Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The top 2% want the lower 98% to pay their taxes for them...
Of course I want everyone else to pay my taxes. So do you.

However, the reality is that the top 2% ALREADY PAY MOST OF THE TAXES. I pay over $500K per year in taxes. How much do you pay? The "ultra rich", such as a Bill Gates or a Warren Buffet, probably dodge thier taxes. Everyone else who generates a paycheck PAYS THIER TAXES. I certainly do, as there is no way out of it, except federal prison.

You have bought into the liberal myth of "the rich" avoiding taxes. While that may be true for the tax dodging ultra rich like John Kerry, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, ect........... everyone else is compelled by law to pay- any pay we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 01:10 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So, how did those government credits and other allowances affect you Income Tax Rate which will go up on January 01 if Congress doesn't extend the Bush tax cuts.

Credits and allowances... government giving YOUR money to YOU.
Read the first post... My taxes went down... not like the Republicans are lying about saying theirs went up... their taxes went down too...

Old 09-30-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Read the first post... My taxes went down... not like the Republicans are lying about saying theirs went up... their taxes went down too...
My taxes have not gone up yet. But they sure will as of January 2011.

1. increased income taxes
2. increased buisness taxes
3. Obamacare taxes
4. marriage penalty tax
5. elimination of most charitable deductions
6. capital gains tax increases

So I am wondering, exactly what is your point? The fact that Obama is increasing taxes as of Jan 2011 is irrefuteable. It is going to happen. I guess I am confused as to why you are contesting these issues, as even the Obama administration would tell you that these taxes are in fact scheduled to take place.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

3. Obamacare taxes
4. marriage penalty tax

So I am wondering, exactly what is your point? The fact that Obama is increasing taxes as of Jan 2011 is irrefutable. It is going to happen. I guess I am confused as to why you are contesting these issues, as even the Obama administration would tell you that these taxes are in fact scheduled to take place.
...health savings accounts, the racist tanning tax and tobacco taxes have already sky rocketed...

Old 09-30-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:

3. Obamacare taxes
4. marriage penalty tax

So I am wondering, exactly what is your point? The fact that Obama is increasing taxes as of Jan 2011 is irrefuteable. It is going to happen. I guess I am confused as to why you are contesting these issues, as even the Obama administration would tell you that these taxes are in fact scheduled to take place.
Irrefutable???... Raising your taxes???... Are you in the top 2%???...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
...health savings accounts, the racist tanning tax and tobacco taxes have already sky rocketed...
Racist tobacco and tanning taxes???... racist towards who???...

Old 09-30-2010, 04:54 PM

[quote=HC475;16097716]Irrefutable???... Raising your taxes???... Are you in the top 2%???...

Yes.

For those who are not in the "top 2%", thier taxes will also increase.

1. There has been a suggestion, but no legislation, to keep the Bush tax cuts in place for ANYBODY. The dems say they want to do this, but there is no action.

2. People who make less than $250K, yet have income from small buisness at this rate (with take home pay much less), will get an increase income tax.

3. Small buisness is scheduled for a tax increase as well as additional Obamacare taxes

4. Marriage penalty is returned. All tax payers, regardless of income, will be penalized.

5. Charitable deduction elimination. Many charitable deductions will be eliminated. This affects everyone, regardless of tax bracket.

6. Captial gains tax increase. This affects everyone, regardless of tax brakcet.

7. Obamacare 3.8% tax increase in 2011- whoopee! We have yet another Obama tax to wait for.

You cannot debate any of these taxes, as they are all set in motion. Can you show me a piece of legislation that has passed that keeps the Bush tax cuts in place for anyone? Of course you can't- it does not exist. Also, please refute any of the above taxes that are set to go into effect. You can't. As a good liberal, you just repeat the same jibberish, but cannot refute each point, as these points are facts.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Irrefutable???... Raising your taxes???... Are you in the top 2%???...

Quote:
Yes.
You're in the top 2% ???

Quote:
For those who are not in the "top 2%", thier taxes will also increase.

1. There has been a suggestion, but no legislation, to keep the Bush tax cuts in place for ANYBODY. The dems say they want to do this, but there is no action.

2. People who make less than $250K, yet have income from small buisness at this rate (with take home pay much less), will get an increase income tax.
Wrong... I already provided link... No one under 250k will pay more taxes...

Quote:
3. Small buisness is scheduled for a tax increase as well as additional Obamacare taxes.
Most "small" business wouldn't be affected... now you're flat out lying...

Quote:
4. Marriage penalty is returned. All tax payers, regardless of income, will be penalized.

5. Charitable deduction elimination. Many charitable deductions will be eliminated. This affects everyone, regardless of tax bracket.

6. Captial gains tax increase. This affects everyone, regardless of tax brakcet.

7. Obamacare 3.8% tax increase in 2011- whoopee! We have yet another Obama tax to wait for.

You cannot debate any of these taxes, as they are all set in motion. Can you show me a piece of legislation that has passed that keeps the Bush tax cuts in place for anyone? Of course you can't- it does not exist. Also, please refute any of the above taxes that are set to go into effect. You can't. As a good liberal, you just repeat the same jibberish, but cannot refute each point, as these points are facts.
Wrong... wrong... wrong...

I have provided links from reliable news sources already disproving these lies... and proving that taxes will only go up for the top 2%... are you in the top 2% ???

Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Racist tobacco and tanning taxes???... racist towards who???...
Racist: Tanning tax. There is only one small segment in society that actually goes to tanning salons. It's not Blacks, Asians, Indians or Men.

And.

Not racist: Smoking between whites and blacks are pretty much equal and Asians have a lower rate while American Indians have a higher rate.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Racist: Tanning tax. There is only one small segment in society that actually goes to tanning salons. It's not Blacks, Asians, Indians or Men.

And.

Not racist: Smoking between whites and blacks are pretty much equal and Asians have a lower rate while American Indians have a higher rate.
Tanning salon tax is called a "luxury" tax... hardly anything considered luxury would be considered racist...

Smoking affects everybody... racist???...

Old 09-30-2010, 05:25 PM

It's a tax on white women.

Smoking affects all smokers equally except in the cases of Asians where their rate is lower and American Indians where their rate is higher. 21% of the total population smokes.

Why do you have such a hard time understanding very simple and basic statistics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies