Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:23 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I want everyone to listen. And listen VERY carefully and closely.

As someone who goes to Dearborn 3-4 times a week for school and business reasons, I can tell you the Muslim invasion of Dearborn is NOT pretty. Women dressed in all black. They don't even have drivers licenses. They are just entitled to drive. Since the cops there are Arab too, the women who drive without licenses are let go. Sometimes they are so covered, they have little holes for eyes. How in the world do they SEE while they drive? I can recall more than one time when I have come close to getting hit by some Arab woman who was covered and couldn't see anything.

I am an Indian female so when I walk into gas stations or stores, they start talking to me in Arabic because they think I am one of them. I talk to them in English and they look at me surprised. They ask me "Didn't your parents teach you Arabic or the way we should live?" I LAUGH and I tell them I am Indian and not Islamic.

Or should I begin to tell you about the looks I get from some Arab men who dont like the fact that my hair is showing? Or the way they treat their women? I was at the mall and a PREGNANT Arab woman who was all covered was sitting down. She was probably around 6 to 7 months. She had another child who was sitting in her lap eating. Her husband comes. He demands she get up and he sat down in her seat. She picked up the child and stood there while her pig husband relaxed. First of all, if I was pregnant, I would NEVER let my husband behave like that.

Or should I go on about FBI raids? Dances on September 11th? How about the praising of Hasan and putting flowers in front of his picture while screaming like barbaric savages "ALLAH AKBAR?" How about their whining about the Koran burning while they don't care about other faiths? How about alllllllll the posts around university about how poor little Muslims aren't being accepted. I see signs of meeting and whatnot to discuss "islamophobia". How about their phobia of other faiths? Seriously. They serve Halal meat and they ban pork in schools. They DEMANDED my University put in special bathrooms for them so they can wash their feet before they pray.

I am young and even I can see the dangers. How can other people not? I know several users send me hate messages or rep points when I post things like this. But to those people I say, come on down. Come on down to Dearborn for a vacation. I wil be happy to show you around. And even me, I can get by due to my skin color being like them. But if you are white, oriental, or black and defending these loons I have no problem leaving you there and running away. Farrrrrrr away. Experience diversity to its fullest!
Hm...I am from Michigan and spent some time in Dearborn. Interesting your observations are so different from mine.

I rarely if ever see women in the full black garb. I do see some covered occasionally, but I also see quite a few not covered at all.

Also, Dearborn is filled with Lebanese, many of them Christian Lebanese. So they don't adhere to any of the muslim customs. It was actually the Christian Lebanese who arrived there first and have the higest populations. It is just more recent that the muslim side of the Middle East has also settled into the region.

I've also spent plenty of time in shopping malls around Metro Detroit...I regularly see very wealthy well-dressed, very fashionable Arabic-looking and certainly Middle Eastern women around everywhere....and head-turning for their good-looks, and rarely seeing the covered up and incidents that you are describing.

Maybe you you are in some very peculiar corner of Dearborn that I have never seen...actually I even snapped a photo of one arabic-looking women sporting around in a Corvette in Dearborn. The car looked cool, and later realized it was an Arabic woman (without the head dress at all) just sporting around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 03:53 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Hm...I am from Michigan and spent some time in Dearborn. Interesting your observations are so different from mine.

I rarely if ever see women in the full black garb. I do see some covered occasionally, but I also see quite a few not covered at all.

Also, Dearborn is filled with Lebanese, many of them Christian Lebanese. So they don't adhere to any of the muslim customs. It was actually the Christian Lebanese who arrived there first and have the higest populations. It is just more recent that the muslim side of the Middle East has also settled into the region.

I've also spent plenty of time in shopping malls around Metro Detroit...I regularly see very wealthy well-dressed, very fashionable Arabic-looking and certainly Middle Eastern women around everywhere....and head-turning for their good-looks, and rarely seeing the covered up and incidents that you are describing.

Maybe you you are in some very peculiar corner of Dearborn that I have never seen...actually I even snapped a photo of one arabic-looking women sporting around in a Corvette in Dearborn. The car looked cool, and later realized it was an Arabic woman (without the head dress at all) just sporting around.

I, like Theliberalvoice, also live a few miles from East Dearborn and over the years have had business dealings in East Dearborn and attended Henry Ford Community College. I even lived in an upper flat on Calhoun Street back in the early 1980s. My experience with these people mirrors that of Theliberalvoice.

Perhaps your experience was so different than ours because you don't know the difference between Muslim Arabs, Christian Arabs and Chaldeans. If you are in the northern suburbs, or anywhere outside East Dearborn for that matter, the "Arabic-looking" women are likely Chaldean.

The fact that you don't differentiate in your writings in any way between Dearborn, West Dearborn and East Dearborn and refer to the "shopping malls around Metro-Detroit" leads me to think you don't really understand the subtleties involved with the local demographics either. Here, Southland is as much a world away from Fairlane as Schaefer is from Orchard Lake.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:22 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Here. (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=1197520 - broken link)

Some things that hit me reading the article.
1 This is the smallest amount I've ever seen in a settlement for awrongful termination suit. Usually the payouts are much bigger. This guy should have gotten a better lawyer.

2 The Muslims are a Majority at that school. Wow. I knew things were bad in Dearbornistan but I didn't know they were a majority anywhere. They are doing enough damage in Belgium and France where they are still minorities. I would hate to be a non-Muslim in that school.

3 The lawsuit filed by the other two teachers was added as almost a footnote in the article. I would have liked to see more about that. It would go a long way to showing if there was a culture of discrimination against non-Muslims at the school.
I'm wondering why the principles faith, the coaches faith, the teachers faith, a volunteers faith, and the students faith have anything to do with education. Sounds like a whole lot of idiotic adults throwing kids under a bus for their faith based politics. I think they all deserve to be fired.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:00 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Ask yourselves,

what if in a majority Christian public school, a Muslim coach preached Islam and tried to convert Christian children.

Shouldn't that coach also be fired? Don't the parents of the Christian children also have a right to be angry?

Its the first amendment. Plain and simple. If you want to preach Christianity (or Islam) go to the appropriate parochial school. Keep it out of public schools.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:08 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Gee thanks for the article, Archie Bunker.
Sorry for possibly exposing you to an unplesant truth of what is happening in the country. You can put your head back in the ground and ignore it if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Where does it say the coach was "some distance away and not involved" ?
This blog quotes a story in the Detroit News (http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/SCHOOLS/805290380/1409/METRO - broken link) which is no longer available for free, according to the link. The blog is an atheist blog so it is in no way pro-coach. Even they admit tha the coach never heard the volunteer assistant preach or try to convert in his pressence.

Marszalek says he was aware for 10 years that Hancock's activities "might be a problem," but the clergyman never discussed religion with the athletes or students in his presence.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Then you wouldn't have signed the permission slip for the field trip like the parents in question did. Nobody took kids to a Mosque without permission
In the case of the field trip to the mosque, they never were supposed to have the children lead in prayer or be taught about Islam. The permission slip said the class was going there to study the artistic design of the mosque. Deception at its best.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:20 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Doesn't anyone else find it ironic that Dearborn was the base for Henry Ford, whose productions were partially responsible for our venturing into the Middle East in the first place, and now all those Middle Easterns are moving to Dearborn?

So you see, Simba, we are all connected in the Great Circle of Life...

Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
I live in the Metro Detroit area and am in agreement with TLV and Momonkey on Dearborn observations. There are entire neighborhoods nicknamed "little Beirut" and I've seen only street signs in Arabic (Farsi?). Yes, the public schools have removed pork and UM has special foot baths (I am a fellow Wolverine).

Tiger Beer, that hot woman in the Corvette may not have been Muslim...

Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm wondering why the principles faith, the coaches faith, the teachers faith, a volunteers faith, and the students faith have anything to do with education. Sounds like a whole lot of idiotic adults throwing kids under a bus for their faith based politics. I think they all deserve to be fired.
This right here.

If this was a public school, faith has no place, and there was no wrongful termination.

Pressing your faith upon a student when you are a representative of the school is easily grounds for firing.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm thinking about that poor child. I agree with you...fire all of 'em and start over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies