Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
you want proof? you can do your taxes for free on the IRS's website pretty easy, unless you make too much money. an example of punishment for income. those who pay the most in taxes can't even use the resources they pay for?
Do you truly believe the IRS's website is set up to process millions upon millions of only simple tax returns because the IRS wants to discriminate against rich people, and the excuse is that they have complicated tax returns?

Are you serious?

All this un-thought-through, unfocused, generalized rage you've revealed here, I don't know.... good luck....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
This thread is silliness! The modern idea of "wealth distribution" in America adds up to a few hundred dollars in tax relief for the working poor and middle class. Unfortunately tax policy has been benefiting the rich for decades. You see, distribution of wealth is a two way street. But morons who know nothing about economics seem to ignore the facts...or they just don't understand...

Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I disagree.....I have only a HS education.

"Lack of opportunity"????

You have to make your own luck.

Exactly! Until very recently, I too only had a HS diploma, but somehow made it far enough to own several businesses, work in my field of choice(law enforcement), travel the world, and generally do what I wanted to do. Life is what YOU make it!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:03 AM

646 posts, read 393,990 times
no, I understand just fine. if you give poor people more money, they will remain poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
This thread is silliness! The modern idea of "wealth distribution" in America adds up to a few hundred dollars in tax relief for the working poor and middle class. Unfortunately tax policy has been benefiting the rich for decades. You see, distribution of wealth is a two way street. But morons who know nothing about economics seem to ignore the facts...or they just don't understand...

Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 AM

no, it's quite simple. people who pay more in taxes don't get the benefit of utilizing the service. is that somehow fair? if you own a home, and pay property taxes, the federal government will scoff at your request to receive grant money for education, even though your property taxes fund it. sorry this is so difficult to understand, but it really isn't. taxes are what drives people away. it's driving people out of california, and the NE. this is history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you truly believe the IRS's website is set up to process millions upon millions of only simple tax returns because the IRS wants to discriminate against rich people, and the excuse is that they have complicated tax returns?

Are you serious?

All this un-thought-through, unfocused, generalized rage you've revealed here, I don't know.... good luck....

Old 09-04-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
no, I understand just fine. if you give poor people more money, they will remain poor.
especially with a flat tax.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
no, it's quite simple. people who pay more in taxes don't get the benefit of utilizing the service. is that somehow fair? if you own a home, and pay property taxes, the federal government will scoff at your request to receive grant money for education, even though your property taxes fund it. sorry this is so difficult to understand, but it really isn't. taxes are what drives people away. it's driving people out of california, and the NE. this is history.
Learn something about writing software! Good God, man.

Grant money for education, are you complaining someone in your family didnt get a grant because your household income is too large? And they didnt get a scholarship for whatever reason? And now you're going to have to get a loan, or make financial sacrifices for education?

Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 AM

but you already said that a flat tax would give them less money. you are contradicting yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
especially with a flat tax.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
well maybe instead of money offer some free community college courses and offer aprenticeship program for the trades

Old 09-04-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
but you already said that a flat tax would give them less money. you are contradicting yourself.
No, think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies