Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had to flee America, what other country or region would you feel safe residing in??
Europe 49 42.98%
Africa 1 0.88%
South America 8 7.02%
Asia 4 3.51%
Pacific Ilands 5 4.39%
Australia 32 28.07%
China 1 0.88%
Russia 0 0%
Mexico 8 7.02%
North Pole 6 5.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 08:47 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I'm curious...how many people have their passport...(don't have to answer)...just incase things break down socially in America...and you must flee...

And of those who do, or plan on getting one...where would you go?

What other nation would you feel comfortable living in until things stabalized in America?

Also...does, or would your ethnic heritage effect where you went?

In other words...if An American Asian, would you feel comfortable going to Asia?
If European American, would you feel comfortable going back to Europe or Canada or Russia?

And if African American...where would you flee to if you had to leave American, and why?
Would you go to Africa? South America? Europe the middle East or Asia...?

As a African American, what country, outside of the United States, would you feel most comfortable residing in, if you had to flee America??

Or how about Native American Indians...what other country, outside of your homeland, would you feel most comfortable living in??
Me and mine (and that is an awful lot of mine let me tell you) would go to the Philippines. We have discussed it several times recently, and everyone who did not already have a passport has gotten one within the last year. Yes, we are ready to bail if things should get to the point where there is no reason to remain any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 09:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
I can understand why Costa Rica is popular but it already is being overrun with Americans, I would think the natives would feel as though facing another "Manifest Destiny" land rush. Americans, considering official U.S. policy towards Central America in the past 4 decades, should not be popular anywhere in this part of the world. These people are way more tolerant than Americans, (as well as being tolerant of) and I find them to be like people from other parts of the world: Genuinely friendly and helpful. Always worth noting that Costa Rica does not feel the need for an Army. The country crawling with U.S. military bases, Colombia, is a no go zone in this part of the world. Where there are no U.S. bases you can find the most peace in Central and South America.

People can get along even if their governments hate each other (or, in this case, even if your government is occupied by people exhibiting criminally insane behavior in their decision making)

Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Me and mine (and that is an awful lot of mine let me tell you) would go to the Philippines. We have discussed it several times recently, and everyone who did not already have a passport has gotten one within the last year. Yes, we are ready to bail if things should get to the point where there is no reason to remain any longer.
Yes, I think everyone should have one...better to have, and not need, than to need and not have...

You just never know...a day could come where they put a moritorium on passports and stop issueing them...you just never know...

The world is constantly changing...the constitution was created by man, and therefore can be destroyed by man as well...

Nothing is perminant or concrete on this planet...a good strategy is to keep all options open...

Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Brasil

Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Neither can I. I've been reading through the thread, and I haven't seen any explanation of the event(s) or circumstance(s) that would compel Americans to leave the country.

Ah! That explains it!

And I kinda feel sorry for people with such a large measure of fear in their lives.

As for me, I've had a passport for years, but I cannot imagine living in any country other than the US of A.

I agree, would never want to leave this country and would not want to live anywhere else. It case of a catastrophe, however, just thinking of another best option... for me would probably be New Zealand or Australia.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
If I was going to flee and get away from US - I'd go to New Zealand.

Would love to go to the French countryside (my roots) on the Italian border, but by then the country would be in the same **** as the US.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:25 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I would never flee the country under ANY circumstances--I wouldn't even leave my state. But just as an exercise...

Either Canada (not offered) or Mexico would be best for me. I speak fluent Spanish, being a Florida resident and all.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:40 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Colombia, is a no go zone in this part of the world.
Actually Colombia has become a recently trendy retirement spot.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
I sometimes wonder how a westerner would make it in mainland china...
There are many of them, especially in Shanghai. Some of the expat bars almost seem like you're in the US or Europe.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:48 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
I'm curious...how many people have their passport...(don't have to answer)...just incase things break down socially in America...and you must flee...

And of those who do, or plan on getting one...where would you go?

What other nation would you feel comfortable living in until things stabalized in America?

Also...does, or would your ethnic heritage effect where you went?

In other words...if An American Asian, would you feel comfortable going to Asia?
If European American, would you feel comfortable going back to Europe or Canada or Russia?

And if African American...where would you flee to if you had to leave American, and why?
Would you go to Africa? South America? Europe the middle East or Asia...?

As a African American, what country, outside of the United States, would you feel most comfortable residing in, if you had to flee America??

Or how about Native American Indians...what other country, outside of your homeland, would you feel most comfortable living in??
I said the North Pole because it's going to be the place with the fewest people to deal with in a crisis situation.

But realistically, I'd go to Europe, I've already got a home there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies