Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you react to heterosexuals who are anti-homosexual?
I usually agree with them 25 19.08%
I usually disagree with them 88 67.18%
I'm neutral on the subject 18 13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:07 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Let's pose this another way then. Much simpler: Heterosexuals can't control their sexual urges any better than homosexuals.

Fact: Heterosexuals are more likey to act in criminal ways sexually.

So, why the double standard?
Oh, yea, thats why all over the country there are hetero bars where a dozen or so people are in the toilet at all times having anal sex with someone whose name they don't even know.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Oh, yea, thats why all over the country there are hetero bars where a dozen or so people are in the toilet at all times having anal sex with someone whose name they don't even know.
News flash.....straight folks DO have anonymous sex in the johns of straight bars.......wish I had a dollar for every time I walked into something like that when I was bartending my way through college.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 10-06-2010 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: forgot to add pronoun....

Old 10-06-2010, 03:19 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
It's usually closeted men with girlfriends or wives who do those things.

I go to an a gym where 95% of the clientele are gay men. You might think that the bathrooms and showers would be very active, but they're not. This is because most of the guys who go to this gym are out of the closet. They have no need to fool around in inappropriate places because they have nothing to hide.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's usually closeted men with girlfriends or wives who do those things.

I go to an a gym where 95% of the clientele are gay men. You might think that the bathrooms and showers would be very active, but they're not. This is because most of the guys who go to this gym are out of the closet. They have no need to fool around in inappropriate places because they have nothing to hide.
Exactly......I used to go to a gay bar with some gay collegues, wasnt anything like that happening.
They usually wanted to come into the ladies room and talk about what I was wearing, and what rooms I was doing for what clients.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You are again deliberately obfuscating and twisting the subject.
I am NOT speaking of this;

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And you KNOW that.

I am speaking of the Civil Rights laws;

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see you didnt have a great deal to say about the marriage laws, why is that?
I'm sorry...I really don't follow you. What exactly is the link between this and homosexuality? You're making the jump from skin color to sexual preference. I just don't get it. Can you spell it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Let's pose this another way then. Much simpler: Heterosexuals can't control their sexual urges any better than homosexuals.

Fact: Heterosexuals are more likey to act in criminal ways sexually.

So, why the double standard?
Criminality wasn't the issue. You apparently STILL are unable to grasp that. My comparison was simply due to the fact that under your logic, we should change marriage law to allow anyone to marry whomever they're attracted to. That logic breaks down if carry it further.

Honestly...I've seen a lot of hand-wringing over the idea that under current law we are all equal. We all have the right to marry someone of the opposite gender, and the law is blind to attraction or love. If you want to change that and say we should be allowed to marry for love, are you prepared to guarantee ANYONE the opportunity to marry for love or attraction?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'm sorry...I really don't follow you. What exactly is the link between this and homosexuality? You're making the jump from skin color to sexual preference. I just don't get it. Can you spell it out?
Good grief, did you not have civics class or history in school?
This has nothing to do with sexual preference or the color of ones skin.
Its about basic civil rights, which should be denied to no one.
Whats fair for one group has to be fair for all.
I am talking about civil unions...I have posted about that ad nauseum, please go read the links, and educate yourself.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Quote:
If you want to change that and say we should be allowed to marry for love, are you prepared to guarantee ANYONE the opportunity to marry for love or attraction?
If it is consensual, non harmful (non incestuous) and non-criminal then why not?

Your church and any church of any denomination could refuse to provide the services if they chose to. That would be their freedom. I would have no problem at all with that.

I mean really, I'm thinking of my Aunt Gracie's church. The entire congregation would pass out if they performed/allowed a gay marriage. So, every church should be allowed to say yes or no to performing gay marriages.

But then why not allow other churches who welcome and accept gays in love to marry in their church, and allow it to be called marriage. I just don't see the harm in it, because it would not be imposing anything harmful onto anyone.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
What do you think of heterosexuals who often make anti-homosexual comments?
Freedom of speech, thats what I think, if not nobody would be able to be here talking about Politics and Controversies

Another point is would you really want someone to hold in how they feel or would you rather know?

Old 10-06-2010, 04:11 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,078 times
Quote:
Bottom line is that we all have the right to marry--the question is whom and how. You want to be able to marry people of the same gender---something none of us have. That's not "equal" right---that's "special" rights--as they apply to only a very small fringe minority.
And therefore, we do not all have the same right to marry.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
What do you think of heterosexuals who often make anti-homosexual comments?
Freedom of speech, thats what I think, if not nobody would be able to be here talking about Politics and Controversies
I agree, and that's why I said earlier that I welcome opposing views. I like to challenge them. Freedom of speech applies to everybody.

Quote:
Another point is would you really want someone to hold in how they feel or would you rather know?
Again, I'd rather know. Someone suggested earlier that if you don't want to hear the answers, you shouldn't ask the questions. I replied that I do want to hear that answers because I think it's important to expose people's views and air them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies