Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times

Advertisements

I am firmly against, anything resembling a mosque be placed anywhere near ground zero, however, not only are they insensitive to building the 100 million dollar special, but, now, they are planning on dedicating it on Sept. 11, 2011…try and tell me there is no agenda?

I am appalled…this is like a slap across the face, or like rubbing the noses of the families who lost loved ones in the mud...this is a display of insensitivity and just blatant antagonistic to Americans in support of the terrorists

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...WS0lXuAnQau5uL

Since this announcement, yes, the Iman, has decided make an announcement to the public, that they are now considering other sites

but, in his announcement merely a smoke screen, since, there have been threats on his life, and has asked the NY police department for protection

However, you don't plan 100 million dollar structure, dedicating it on Sept. 11, 2011 and then back off so easily....this is all so unthinkable and bizarre

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-23-2010 at 06:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 AM

57,242 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am firmly against, anything resembling a mosque be placed anywhere near ground zero, however, not only are they insensitive to building the 100 million dollar special, but, now, they are planning on dedicating it on Sept. 11, 2011…try and tell me there is no agenda?

I am appalled…this is like a slap across the face, or like rubbing the noses of the families who lost loved ones in the mud...this is a display of insensitivity and just blatant antagonistic to Americans in support of the terrorists

Since this announcement, yes, the Iman, has decided make an announcement to the public, that they are now considering other sites

but, in his announcement merely a smoke screen, since, there have been threats on his life, and has asked the NY police department for protection

However, you don't plan 100 million dollar structure, dedicating it on Sept. 11, 2011 and then back off so easily....this is all so unthinkable and bizarre
Do you honestly believe that they planned to build a 13 story building in Manhattan in a little over a year when they hadn’t even raised the funding? This is an old article but its absurdity lives on…

Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 AM

well, I hope your right....4 months ago, isn't that long ago....and as you said, I also, question the media...now, Iman is worried, b/c his life has been threatened, unless of course, that to is hyped up by the media....he's asked for NY City Police protection?

and yes, you have made a good point about the building project, funding, etc....

Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:

The 9/11/11 date was never on the table--the only place it ever appeared was in that Post article and was obviously concocted to inflame. (And succeeeded.) This is the half-truth article that set off the controversy. It's amazing what people will swallow without doing a little research, or using a little common sense. Raise funds, get permits, design a building, demolish an existing building, bid out contracts, build and get a certificate of occupancy, all within 16 months or so? Yeah, ok...articles in less-Enquirer-like media than the NY Post all state a three-to-five year plan.

Death threats have also been made by mosque opponents against members of the residential community board in whose neighborhood this mosque is and who approved the plans. There are always these types on every side, I suppose.

However, OP, you are well aware that there have been numerous threads covering this situation on C-D going back to when that Post article first appeared, because you have participated in them. Any particular reason for bringing it up anew?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
This was all addressed and debunked in the numerous other threads on this topic.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Mightyqueen The 9/11/11 date was never on the table--the only place it ever appeared was in that Post article and was obviously concocted to inflame. (And succeeeded.) This is the half-truth article that set off the controversy. It's amazing what people will swallow without doing a little research, or using a little common sense. Raise funds, get permits, design a building, demolish an existing building, bid out contracts, build and get a certificate of occupancy, all within 16 months or so? Yeah, ok...articles in less-Enquirer-like media than the NY Post all state a three-to-five year plan.

Death threats have also been made by mosque opponents against members of the residential community board in whose neighborhood this mosque is and who approved the plans. There are always these types on every side, I suppose.
your right on all accounts, actually, and I should have thought this out before I posted it....however, I'm still very concerned with the issue, along with the Religion...and, the plans to dedicate the mosque on a 911 date, would not surprise me, due to the fact that they are still planning on building it near ground zero...however, I did read a paper report this morning, that they are now thinking of looking for another site. So, who knows....

Quote:
However, OP, you are well aware that there have been numerous threads covering this situation on C-D going back to when that Post article first appeared, because you have participated in them. Any particular reason for bringing it up anew?
yes, b/c much to my embarrassement, I just heard about the 9-11 date of dedication....and considered it could be a rumor, but when I found that article from May, I thought perhaps it wasn't...?

How do you know its made up? Yanno, if they have the insensitivity to build the mosque where it is...then why would they care about the date?

Also, I've been doing some reasearch and am finding out that the law of Islam is they're religion...religion/law....which means, they're religion is not only build on slavery, where people do not have the freedom to choose, but, my son has been working in Afghanistan and he wrote me the following

"Usually tribal elders make the rules. And as far as elders....basically just old men, not educated, not much common sense, and very corrupted. The difference between America and a muslim country...we don't rule by religion. Especially a religion that operates by enslavement."

"The reason the Muslim religion is so powerful is because it is a religion of slavery. Let a muslim try to leave it in any country that is Muslim. They brainwash them from young children with no free will or freedom to believe what they want to. My opinion...the reason they are so harsh on people that want to leave or convert to another religion is because they know that they would lose the power. Would Americans be so tolerant if Christianity was the same way? Not a chance."

point of interest....Many Muslims in Canada feel an obligation to be obey Sharia, the law system used in many Islamic countries. This has led to the creation of Sharia tribunals in some provinces. Ontario is one.

Problem with this Religion, Sharia is Muslim Law....so, cutting the nose off someone's face for sin, is law....Robert Spencer, the author of JihadWatch.org, says he first became aware of the threat of Sharia "after seeing repeated attempts to assert the primacy of Islamic law over American law." One of those early attempts, he told TPMmuckraker, came in late 2006, when Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota made news by refusing to take passengers carrying alcohol. The incidents resulted in the cabbies going to the back of the queue, letting passengers with booze get into another cab.

So, after researching these issues, and hearing this morning about the 9 11 planned date of dedication, the idea of building any more Mosques became more alarming...and my question is, if the Muslims are coming out of the Middle East in Droves, and living now, in Paris, Canada, United States...and building all they're mosques, and they have been raised to believe that they're laws are they're religion, well, quite frankly, then why are they coming to other countries to live and work and ignorning the laws of those countries....? There is something serioulsy wrong with this...

not to mention, why are we so tollerent of this particular Religion, when it interfers with our every day lives, like the Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota, but take the word God off of public buildings, take prayer and Bible reading out of schools?

Freedom of Religion is not law...however, when you believe your religion is law...then that is a threat....especially if our laws are ignored....

and if they do plan on dedicating this mosque on any 9 11 date, that would be a blatant attempt....of mockery....to the people of the U.S.
Knowing full well, that 60% of Americans are against it?

I don't get any of this, the hypocracy? I think it is important to continue these subjects as a discussion and research...b/c I'm sure, there are a lot of American's who like me, were not aware of this..which is why it's important to research....but I don't believe this topic should be over?

Is it against City Data Rules to continue this? To start a new thread, with different ideas, and issues? Just asking, b/c I don't know?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-23-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 09-23-2010, 09:37 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This was all addressed and debunked in the numerous other threads on this topic.
debunked?? well, how do we know that the Imam did not want to open the mega-mosque on 9-11-2011? he can say whatever he wants now that he realizes that common-sense Americans won't let him do it.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,678 times
Quote:
your right on all accounts, actually, and I should have thought this out before I posted it....however, I'm still very concerned with the issue, along with the Religion...and, the plans to dedicate the mosque on a 911 date, would not surprise me, due to the fact that they are still planning on building it near ground zero...however, I did read a paper report this morning, that they are now thinking of looking for another site. So, who knows....

yes, b/c much to my embarrassement, I just heard about the 9-11 date of dedication....and considered it could be a rumor, but when I found that article from May, I thought perhaps it wasn't...?

How do you know its made up? Yanno, if they have the insensitivity to build the mosque where it is...then why would they care about the date?

Also, I've been doing some reasearch and am finding out that the law of Islam is they're religion...religion/law....which means, they're religion is not only build on slavery, where people do not have the freedom to choose, but, my son has been working in Afghanistan and he wrote me the following

"Usually tribal elders make the rules. And as far as elders....basically just old men, not educated, not much common sense, and very corrupted. The difference between America and a muslim country...we don't rule by religion. Especially a religion that operates by enslavement."

"The reason the Muslim religion is so powerful is because it is a religion of slavery. Let a muslim try to leave it in any country that is Muslim. They brainwash them from young children with no free will or freedom to believe what they want to. My opinion...the reason they are so harsh on people that want to leave or convert to another religion is because they know that they would lose the power. Would Americans be so tolerant if Christianity was the same way? Not a chance."

point of interest....Many Muslims in Canada feel an obligation to be obey Sharia, the law system used in many Islamic countries. This has led to the creation of Sharia tribunals in some provinces. Ontario is one.

Problem with this Religion, Sharia is Muslim Law....so, cutting the nose off someone's face for sin, is law....Robert Spencer, the author of JihadWatch.org, says he first became aware of the threat of Sharia "after seeing repeated attempts to assert the primacy of Islamic law over American law." One of those early attempts, he told TPMmuckraker, came in late 2006, when Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota made news by refusing to take passengers carrying alcohol. The incidents resulted in the cabbies going to the back of the queue, letting passengers with booze get into another cab.

So, after researching these issues, and hearing this morning about the 9 11 planned date of dedication, the idea of building any more Mosques became more alarming...and my question is, if the Muslims are coming out of the Middle East in Droves, and living now, in Paris, Canada, United States...and building all they're mosques, and they have been raised to believe that they're laws are they're religion, well, quite frankly, then why are they coming to other countries to live and work and ignorning the laws of those countries....? There is something serioulsy wrong with this...

not to mention, why are we so tollerent of this particular Religion, when it interfers with our every day lives, like the Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota, but take the word God off of public buildings, take prayer and Bible reading out of schools?

Freedom of Religion is not law...however, when you believe your religion is law...then that is a threat....especially if our laws are ignored....

and if they do plan on dedicating this mosque on any 9 11 date, that would be a blatant attempt....of mockery....to the people of the U.S.
Knowing full well, that 60% of Americans are against it?

I don't get any of this, the hypocracy? I think it is important to continue these subjects as a discussion and research...b/c I'm sure, there are a lot of American's who like me, were not aware of this..which is why it's important to research....but I don't believe this topic should be over?

Is it against City Data Rules to continue this? To start a new thread, with different ideas, and issues? Just asking, b/c I don't know?
good post question about Canada, regarding the Sharia law that you noted. What happens if the Canadian muslims do not want their case processed in Sharia court? Say a muslim woman protests, and wants her due process in the Canadian court system instead? It seems like she would/should be granted that freedom? If not, then Canada has a major problem

Old 09-23-2010, 09:48 AM

604 posts, read 750,585 times
Quote:

Not a mosque, not even a place for worship, its like a cultural bridge....

Ever thought maybe they want to put it there to help Muslims become more integrated in our Western hemispheric life?

Maybe they're building it, to bridge a "gap" we've got in a few of our ignorant minds for what the Muslim religion actually is.

People like you who are against this, are helping the Taliban recruit and become larger--read any reports on the quotes we get from them saying

America is about freedom of religion (was why we were founded as colonies in the first place) and that by denying ONE single religion, many countries and companies are giving donations to the Taliban, and more Islamic people are joining their ranks and inquiring about joining.

Personally, I think everyone should shut-up, keep OPEN minds and go about their day, being considerate and polite--but thats just me and my 17 year old self sitting in a language class thnking these things...

Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Many Muslims in Canada feel an obligation to be obey Sharia, the law system used in many Islamic countries. This has led to the creation of Sharia tribunals in some provinces. Ontario is one.
The devil is in the details. British law (and Canadian law shares a lot of DNA with British law) has a centuries old tradition for private arbitration. Two parties enter into a contract and stipulate that disputes be settled by whatever authority they agree on when signing. Councils of Jewish rabbis have been operating in this role for several hundred years in England. In other words, it's not criminal prosecution, it's contract law. If you don't like the terms of the contract, don't sign it. (Private arbitration is quite common in Europe. Europeans don't like going to court.)

Quote:
Problem with this Religion, Sharia is Muslim Law....so, cutting the nose off someone's face for sin, is law...
There are no punishments handed down, no power to prosecute, no authority beyond taht voluntarily given them in civil disputes.

Quote:
Robert Spencer, the author of JihadWatch.org, says he first became aware of the threat of Sharia "after seeing repeated attempts to assert the primacy of Islamic law over American law." One of those early attempts, he told TPMmuckraker, came in late 2006, when Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota made news by refusing to take passengers carrying alcohol.
If ever there was a situation where the market would sort things out, that would be it. What law was broken?

Quote:
The incidents resulted in the cabbies going to the back of the queue, letting passengers with booze get into another cab.
Problem solved, sounds like.

Quote:
not to mention, why are we so tollerent of this particular Religion, when it interfers with our every day lives, like the Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota,
You can't buy bacon in a Kosher deli, either. Go to another store. The cab driver, like the deli owner, is not obliged to entertain your business.

Quote:
but take the word God off of public buildings, take prayer and Bible eading out of schools?
Because one is a private enterprise, another is tax funded. Private businesses have leeway that public entities do not.

Quote:
Freedom of Religion is not law...
Yes, it is.

Quote:
and if they do plan on dedicating this mosque on any 9 11 date
No one has ever linked that to anything but the NY Post tabloid trying to get people worked up - and succeeding.

Quote:
I don't get any of this, the hypocracy?
Where's the hypocrisy? Muslims have the same privileges and responsibilities in exercising their faith as do Christians, Jews, Hindus, Mormons etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies