Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,868,832 times

Advertisements

You know, I've prepared fine meals at airports around the globe.... probably going on 2 decades now. Sometimes it takes a while to open that ketchup packet, though.

The Plum Line - Another Christine O'Donnell embellishment: She misleadingly claims she studied at Oxford

Rofl. Studied at Oxford. It's not a lie. It's just not what you were lead to believe it was.

Anyone else got a good spin story? Obama's job creation numbers come to mind. Or the unemployment ratio. You know that's a lie.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/busin...mentioned.html

Did you know that Dan Quayle is chairman of Cerberus Global Investments?
Amazing how that works, ain't it?

You invest in (gamble on) GMAC. It loses billions. You change it into a bank. You get bailed out. Easy enough.

On December 29, 2008, the United States Department of the Treasury invested $5 billion in GMAC from its $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).

As of May 15, 2009, GMAC's banking unit officially changed its name to Ally Bank.

On May 21, 2009, the U.S. Treasury announced it would invest an additional $7.5 billion in GMAC LLC which gave the U.S. government the majority stake.

On May 10, 2010, GMAC Inc announced that it re-branded itself as Ally Financial Inc.

Ally Financial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,819,468 times
70ford if I build a car it isn't with the intention to enable people to run each other over, but it doesn't let me off the hook for industrial waste I generate. I can clean up my act and keep on trucking. There is no government policy or government program that can be invented to solve all things or deliver 100% imperviousness to nefarious deeds. To a large extent this expectation of perfection in peoples minds needs to grow the hell up already.

Can we rationally weigh the good and the bad? Having a policy like endorsing freedom fighters, only to have our noses rubbed in it when taliban are using our military weapons & training to attack us. Look honestly at the big picture. Maybe Reagan/Bush did have good intentions somewhere but the way they went about it is where most find their disagreement. That criticism from his detractors could have been used IN SERVICE TO Reagans good intention, but instead, with tactics of for me or against me BS leadership pit the nation as us vs them. GOP declared war on America and they behave as terrorists in speech on the street and in deeds in DC.

People have to commit themselves to critical analysis and get away from these blanket convictions. How spin works... deny any other side of the story, focus your camera lens on what you mean people to see, and make sure it's message trojan horses into something they already believe is fact (which isn't necessarily fact) and you too can own a propaganda empire that can efficiently herd people to behave as you wish.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:12 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,868,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Health Care Reform Sux!

But it's all about the "hopey change"!

Have you had enough yet?!
It's all about 141 responses to a post that is not based on fact.
Just like almost every thread here.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2010/10/01/health-care-wrong-kind-reform/
The company said it couldn't afford the government's required 85% of revenue from premiums go to health-care coverage.
Gee, let's forward our agenda with a false statement

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39437549/ns/business-retail/
McDonald's officials called the report "completely false.".
Gee, let's say what's really up.

Gee , let's see if Fox news retracts the story,
http://www.foxnews.com/
No.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/index.html
No.

GMAC is screwed by the way. Shouldn't have rushed out all those forclosures, with someone who didn't even read them. No one will insure the title of their home loans, now. The machine has broken.

Know what happens if GMAC is screwed? Taxpayers get screwed. That's what happens. Someone's gotta back up this BANK that didn't used to be a BANK until it started LOSING A LOT OF MONEY.

In this memo they advised that they would no longer insure any property that had been foreclosed upon in the name of GMAC/Ally.
GMAC/ALLY and obtaining Title Insurance-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies