Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times

Advertisements

How and why did this never make the light of day until now?

American Thinker Blog: Barbara Boxer, Code Pink's favorite Senator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 07:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Code Pink's leaders had just returned from Fallujah, Iraq, where 51 Americans had been killed and 560 wounded in the US Marines' heaviest urban combat since the Vietnam War. Code Pink delivered $600,000 in cash and supplies to the very insurgents the Marines had been fighting against - quite literally giving aid and comfort to America's enemies in a time of war. As noted in Islam Online, a diplomatic courtesy letter from Barbara Boxer helped make the trip possible.
Incredible.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/boxer-code-pink.jpg (broken link)
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:G3gwE9h-8VYJ:www.islamonline.net/English/News/2005-01/04/article05.shtml+%22Bereaved+US+Families+Share+Iraq is+Agonies+of+War%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us (broken link)

Looks like they tried to scrub the info, but thankfully Google cache has it.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
Thanks for posting. I had never even heard of this "Code Pink." They should have been tried for treason. And Boxer...nothing surprises me. Get her out!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,851,443 times
The ONLY reason this COMPLETE PACK OF LIES made the light of day is because it is a BLOG POST from someone on "big government" website. The MORON Jim Hoft who wrote the blog, which sanrene (I guess in an attempt to make it true by cutting and pasting this LIE) is a SERIAL LIAR, which can be verified by even the most cursory search of his writings.

UTTER FAIL on the part of the righties.

Seriously, how do you people ever expect to be taken seriously?

This has no more validity than if I were to find an obscure left wing poster on some site writing COMPLETE LIES and BS about you two.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
The ONLY reason this COMPLETE PACK OF LIES made the light of day is because it is a BLOG POST from someone on "big government" website. The MORON Jim Hoft who wrote the blog, which sanrene (I guess in an attempt to make it true by cutting and pasting this LIE) is a SERIAL LIAR, which can be verified by even the most cursory search of his writings.

UTTER FAIL on the part of the righties.

Seriously, how do you people ever expect to be taken seriously?

This has no more validity than if I were to find an obscure left wing poster on some site writing COMPLETE LIES and BS about you two.

Of course Islam online is in on it too. Very clever!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
How and why did this never make the light of day until now?

American Thinker Blog: Barbara Boxer, Code Pink's favorite Senator
News to you, I guess. Dark in there?

Do you have a link to the claim about the diplomatic letter? The Islam Online link goes to a 404 (at American Thinker, not Islam Online :think). Ohm never mind, this is okay. That was in 2004, I see, back when those human shield people were going there. Was the aid for the people of Fallujah?

The link American Thinker gives for "our beloved Barbara Boxer" is about her voting against John Bolton's confirmation.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
News to you, I guess. Dark in there?

Do you have a link to the claim about the diplomatic letter? The Islam Online link goes to a 404 (at American Thinker, not Islam Online :think).

The link American Thinker gives for "our beloved Barbara Boxer" is about her voting against John Bolton's confirmation.

For your reading pleasure.

Islam Online- News Section (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:G3gwE9h-8VYJ:www.islamonline.net/English/News/2005-01/04/article05.shtml+%22Bereaved+US+Families+Share+Iraq is+Agonies+of+War%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

[LEFT][SIZE=2]"They secured diplomatic courtesy letters from US Senators Barbara Boxer of California and Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Congressmen Dennis Kucinich of Ohio and Henry Waxman of California."[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Old 10-13-2010, 10:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
For your reading pleasure.

Islam Online- News Section (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:G3gwE9h-8VYJ:www.islamonline.net/English/News/2005-01/04/article05.shtml+%22Bereaved+US+Families+Share+Iraq is+Agonies+of+War%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

[LEFT][SIZE=2]"They secured diplomatic courtesy letters from US Senators Barbara Boxer of California and Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Congressmen Dennis Kucinich of Ohio and Henry Waxman of California."[/SIZE][/LEFT]
That's better than the link I found, which said Islam Online took the page down after the Am Thinker article was published. (Though, edit, maybe it did.)

"US$600,000 worth of humanitarian aid to the refugees of the war-torn city of Fallujah.... At least 2,000 Iraqis and 71 US soldiers were killed in a sweeping US raid into Fallujah in November, which displaced some 200,000 people and turned the city into a virtual ghost town."

Old 10-13-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That's better than the link I found, which said Islam Online took the page down after the Am Thinker article was published. (Though, edit, maybe it did.)

"US$600,000 worth of humanitarian aid to the refugees of the war-torn city of Fallujah.... At least 2,000 Iraqis and 71 US soldiers were killed in a sweeping US raid into Fallujah in November, which displaced some 200,000 people and turned the city into a virtual ghost town."

Yes I am not really suprised Islam online didn't say they brought suppies for terrorists.

Yes they did take it down, this was a cached copy.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:09 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I'm confused. The links in the OP state that money was raised to provide relief for displaced refugees, children, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies