Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times

Advertisements

Obama to Highlight Benefits of Education-Expenses Tax Credit for College

by Hans Nichols - Oct 13, 2010 6:00 AM ET

"...Administration officials said the tax credit, which replaced the Hope Scholarship credit, is part of a White House effort to boost the U.S. education system and increase the number of students graduating from college. Obama has said raising the graduation rate is crucial to future U.S. economic growth...."

Obama to Highlight Benefits of Education-Expenses Tax Credit for College - Bloomberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
To do what when they graduate?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Ask the corporations that , the ones sending American jobs overseas AND hoarding their capital (all the while crying for bailouts and demanding permanent extensions to Bush tax cuts).

Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Ask the corporations that , the ones sending American jobs overseas AND hoarding their capital (all the while crying for bailouts and demanding permanent extensions to Bush tax cuts).
Hmm what has the present adminstration and the Dem led legislative body done to encourage investment here?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Wait a second.. Aspiesmom, arent you the very individual who just told me that cutting taxes = bad.. Now you are posting new threads celebrating such proposals?

Btw, we dont have a lack of individuals graduating college.. More pandering..

Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wait a second.. Aspiesmom, arent you the very individual who just told me that cutting taxes = bad.. Now you are posting new threads celebrating such proposals?

Btw, we dont have a lack of individuals graduating college.. More pandering..
Extending Bush tax cuts (for the wealthiest, who also reaped during bailouts)= evil

Tea Party against education expenses tax deduction, interesting

Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 AM

I see you like to assume while you post.
Quote:
Extending Bush tax cuts (for the wealthiest, who also reaped during bailouts)= evil
So says you, one who doesnt understand that the USA = United States, not Citizens..
Quote:
Tea Party against education expenses tax deduction, interesting
I'm not a tea partier, nor against "educational" expenses, I simply pointed out the hypocracy.. If anything, I'd prefer NO tax deductions with a lower tax rate.. but thats a different subject..

Old 10-13-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I see you like to assume while you post.

So says you, one who doesnt understand that the USA = United States, not Citizens..

I'm not a tea partier, nor against "educational" expenses, I simply pointed out the hypocracy.. If anything, I'd prefer NO tax deductions with a lower tax rate.. but thats a different subject..
Constitution of the United States of America is a document for the CITIZENS, this is basic Civics (not an assumption).
Constitution is NOT about a chunk of land, that would be a property deed (an entirely different legal instrument).

If you prefer NO tax deductions then you ARE indeed against educational expenses' tax deductions.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

Become unemployed democratic constituents.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Constitution of the United States of America is a document for the CITIZENS, this is basic Civics (not an assumption).
Wrong... its a document which says what the GOVERNMENT can not do.. It has NOTHING to do with citizens. This is basic 101.. Even Obama disagrees with you.

But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you, but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.

Again, find me ONE section of the Constitution which says the government is responsible for YOU or ANY citizen!!
Quote:
Constitution is NOT about a chunk of land, that would be a property deed (an entirely different legal instrument).
Your going into ridiculous land again.. The Constitution is about GOVERNMENT.. NOT PEOPLE.. No one suggested its about LAND..
Quote:
If you prefer NO tax deductions then you ARE indeed against educational expenses' tax deductions.
Dont support it thats for sure.. whats your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies