Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no its still a loss

doesnt matter if you are losing 1 million a month, or losing 1 a month....a loss is a loss
Until we go into the positive in a couple of months...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 08:25 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
So it is a loss, but it's not a loss, but it is a loss but it won't be a loss in a couple months but it is a loss that's not a loss until it's not a loss that is a loss?

You need help.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So it is a loss, but it's not a loss, but it is a loss but it won't be a loss in a couple months but it is a loss that's not a loss until it's not a loss that is a loss?

You need help.
In a couple of months we won't... no...

Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Yeah I do... because Medicare/Medicaid costs are out of control...
and just what is out of control

medicare/caid pay the doctors pennies in comparision to their worth

sorry but you cant have the government say this 100k proceedure should only cost 2k....people still have to get paid..equipment still has to be serviced

do you know the average hospital's electric bill is over 380,000 a month.....yep thats 4.5 milliona year just in electric costs, for the average hosipatal....there are over 10,000 hospitals in the usa

Old 10-12-2010, 08:29 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
yep and people like you (actaully other posters) were saying that at ther beginning of the year....its now October

Old 10-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yep and people like you (actaully other posters) were saying that at ther beginning of the year....its now October
Almost there...

Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
To a point, I agree. We DONT care about you. You weren't promised ANYTHING in this country, except: life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness. No one promised you life was going to be easy or a rose garden. If want a house, car, vacations, etc here is a novel idea: Work for it!!! You know, get a job and actually work.

Oh, but you have a job and just don't have the money for life's good things? And? So? That is my problem and/or fault? No, it's not. I work for my money, please allow me to keep it. So, no, I could care less about you; just like you cre less about me.

The world needs ditch diggers and not everyone can be a CEO of a company. Not everyone can be rich and well off. But you liberals want it that way.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
To a point, I agree. We DONT care about you. You weren't promised ANYTHING in this country, except: life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness. No one promised you life was going to be easy or a rose garden. If want a house, car, vacations, etc here is a novel idea: Work for it!!! You know, get a job and actually work.

Oh, but you have a job and just don't have the money for life's good things? And? So? That is my problem and/or fault? No, it's not. I work for my money, please allow me to keep it. So, no, I could care less about you; just like you cre less about me.

The world needs ditch diggers and not everyone can be a CEO of a company. Not everyone can be rich and well off. But you liberals want it that way.
How does one get rich?... Until the big Banks freeze your credit... and try to steal your house through foreclosure...

Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
So why bring up the spike in oil prices while the Dems were in control of congress...
because every major economic downturn has a trigger. the housing bubble didnt pop on its own, and neither did the dotcom bubble. in the case of the housing bubble, the spike in oil prices caused energy prices, food prices, etc to all go up. it got to the point where delivery companies were adding a fuel surcharge to their shipping prices. this forced people with already unaffordable mortgages to decide whether to buy food for the family, or pay the mortgage. usually those on the edge bought food, got their houses foreclosed on, and the economic collapse was on.

Quote:
Dems want absolute power?... why are the GOP fillibustering everything?... Health Care costs are way out of control...
you are right, health care costs are way out of control, but this has been building for years with government mandates forcing premium increases, the government cutting what they pay doctors for services provided under medicare and medicaid, as well as cutting what they pay hospitals, forcing them to charge private insurance companies more. this also causes higher premiums as well. more government taxes, more regulations, more required paperwork all conspire to increase health care costs. and this new health care reform law will only add to those costs, in fact it has already done that, and prices are going to go up in the near future with all the new taxes and regulations coming online in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
That's baloney, GOP is saying NO to EVERY healthcare plan that gives more rights to patients for access to healthcare. If GOP really wanted the least expensive health careplan for all then they would have said YES to Single Payer, or at least YES to Public Option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
This is a no-brainer. The quality of care will be BETTER with single payer. You will have access to any doctor you already have and any doctor not already on your corporate insurance network! It's a fact cutting out the middleman (corporate insurance) puts patients and medical providers in more accessible yet less expensive healthcare relationships . Lady shoppers caught on to this decades ago at the factory outlet malls ;-)
single payer and the public option is not a panacea to lower health care costs, in fact they only increase costs, and cut services. it has already happened in europe and canada, and everywhere else there is a single payer system. the government requires too much paperwork these days, as well as increasing regulations on the health care industry. all that does is increase costs, which increases prices.

the reason the republicans tried their best to block the health care reform law is because all it will do is increases costs, and it will not be deficits neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
the U.S. government will
Quote:
Doubtful...
Quote:
Medicare and Medicaid are under funded... that will change with the new Health Care Bill...
the US government will not provide high quality health care to anybody. in fact they will, and have already, cut services. even the states are feeling the budget pinch. for instance the state of arizona is cutting back on health care costs, and adding copays for doctors visits and prescription drugs. they are also cutting back on high end services in some areas, again because of costs.

Quote:
The bill wouldn't have been proposed if things were going to get "worse"...
the health care law was not designed to lower costs, obama even admitted that after it was passed, it was designed to increase government control over the people. health care costs are going to continue to rise substantially due to the increased regulations, and the increased taxes, and at some point the liberals are going to try to make the case that the only way to bring those costs under control is to go to a single payer system, and eliminate private health insurance companies altogether. this does not work, it hasnt worked everywhere it has been tried, and it will not work here.

Quote:
Job losses have gone down from 750,000 per month to 95,000 per month as of Sept. 2010... That's job creation...
Quote:
That job creation will show in the positive... Nice try...
nice try, but you lose again. right now there are an average of 450,000 new unemployment claims every month. we will not see job growth until that number gets below 350,000 each month. and by the way an increase in the jobs market is not going to happen in the next few months. in fact it likely wont happen until later nest year, and even then it will be a slow job recovery. and you still need a reading comprehension course.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:10 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
How does one get rich?... Until the big Banks freeze your credit... and try to steal your house through foreclosure...
Most millionaires in th US have worked and earned their money. They live very frugal lives, save, and don't spend outlandishly.

If your credit is being frozen, it's YOUR fault. If your house is in foreclosure, it's YOUR fault; not mine or a republican. The ONLY reason your house is being foreclosed on: YOU can't make your payments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies