Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,945,113 times

Advertisements

How can so many men in one culture have such a hatred towards those they should absolutely cherish?

WTF

".......Ahmad Khan Butt allegedly was infuriated by his 20-year-old daughter Nosheen's refusal of an arranged marriage and by his wife's defense of her, ANSA reported Monday.

Butt and his 19-year-old son Umair allegedly joined forces to punish both wife and daughter, ANSA said, with Umair beating Nosheen with an iron bar and Butt stoning to death his 46-year-old wife Shahnaz Begum.

Nosheen was taken, comatose, to a Modena hospital......"

Pakistani man stones wife in Italy - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 12:04 AM

745 posts, read 1,285,870 times
And this is surprising? In a generation or two they'll stone you for talking bad about them.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:12 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,945,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
And this is surprising? In a generation or two they'll stone you for talking bad about them.
No worries, I'm male and hetero.

Now, if I liked wranglin' man-rump or was a loud obnoxious feminist, oy.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:17 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,986 times
Its pathetic how people behave within that religion. I'm not all too fond of Christianity either, but Christians are in no way on the same page as Muslims. I don't think we should let Muslims immigrate to The West until they get their act together and modernize. The drama of trying to integrate such a backwards people shouldn't have to be dealt with by society.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:57 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,106,248 times
Virtually no posts in this thread, but we have a 5 page thread about some Mormon guy who thinks gays can become straight. We are to blame, plain and simple.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:22 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
I am sorry and i will say it over and over again, In the name of Religion or what ever you prefer to call it, these Men, are animals, and you cannot change the way a animal thinks. And just what does a Mormon guy have to do, with a women being stoned to death by her ignorant, cruel, inhumane husband. This is such sick behavior, and what these people know, they will not change. This is what these people know, this is how they handle such problems, stoning a person to death, or beheading them, take your pick!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:35 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,307,778 times
I've called out Southerners for denying the rampant racism that still exists in their culture. Likewise, Muslims need to acknowledge they have a problem with regards to the widespread mysogyny that persists in their culture. And these attitudes are embraced by moderate Muslims too even if they don't react violently. It's these underlying attitudes that are the problem. Both Southerners and Muslims have their moderate populace that cover up the actions of their more backward populace and contribute to the problem.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:05 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I've called out Southerners for denying the rampant racism that still exists in their culture. Likewise, Muslims need to acknowledge they have a problem with regards to the widespread mysogyny that persists in their culture. And these attitudes are embraced by moderate Muslims too even if they don't react violently. It's these underlying attitudes that are the problem. Both Southerners and Muslims have their moderate populace that cover up the actions of their more backward populace and contribute to the problem.
Southerners are no where NEAR the scale of what Muslims are. My family is from Kentucky. Far left leaning liberals are the best way to describe my family. I have lived in or visited every major city throughout The South. To say southerns treat their wives similar to the way Muslims treat theirs is just not true. Check out Atlanta sometime. Its all the rave for feminists these days. The South is so much different that what is was in the past.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,243,400 times
Maybe he was upset over his last name?

Old 10-05-2010, 06:58 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,883,108 times
His wife must have made him do it...

Isn't that the excuse often given for Muslims acting violently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies