Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:00 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

I can only speak for myself... i am not a tea party member but I am certainly sympathetic to the cause.

I cant stand unions because my dad was nearly killed by union thugs. A group of Union Thugs were blocking a public road while protesting the building of a paper mill that was being built by non-union people.

My dad was a Deputy Sherriff and was called out to remove the blockade. A union thug pulled a shotgun on my dad (loaded with buckshot).

Had that gun gone off, my dad would have been cut in half.

Unions are still filled with these kinds of thugs. Unions are not out to protect workers they are BIG BUSINESS looking out for their own all mighty dollar.

AND Unions don’t do anything to get those dollars, they leech off others.

Unions are nasty. Hating unions should be every Americans Patriotic Duty.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I can only speak for myself... i am not a tea party member but I am certainly sympathetic to the cause.

I cant stand unions because my dad was nearly killed by union thugs. A group of Union Thugs were blocking a public road while protesting the building of a paper mill that was being built by non-union people.

My dad was a Deputy Sherriff and was called out to remove the blockade. A union thug pulled a shotgun on my dad (loaded with buckshot).

Had that gun gone off, my dad would have been cut in half.

Unions are still filled with these kinds of thugs. Unions are not out to protect workers they are BIG BUSINESS looking out for their own all mighty dollar.

AND Unions don’t do anything to get those dollars, they leech off others.

Unions are nasty. Hating unions should be every Americans Patriotic Duty.
Not all unions are corrupt, or antithetical to the company making a profit and turning out a high quality product. There are union members where I work, and they are some hard working people, who do there level best at all times.

My father was in a union most of his adult life. His union worked with management, and the non-union staff, to make the best product available. His company did so well, that my father went to Europe with engineers and management, to show the European companies how to emulate what my father's company was doing.

Funny thing was that my father, the life-time democrat, came back from Europe and said he was flabbergasted by the ****-poor work ethic he encountered in the European unions manufacturing sector. He said he would never buy a any product manufactured in Sweden or Norway (can't remember which), because they needed to hire three people for every one worker, just in case two of them opted not to show up to work that day, or they decided not to work the full day.

But I will agree that some unions are full of greedy union leaders, and greedy, selfish and lazy union members, who are willing to strangle the golden goose, just to enrich themselves in the short term, get their golden parachutes, and to hell with those who come after them.

The UAW destroyed two auto companies and almost a third one, and the public sector unions are bankrupting states.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
And my father crossed the picket line to get people into work. I remember the vehicles outside of our house and being followed.

Now, if the business' did people right there wouldn't be any need for unions. But I can tell you right now, that you people don't give a damn about what consitutes fair wages.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
And my father crossed the picket line to get people into work. I remember the vehicles outside of our house and being followed.

Now, if the business' did people right there wouldn't be any need for unions. But I can tell you right now, that you people don't give a damn about what consitutes fair wages.
"Fair Wages" are dictated by the market. A group of whiny people have every right to organize, but that doesn't mean they have a right to whip a company into financial doom or penalize customers with their unruly demands.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM

The market that you just drove down? How convenient.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
If SEIU members would stop beating people up, biting fingers off of people and get off of private property, then they would make a better name for themselves. I'm a union member and I don't like most of them as well since they are blind sheep that follow foolish politicians and keep voting them back in.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:56 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
What does it say about an organization when someone with more senority can "bump" a more skilled and deserving person from a higher position! The IBEW calls that ok? NO friggin way...............

Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post

Yea sure, we want to work for $4/hour, and deny ourselves, our friends and family members to work for a fair wage.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I thought they were primarily focused on taxes and deficits. What is the connection between a union plumber and the tax rate??
Hate. You need to learn some better words. Hate is too strong for what you are asking.

That being said; We just bailed out a union car company that is not making a profit because its employees are being paid more than they are worth. Our grandchildren will still be paying for this bailout down the road. Wouldn't it be better for them to make a little less money and us to pay fewer taxes. This greed and that is exactly what it is, is destroying our country.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yea sure, we want to work for $4/hour, and deny ourselves, our friends and family members to work for a fair wage.

You must.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies