Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 07:52 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

There are tens of thousands of them bravely serving in the military right this second. Many more are working as translators or intelligence agents in the CIA, DoD, and State Department.

And informants for NYPD and the FBI.

Also--tulips! I'm of Dutch descent, so we plant tulips and it's the Netherlands biggest export crop, but they originally came from Turkey.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
This thread is kinda useless because....

....orrr just go silent....

Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 PM

874 posts, read 1,660,021 times
I love that video JohKip! I've never seen it before, but it's hilarious!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:48 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
I was looking for something like invented the internet , light bulb , fishing pole along that line .
I couldn't find any so I thought someone would come up with something.
Sheesh

they are masters of suicide bombings.

almost everyday now i turn on the news and hear of some muslims blowing up other muslims in the name of allah

if they just could scrap the sharia law that governs their everyday existance, i think they would be some of the most hospitable people on the planet..

Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
they are masters of suicide bombings.

almost everyday now i turn on the news and hear of some muslims blowing up other muslims in the name of allah

if they just could scrap the sharia law that governs their everyday existance, i think they would be some of the most hospitable people on the planet..
And almost every day I turn on the News and see Americans killing their own neighbors...for no apparent reason...boredom apparently... Funny how people are blind to the violence that happens here committed by non-muslims, just Americans, but how those same people are so hyper obsessed with Muslims that kill overseas....I guess its just that citizens in other countries warrant more media attention than the our American brothers and sisters....Not saying that any killing is alright, but seriously people, don't be so blind to everything else that happens in OUR OWN COUNTRY, and act like Muslims are the only violent people in the world.

THE GREATEST THREAT TO AMERICAN SOCIETY AT THIS VERY MOMENT IS AMERICAN SOCIETY!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Aviation (landing could use some work), cell phones, chemistry, improvising devices, oppression and acquiescing to its more radical brethren?

Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Did Muslims invent flying aircraft into buildings,or did they steal that from some other group like almost everything else they are supposedly credited with????

Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And look what these Muslims are trying to do, the bastids.

http://www.alliancetoendhunger.org/r...esource819.pdf
Would that be "inglourious bastids" or just the common ungrateful type? Have you ever entertained the thought that, much like we lilly-white Christians are trying to do,
those Muslims are only trying to survive in a world that is changing at an unbelievable rate? What, save the political jingo and the indignant sabre-rattling, are most
"red blooded and true blue, Americans" left to do? A handful of misguided islamic terrorists took down and decimated our Trade Center, the financial "heart" of our country
but it was our own politicians who buried us in corporate terrorism, calculatedly hijacking our financial system and bring about a greater degree of destruction than all of
the bricks, glass and steel of the Twin Towers that some renegade faction of the Islamic faith could ever have managed to do.

How do you think the American Indian felt, once he discovered that our American Cavalry was issuing blankets, covered with smallpox and given to them after they had been
rounded up and shoved into the reservations? How did we make those American Japanese feel as we, we shoved them into those buses and trains, sending them to interment camps,
not too far removed from Auschwitz, Treblinka, Belsen-Bergen, Hitler's answer to the progressive, latter-day likes of Guantamo Bay?

All too many of us are unrighteously indignant, we see the spilled blood of 4,000 citizens in New York but are dis-compassionate when realizing that the numbers of innocents
lying dead, many in mass graves, thousands of miles from our surburban doorsteps are somehow justified even though we are fully and smugly aware of the fact that it wasn't
ourselves who aimed the smart-bomb or the rocket propelled grenade, our guilt is the guilt of selling out our principles to a class of warmongering leaders who have expedited an
agenda that now comes back to bite us in the ass and serves the politicians in the intended manner, taking our eyes off of the real cause of ruination of our society, their own
incompetance, ineptitude and gross mismanagement.

I could never justify the tragedy of 9/11 but by the same token Ill also never forgive nor forget that in the months before the terrorists came for us, that we were warned. It was the
smug incompetence, negligence and "business as usual" attitude, a posture and school of thought, that has somehow been inculcated, administration after administration within our
own internal security agencies and people like George Tennant and Condomleeza Rice, who are the ones who validly deserve the brunt of our ever- increasing anger.

I've lived long enough to see Emmett Till hung from a tree, black school children blown to bits in Birmingham, JFK assassinated, nursery school children wiped out by a demoniacal
Christian misfit there in Oklahoma, Anthrax mailed to our nations capitol and too many other examples to mention.
As Jesus was purported to say, 'Before you tell me to take that splinter from my eye, you must be willing to remove that rafter from your own eye.'

The parting statement of my unhesitant point, is that just when you think that you've seen it all, a closer look will prove that in a comparative sense, you really ain't seen nothing yet.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Reading through this thread, I cannot help but wonder:

Do any of those who love to hate every single Muslim for the mere fact that he or she practices that religion ever stop to ponder what makes them different (or not) from 1930's Germans who simply dug their teeth into a welcome, demographically different target?
Yes there is something that makes them different than the Germans who went after the same target as the Muslims do (let's not forget that Muslims hate the Jewish people every bit as much as the Nazis).

We went to war against the Nazis. Not only that, Nazis were not allowed to move into the USA and take over but Muslims certainly are.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Here is an interesting educational video that is part of the 1001 inventions exhibit:

its part of this exhibit, and has won numerous short film awards...

1001 Inventions - Discover The Muslim Heritage In Our World | 1001 Inventions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies