Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

It's pretty clear why so many people hate the new governor, anyone like him shaking things up will likely tick off a lot of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder if you like it there any more than my old Army buddy does? He has lived all of his life in New Jersey except the three years in the Army. I think I would look for something else to do and somewhere else to live if it really is as bad as you guys say it is.

I love NJ! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. The corruption is maddening, but I secretly find it entertaining. There was a website some local citizen set up and when you entered it a sign pop up that said: Hoboken, where one third of our last three mayors have not been indicted!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I love NJ! I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. The corruption is maddening, but I secretly find it entertaining. There was a website some local citizen set up and when you entered it a sign pop up that said: Hoboken, where one third of our last three mayors have not been indicted!
Now that brought on the loudest laugh from me all day. Being the mayor in Hoboken must take lots of criminal behavior.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Our former mayor is currently a guest of the state so he kinda had to resign. Only kidding, he is a guest of the state but resigned shortly after getting indicted.
I remember when the Hoboken and Secaucus mayors resigned one after another, I then said to myself and to some people "when is suarez going to do the same?"

Good thing I didn't hold my breath.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It's pretty clear why so many people hate the new governor, anyone like him shaking things up will likely tick off a lot of people.

So true, so many people have their hands in the cookie jar, they get very upset with anybody who cuts them off.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Okay that just made me chuckle for a reason. I lived in Louisiana for a bit and well, we had our share there too!
The fact that Mayor Nagin got re-elected after he screwed things up so much during and following Katrina amazed me. I surely couldn't see how that happened. Well, I do think I understood.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
This seems to be par for the course with the Demorat party. I am sure they will try to turn it around as a 'right wing conspiracy' since they were caught. When does it end??
wrong...that's something a regresive would do, if these people really did that than its because that is how they win...you can call yourself anything and still be cunning and self-serving. it might show that they are too self-serving to be a good employee of the people....though i don't see anything "wrong" with planting a candidate that wins or competes with the opposing party. that is what freedom is all about...if regresives would rather vote for an inplant than for a moderate that can actually win in the general election, that is their choice in our two-party system... since one-party systems are soooo hated by your average American(C students), i dont know why.
btw: there are no "right-wing conspiracies"...there is just right-wing stupidity working together...and right-wing leaders using the right-wing stupidity for their own selfish reasons.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I remember when the Hoboken and Secaucus mayors resigned one after another, I then said to myself and to some people "when is suarez going to do the same?"

Good thing I didn't hold my breath.

44 people were arrested the same day based on recordings made by one guy. Charges ranged from bribary to selling organs. Only in NJ....

Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
So true, so many people have their hands in the cookie jar, they get very upset with anybody who cuts them off.
Exactly, labor unions like the NJ teachers union have their hands so deep in the cookie jar that they don't know how to do things without corruption, payoffs and endless lost money.

I expect a lot of the same type of people being ticked off all over the country when this new group of politicians hit offices all over the country and start to shake things up a bit. It won't be huge but at least it's a start.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
The morals, ethics and values are so lacking by so many in this country IMHO that if a day before election day a candidate would be shown on TV people with a machine gun, he/she would still get voted in.

OVERALL, VERY SAD SOCIETY WE LIVE IN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies