Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:13 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,956,127 times

Advertisements

"Fox News pushes "a point of view that I disagree with. It's a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world," Obama said....."

Obama: Fox News is ‘destructive’ to America – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-18-2010 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 03:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
As an American, Obama has a right to his opinion and freedom of speech to express his opinion.

Or is this against the laws dictated by Fox News?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,993,016 times
He's just stating the truth.

Anybody can go here for a detailed analysis using FOX's own broadcasts.

Obama is right: Fox News promoting "destructive" GOP agenda | Media Matters for America

Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,999,375 times
I think having a major infotainment outlet dedicated to getting one party in power is destructive.

Sharron Angle explains exactly how much money a Fox appearance makes her - War Room - Salon.com

"I’m going on Bill O’Reilly the 16th. They say, "Bill O’Reilly, you better watch out for that guy, he’s not necessarily a friendly" ... Doesn’t matter, his audience is friendly, and if I can get an opportunity to say that at least once on his show -- when I said it on Sean Hannity’s television show we made $40,000 before we even got out of the studio in New York."

Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,323,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As an American, Obama has a right to his opinion and freedom of speech to express his opinion.

Or is this against the laws dictated by Fox News?

As a person who is sitting in our WH he is suppose to have class and not try to bagger the TOP RATED channel on TV.

If they were at the bottom with CNN and NBC I could see that, but of course they have all the top shows and are at the top in rating by more then 4 to 1 to its nearest competitor.

What is destructive is his massive failures and mistakes. He need to take a look in the mirror to see the real problem in America today.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM

277 posts, read 167,009 times
It's not like it's a secret that fox news & it's minions have their own definition of patriotism & they're pretty effective at skewing reality to easily sway their followers. Sad really that people actually believe the hysteria they're being told to feel.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,993,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
As a person who is sitting in our WH he is suppose to have class and not try to bagger the TOP RATED channel on TV.

If they were at the bottom with CNN and NBC I could see that, but of course they have all the top shows and are at the top in rating by more then 4 to 1 to its nearest competitor.

What is destructive is his massive failures and mistakes. He need to take a look in the mirror to see the real problem in America today.
The thousand flies defense....because FOX has so many viewers that makes it right! Your argument in action...http://blogomanic.blogspot.com/2009/...lies-like.html

Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:

Did Obama commit blasphemy against Fox News?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,861,588 times
Obama doesn't like that fact that Fox News is destructive to his agenda and his presidency. He doesn't care about this country, Obama only cares about power and Obama.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:24 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,999,375 times
Quote:

Someone needs to check out this site:

TV Ratings, TV Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

The big four networks stil bring in bigger ratings than your favorite cable infotainment channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies