Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 03:08 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Let me guess, you took the comment of Afghanistan to be a developing nation to be a negative comment?

The United Nations lists Afghanistan as a Land-Locked Developing Nation. Nothing negative about it.
If a nation is not civlised,it is....what exactly?

You and others here appear to believe Muslims are incapable of self control when upset...I believe that similar excuses were used by quite a few different bigots over the years....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 03:09 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The Muslim world would not even know?

Because they don't have newspapers and television stations?

And if the Muslim world would not even know, then what was the point to begin with?
The point is that this guy is trying to get attention. And he's got it.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:10 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
It's hard to reason with people who throw acid in the face of little girls if they try to go to school.

I don't think Islam is an idea worthy of respect, and it should rightfully be mocked. (Same is true for Christianity, but to a far lower degree.)

Old 09-08-2010, 03:11 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
If a own my own book, you think you can tell me what I can or cannot do with it, including burning it?

We're not talking about stealing other people's books here. We are talking about our own books.

You telling me I couldn't burn a copy of Meink Kampf if I wanted to?

Restrict freedom of speech is also an unamerican thing to do.

You are grasping. Repeatedly in the thread I said there is a right to, I question the wisdom of doing so.

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
People in Iraq had advanced cities while people in Northern europe were wearing bear skins and beating women on the heads with clubs..

This is must more lefty excuse making.
Still waiting.....are General Petraeus's concerns unfounded?

All the other stuff being discussed is window dressing.

Either you believe that General Petraeus's concerns are legitimate, or you think he's full of garbage.

Do you think that Americans publicly burning Q'urans, and such burnings being televised in Islamic countries, is going to be ignored by Muslims, or that some Muslims are going to feel outraged?

Can you answer?

1,808 posts, read 4,039,653 times
If Newton was correct, what equal and opposite reaction do we get? Much ado about nothing. If the reaction is not equal and not necessarily opposite then peace be with you. Thanx for the grandstanding, wingnuts.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Watching the Gainesville news right now, Jones just said he and his followers will be armed during the book burning.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
That's the point?? The point of what?

Old 09-08-2010, 03:14 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
It's Petraeus's job to PROTECT HIS TROOPS.

And it's laughable that you think the Muslim world won't even know about the book burning if he hadn't said anything. WHY DO YOU THINK HE HAD TO SAY SOMETHING? Think about it for more than a second. Or better yet, do something novel around here and READ THE LINK.

"I am very concerned by the potential repercussions of the possible Koran burning," Petraeus said. "Even the rumor that it might take place has sparked demonstrations such as the one that took place in Kabul yesterday. Were the actual burning to take place, the safety of our soldiers and civilians would be put in jeopardy and accomplishment of the mission would be made more difficult."

What the hell happened to the self-serving mantra the "Right" spewed as a slur against Democrats for years - "Support Our Troops"?
Yes, I think they wouldn't have known, it is only a big deal because Obama's puppet said something about it. If he didn't then we would not even be having this discussion.
It's his job to do right by the troops, no bring religion into the spotlight. It's not his job to express his opinion. McCrystal did it and he was fired.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Still waiting.....are General Petraeus's concerns unfounded?

All the other stuff being discussed is window dressing.

Either you believe that General Petraeus's concerns are legitimate, or you think he's full of garbage.

Do you think that Americans publicly burning Q'urans, and such burnings being televised in Islamic countries, is going to be ignored by Muslims, or that some Muslims are going to feel outraged?

Can you answer?
Every General is a politician.

The troops are in no more danger than usual...why would they be in any more danger because of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies