Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:42 PM

874 posts, read 1,660,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
exactly. ask a "tough" question and people think its a set up
don't know how you can understand the middle east without understanding the history of it, can't get that from the Juneau examiner or whatever is laying around the office
You're preaching to the choir. I'm simply saying I can understand their flawed logic. Even if it was a setup question, that doesn't excuse ignorance of the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I would be willing to bet that, had she said that she read the NYTimes, Katie Couric would have asked her who her favorite NYTimes writer was. It was a lot like when Charlie Gibson asked her about the Bush Doctrine. They wanted her to look stupid.

What really pisses the Palin defenders here off is that most of us never saw a single tough question lobbed at Obama or Biden during that election. That is what is called journalistic corruption.

My assessment of Sarah Palin is that she tries too hard to answer questions that she has no answers for.
I don't think that they wanted her to look stupid. After all at that time she was running for VP. She did look stupid when she couldn't answer that and other questions.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
are you saying a person that doesn't know history, doesn't care to educate themselves about the world, has a better understanding of man and the world around him than the person who has read widely?
No, I am saying that your post smacks of intellectual elitism.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Didn't say Obama had a monopoly on being a disaster. HA!!!
Did I say ANYBODY had a monopoly on disaster???

NO.

If you want to argue with me, argue direct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Same could be said about Obama followers. Except time has told= Disaster.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
As far as her allure?
Dudes wanna bang her, ugly chicks wanna be her, some mother hen and stupid chicks who think they are smart, identify with her.

She also gets the country folks vote with her animal slaughtering and litter of babies in tow.
LOL!!!!

Maybe ugly chicks wanna be her. TOO BAD they pick a racist, vindictive woman to emulate.

Pretty chicks with a brain think this woman is a stupid political joke who gets more airtime because stupid people buy into her bs.

Do I emulate this woman? I thought she was interesting and respectful until I found out her oldest son was a petty criminal. And that she allowed her daughter to get banged up at home and then promoted her teenage pregnancy on the national stage.

Plain and simple. Americans adore a wicked soap opera. And they've got it with the Palin's.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The Governor's office has staff that reads all the newspapers in Alaska. Any article that pertains to the State is extracted and then grouped together and given to the Governor every day to read. By the way, this also happens at the Department level for all the Commissioners of each Department. The President of the United States also has similar staff doing the exact same thing for him.

So when Sarah said that she reads "all of them, any of them" she was being both truthful and accurate. It does not matter which Alaskan newspaper or media outlet you pick, if they made a reference to the State of Alaska or the Governor's office, Sarah was given that information the following day.
And how many of those staffers are still on Palin's team?

The staffers at the office were clueless when asked about Palin's measures to tackle record high child and sexual abuse statistics in the state. They were defensive and angry when asked simply about programs to help out in this arena.

You people really want a woman who governed a state with record high child and sex abuse victims and has NEVER come on the national stage in defense of these victims but instead abandoned her position for a buck.

Are you people crazy?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
I don't think Sarah Palin is a quick thinker or can come back with a good answer when she gets a trick question.
I do like what I call her down to earth philosophy of government.
Smaller national government, less spending and national debt, less shipping of jobs to India or China, let Americans take care of America and quit being the worlds police force.
Give the country back to the citizens instead of politicians, lawyers, and big heads of money grubbing corporations.
At least that is what I thought she was trying to say.
Do I think she could bring that about? No.
At this point in time I don't know if anyone can.
And imo, Oblabber is going to make sure no one can.
Yeah, you're right. She is not a quick thinker. Even straightforward questions pose a problem for her.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
No, but telling Katie that she only reads the Juneau Empire would have been a tough answer. Palin knew that and so she flubbed it.
That makes perfect sense.
Telling Katie that she only read the Juneau Empire would have been weird considering that some of Palin's most destructive critique comes from Alaska's own people, in her own state. And most certainly from the geographical quadrant where Juneau lies.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No, I am saying that your post smacks of intellectual elitism.
intellectual elitism? that is funny. you want leaders of average intellect, people who don't know the history of the country they run or the history of other countries of which they are trying to problem solve?
nothing wrong with average intellect or even low intellect, but you don't hire someone who is not qualified for the job because they are likable

Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 PM

288 posts, read 350,088 times
Quote:
you don't hire someone who is not qualified for the job because they are likable

Quoted for posterity and truth...and a liberal dose of irony.

Regards,
Tb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies