Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,512,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Recently there's been a wave of threads mocking Christians who believe in creationism or intelligent design, utilizing the usual tactics of the leftist playbook, calling us dumb, ignorant, "against science", etc; yet according to all polls over 75% of Americans believe that a creator was involved in the formation of the earth. The irony is no one was there so it's faith either way. I happen to believe that it takes a lot more faith to believe that earth was created out of random coincidental happenstance as opposed to the hand of a brilliant creator. Leftists, why do you love evolution so much?
Believing that a creator was involved in the formation of the earth =/= believing that evolution did not take place after the earth was formed. Evolution is not a theory as to how the earth was created; it's a theory about how species evolved after the earth was created. The majority of Americans do believe in evolution.

I am a conservative but I do believe in evolution, so I will answer the question despite not being a "leftist." I don't "love evolution," but all the evidence points to it, so I believe in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,169,718 times
Quote:
Recently there's been a wave of threads mocking Christians who believe in creationism or intelligent design, utilizing the usual tactics of the leftist playbook, calling us dumb, ignorant, "against science", etc; yet according to all polls over 75% of Americans believe that a creator was involved in the formation of the earth. The irony is no one was there so it's faith either way. I happen to believe that it takes a lot more faith to believe that earth was created out of random coincidental happenstance as opposed to the hand of a brilliant creator. Leftists, why do you love evolution so much?
Accepting a theory is not the same as loving it. I would't say that I love science, but I do appreciate it and many of the benefits it brings us. So maybe I do love science.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,093,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Why do liberals do nothing but bash christians, yet talk about open mindedness and acceptance?
They think that people are too stupid to figure out that they are hypocrites.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:46 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,053,190 times
Quote:
Why do liberals do nothing but bash christians, yet talk about open mindedness and acceptance?
The OP did not start a thread about one controversy. She combined two. And not just two any old controversies, but the two most controversial subjects. Religion and politics. Although taboo at a cocktail party, if you are going to weave the two together this is the place to do it. Here you will receive the entire gambit of responses. Which is exactly what this was all about, a fishing thread.
Either one of these subjects is controversial enough on its own, just look at thread after thread on page after page of topics of either subject in this forum. And guess what? You just did it again.
I hope you catch whatever it is you are fishing for, without a doubt you will get some bites.
It is a drag (pun), but you will certainly hook (pun) some. Having multiple barbs (pun) will certainly increase your catch (pun).

Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,217,563 times
Quote:
You understand, bashing bigotry, hate and ignorance that are wrapped around religion isn't necessarily bashing religion itself. When someone says "the earth is only 6000 years old becuz the bible tells me so" when I stop laughing I'm not ridiculing their religion, I'm ridiculing their stupidity.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,975,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You understand, bashing bigotry, hate and ignorance that are wrapped around religion isn't necessarily bashing religion itself. When someone says "the earth is only 6000 years old becuz the bible tells me so" when I stop laughing I'm not ridiculing their religion, I'm ridiculing their stupidity.
I've never in my life met anyone who believed, let alone said, that. Have you? Honestly?

Old 07-17-2012, 12:19 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,217,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I've never in my life met anyone who believed, let alone said, that. Have you? Honestly?
Sure, Sarah palin is probably one. There are probably a few dozen on here. Heck, I think they asked a question at a GOP debate and everyone one on stage denied evolution. They have their own Wikipedia site somewhere.... Young Earth creationism

Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,354,132 times
Quote:
Spend some time in the religion folder.
Scary.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:38 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,288,674 times
Quote:
To me the polls simply indicate that most (believers in creation) are not too bright. I don't think anyone "loves" evolution, we just accept the fact that it is what has made us what we are.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,288,674 times
Quote:
I guess you don't get out much, but you don't have to...There are lots of young earth believers right here on City Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies