Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,465,785 times

Advertisements

It's perfectly obvious what Sarah Palin is: an ambitious, ego-driven woman with a mediocre IQ and a high level of charisma who has discovered a personal gold mine. She is talk show/reality TV royalty; a mega multi-millionaire who travels the country via Lear jet with a big entourage that dotes on her, earning hundreds of thousands of dollars per hour to briefly show up at rallies and give stupid conservatives the impression that she is just a regular salt-of-the earth hockey mom who makes moose chili for her kids. Throw in a few "fellow patriots" and "ya knows" in there, and the low IQ section of America will just eat that all up. Who can blame her, really? It's a unique and useful talent. Gotta get that cash!

Meanwhile, her dysfunctional, low-achieving daughter and former irresponsible boyfriend have studied the business model well and are now on their way to becoming vapid reality TV celebrities themselves...living the American dream just like Momma Palin taught them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 05:40 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The people who love Palin will continue to defend her. They're blindly loyal to her. I think they're mostly people who share her feelings of paranoia and insecurity. They're united by a feeling that the system is stacked against them. Knowledge doesn't matter to Palin, and it doesn't matter to her supporters either. It's her mediocrity that they believe is her greatest strength.
It's amazing, isn't it?

Old 09-03-2010, 05:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
It's amazing, isn't it?
Isn't this the story of many when they become fascinated with someone or something. They can not see the faults..I think we see this with Obama as well. There are many who were or are so taken by him, he is their God and their only God.

Thank goodness most people can ride a middle ground.

Nita

Old 09-03-2010, 05:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How convenient to find people who would not openly talk about her!! Doesn't this say something about the people or that the magazine is full of it. Wouldn't waste my money on people who hide behind a pen.
thanks, my feeling exactly.

Nita

Old 09-03-2010, 05:52 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is that the kind of rehearsed facade and dark soul to which you refer?

I'd guess more like the kind of rehearsed facade of a Dog & Pony show on an aircraft carrier celebrating the accomplishment of nothing at great expense.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:01 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
It's amazing, isn't it?
What's even more amazing is the number of people that will latch on to any negative narrative regarding Palin and wave it around as proof positive.

"Oh my God, she's a bad tipper! See how evil!"

"She has a temper! I knew there was something wrong with her"

'She's an ambitious, ego-driven woman with charisma'. (Replace 'woman' with 'man' and who does that describe?) I left out the 'mediocre IQ' since I've not seen reliable info.

She's also the single-most vilified, smeared female politician in history...and she's still standing. With a voice that's stronger than ever. With influence that can't be denied. If nothing else, I give her credit for having the fortitude and backbone to stand up, take it..and come out smiling.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:16 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Gross writes that people who know her well would not talk about her on the record, some out of loyalty others "because they fear she will exact revenge" as he put it. Some "political strategists, longtime Clinton friends and political associates, hotel staff, shopkeepers and hairstylists, and high-school friends of Chelsea's" dished about Hillary on the condition of anonymity. He wasn't able to talk with Hillary herself. It's not a flattering portrait of a woman who may very well want to be this country's next president.

Some highlights: Hillary, always control-happy, has a big temper. She does not tip well, if at all. She has a short attention span.

Sarah Palin's Dark Universe: Vanity Fair's Profile
So what!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I did. I'm "in the industry" so to speak. For weeks before anyone knew she was to be VP candidate right up to the Arizona Biltmore meltdown, fiasco the night of the election.
^
This is the one thing that disgusts me about City Data. People can just lie through their teeth and too many people believe them.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:30 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
FYI, being a bad tipper and one to fly off the handle is the least of her problems. It's much more deep seated than that.
Do you mean something along the lines of letting an impressionable, young, twenty-something intern perform fellatio on her while performing the duties of the head of the free world?

Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,470,554 times
[quote=TomDot;15741629]
Quote:

Do you mean something along the lines of letting an impressionable, young, twenty-something intern perform fellatio on her while performing the duties of the head of the free world?

There's a big difference between "performing the duties" and quitting, perhaps you should look into that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies