Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,854,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Reaching across the isle. I do give Obama respect for being the bigger person trying to put aside the politics and work with the republicans, which they strongly opposed.
You must be joking! He is the most partisan president in recent memory. Our president is supposed to represent all Americans, not just the ones who put him into office (or who he hopes will keep him there in 2012) but I can't seem to recall a single instance when he had a kind word to say about a Republican. He hold the entire party completely responsible for everything that is wrong in this county, especially the economy.

If you believe otherwise, please cite specific examples of his putting aside politics to reach out to Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are confused because you bought into the hype. 0bama is not the great thinker and speaker we were led to believe. Even you subconsciously understand this, which is why you think 0bama needs writers to tell him what to say.

I think the problem is that his writers and advisers are starting to realize that everything they thought they knew, from the decades they spent in their sterile halls of academia, where they preached theoretical economics, and pushing buttons A.B &C always provided the same theoretical results, do not actually work in the real world. So neither he nor they know what to do any more, nor what say. The party is over, and it's all looking like a charade.
No, I think they all need writers. If he can't bring himself to play Big Cartoon Daddy, that's too bad; unfortunately Americans need and demand that sort of cosseting illusion. "sterile halls of academia," lol.

He should have walked us through these decisions much better than he has done. Ineffective communication was a huge error.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, I think they all need writers. If he can't bring himself to play Big Cartoon Daddy, that's too bad; unfortunately Americans need and demand that sort of cosseting illusion. "sterile halls of academia," lol.
It was all the hype, that 0bama was the smartest most intelligent president of our time, and a his being gifted orator, or as Pelosi put it, 0bama was “a leader that God has blessed us with at this time”. Or as the narcissist-in-chief put it “The big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me” because "We are the ones that we have been waiting for". But apparently, the "ones we have been waiting for" are writers to make 0bama sound like he was hyped to be. his teleprompter is his crutch, without it he comes off looking and acting "stupidly".

Old 09-09-2010, 10:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
It was all the hype, that 0bama was the smartest most intelligent president of our time, and a his being gifted orator, or as Pelosi put it, 0bama was “a leader that God has blessed us with at this time”. Or as the narcissist-in-chief put it “The big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me” because "We are the ones that we have been waiting for". But apparently, the "ones we have been waiting for" are writers to make 0bama sound like he was hyped to be. his teleprompter is his crutch, without it he comes off sounding "stupidly".
No, I think he is the smartest etc. and a gifted orator. At the small speeches and meetings he always comes off well. I don't see why, if he's so wily and sneaky as you say, he doesn't communicate with us better to get us all on his side. No one listens to the radio addresses.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
You must be joking! He is the most partisan president in recent memory. Our president is supposed to represent all Americans, not just the ones who put him into office (or who he hopes will keep him there in 2012) but I can't seem to recall a single instance when he had a kind word to say about a Republican. He hold the entire party completely responsible for everything that is wrong in this county, especially the economy.

If you believe otherwise, please cite specific examples of his putting aside politics to reach out to Republicans.
You need to do some reading. Obama has been one of the most bi-partisan presidents I can think of. He kept many former bush admin members on his cabinet, most notably devout republican defense secretary Robert Gates. Things like this have been unheard of before Obama.
He also re-hired bush era commander general petraeus, gave even more money to big banks, and the big debate, heathcare reform if you actually read it is so loaded with earmarks and pork for big insurance and pharmaceutical it's not even funny. It's as right as it can get and just barely slide through passing.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:36 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Taking the oath of office for a job he is not Qualified to do and Deli honey this came from his own mouth when asked why he did not run against Bush in 2008 and frankly midway thru his first term as a U.S.senator didn't make him qualified either.Barry the community organizer...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Spending our country into oblivion.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
You can't pick just one, because everything that he has done has been a big mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Obamacare is his biggest mistake. He cut backroom deals and took what amounts to bribes to get it pushed through and we have already seen insurance companies start to raise rates due to it and it will hurt the little person in the long run. His lack of willingness to work with the Republicans and his lack of promised transparency add to this as a major mistake.

But this is just one of the many HUGE mistakes he has made.
Quote:
You are confused because you bought into the hype. 0bama is not the great thinker and speaker we were led to believe. Even you subconsciously understand this, which is why you think 0bama needs writers to tell him what to say.

I think the problem is that his writers and advisers are starting to realize that everything they thought they knew, from the decades they spent in their sterile halls of academia, where they preached theoretical economics, and pushing buttons A.B &C always provided the same theoretical results, do not actually work in the real world. So neither he nor they know what to do any more, nor what say. The party is over, and it's all looking like a charade.
Quote:
0bama went 8 or 9 months without meeting with any of the republican leadership in the house and senate, how does this translate to him going "way out of his way to work with the Republicans"?

What was transparent about the many closed door meetings, and not one C-SPAN camera at any of those health care meetings?
Quote:
It was all the hype, that 0bama was the smartest most intelligent president of our time, and a his being gifted orator, or as Pelosi put it, 0bama was “a leader that God has blessed us with at this time”. Or as the narcissist-in-chief put it “The big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me” because "We are the ones that we have been waiting for". But apparently, the "ones we have been waiting for" are writers to make 0bama sound like he was hyped to be. his teleprompter is his crutch, without it he comes off looking and acting "stupidly".
^^^I love all these points. Ya'll are sooo right, absolutely spot on! I can't add to them, I can only appreciate your thoughts!

Quote:
No, I think he is the smartest etc. and a gifted orator. At the small speeches and meetings he always comes off well. I don't see why, if he's so wily and sneaky as you say, he doesn't communicate with us better to get us all on his side. No one listens to the radio addresses.
This one I can answer. Because he is full of ____, and when he talks . . .

Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
He mistakenly thought repugs were humans who cared about this great nation and it citizens.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
I think he's doing fine except for one thing: he must communicate with "us" better, in the way Americans like/need. ...
Don't see why they don't hire some good writers and fix this problem...
I disagree with your evaluation of his behavior, but the problem with "communication" is not because he needs better writers. It is quite a task to persuade sheeple to look forward to being sheared.

"Thou shalt not steal - - - even if it's the government doing it," is hard to side step.

Governments are instituted to secure inalienable rights, not destroy them.

And "Sharing the wealth" is nothing less than government sponsored piracy and slavery.

I will withdraw my criticism of BHO when he shows his intention to secure the people's inalienable rights, without denying any individual's right in the process. But as long as he champions "collectivization" of America, by any and all means, fair and foul, he is anathema to the principles stated in the Declaration of Independence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies