Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 04:31 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
You missed the whole point, but I'm not suprised. Who shot Pat Tillman, who blew up the Murrah building, who ate some of his neighbors, who destroyed Columbine????? This kind of stupid arguement can go on all day. It's pointless. Learn to see what you're looking at.
No, you missed my point. The ones I listed killed in the name of Islam and were Americans. Pat Tillman was killed in a friendly fire incident, something that does happen in combat, though much less frequently today than in the past. Columbine, those guys were not killing in the name of any religion. Murrah building wasn't blown up for Christian religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 04:36 PM

563 posts, read 929,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No, you missed my point. The ones I listed killed in the name of Islam and were Americans. Pat Tillman was killed in a friendly fire incident, something that does happen in combat, though much less frequently today than in the past. Columbine, those guys were not killing in the name of any religion. Murrah building wasn't blown up for Christian religion.
What percentage of 1.57 billion is the number you cited? People are individuals. Are you judging the billion plus by the example of your number? If so, then there's nothing we can talk about. Your mind is closed.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Who killed the Amish girls in a PA schoolhouse and planned to rape them first but police began trying to break in? A sick, sick psycopath who spent quite a bit of time planning how to harm these defensless girls. Who held a class of girls hostage in Bailey, CO and molested them before being killed by police? Hadn't heard of this one, will have to research it before commenting. Who killed fellow humans during the tragedy of Katrina? A combination of the opportunist criminal element in New Orleans and a few members of law enforcement, sadly.
comments above in red & blue

Although, I'm not certain what the point being made is. Did the people who did these crimes profess they did it in the name of any God?

Old 09-12-2010, 04:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
What percentage of 1.57 billion is the number you cited? People are individuals. Are you judging the billion plus by the example of your number? If so, then there's nothing we can talk about. Your mind is closed.

YouTube - The shocking video Muslims don't want you to see!!

Of course no liberal will criticize the actions of Muslims. Muslims can do whatever the hell they want.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:41 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Well, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Philipines, Russia, Palestine, Pakistan, parts of Africa, United Kingdom, and Spain have all had their own muslim terrorist. If you include the terrorist and their willing and knowing supporters among the muslim community then that represents a sizable percentage of the world's muslim population.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:51 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
yes, I was thinking the same thing (regarding the american muslim question, but I wanted you to say it )
Now, the bigger question is... how do these Americanized mulsims relate to the radicals (or even the strict muslims in the Arab world)?

While I agree with your general assesment, I am still unsure of the latter.
I would like to know what the American muslims think of the plan to build the NYC mega mosque. My guess is that 75-85% either do not care, or would rather have them NOT build it there. What do you think?
Why, you manipulative...

I think that what the Muslims think about the mosque varies. Some Muslims have spoken out against building a mosque there. Some agreed it could be seen as insensitive. Others, I suspect, are just saying "oh, no, don't give them another reason for them to hate us..."

And then there have to be internal Muslim issues with the mosque, since it is a Sufi congregation and more orthodox Muslims don't believe that Sufiism is a valid form of Islam (like some Baptists don't think that Catholicism is a valid form of Christianity and vice versa). I think one of the most amusing things I've ever read (in a dark sort of way) is that Osama Bin Laden, when he was tossed out of Saudi Arabia, said that Afghanistan is the only true Muslim country in the world. Most Americans looking at Saudi Arabia would find that an odd statement, wouldn't they?

I've posted somewhere on here that I know of a few fellow survivors, Muslims, who went on the night of 9/11/01 to a Palestinian community in a city in NJ to confront a group that was celebrating the attacks. The one who told me this had a discussion with me a few months after 9/11 religion. We were both in the same place--he had not attended services at his mosque since That Day, and I had not attended services at my church since then. We were both disillusioned with our respective religions in the aftermath of the attacks.

I guess it boils down to it depends upon the individual point of view and how one sees the world.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Well, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Philipines, Russia, Palestine, Pakistan, parts of Africa, United Kingdom, and Spain have all had their own muslim terrorist. If you include the terrorist and their willing and knowing supporters among the muslim community then that represents a sizable percentage of the world's muslim population.
There are a lot of them that hold the extremist views, no doubt about it. We're not talking about a couple of hundred people.

Most foreign Muslims, I suspect, are not even concerned one way or the other, just probably trying to survive and live their lives day to day.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:59 PM

563 posts, read 929,890 times
Quote:
It's not sizable in relation the one a half billion Muslims. Not even 1%. Have you ever talked to a Muslim in your area about your perceptions and tried to validate anything?

Anyway, I know by now this is pointless on C-D.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM

785 posts, read 619,481 times
Quote:
Who killed the Amish girls in a PA schoolhouse and planned to rape them first but police began trying to break in? Who held a class of girls hostage in Bailey, CO and molested them before being killed by police? Who killed fellow humans during the tragedy of Katrina?
With all due respect, what youre missing is the religious aspect. Random examples of violence in America are a laughable arguement compared to RELIGIOUS BASED violence.

But you knew that...right?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:02 PM

785 posts, read 619,481 times
Quote:
Who killed the Amish girls in a PA schoolhouse and planned to rape them first but police began trying to break in? Who held a class of girls hostage in Bailey, CO and molested them before being killed by police? Who killed fellow humans during the tragedy of Katrina?
With all due respect, what youre missing is the religious aspect. Random examples of violence in America are a laughable arguement compared to RELIGIOUS BASED violence.

But you knew that...right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies