Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 05:22 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,623,631 times

Advertisements

Why is it that so many Americans that should know better, do not seem to understand what the first amendent means.

Sara Palin is one of the most guilty parties in this respect. She thinks that when you shoot off your mouth and get fired from your job over it you have been denied your 1st amendment rights.

The first amendment is between the citizen and the government. Not between any other parties at all.

According to Sara and many many political pundits, if I worked at Walmart but told people that they should shop at Big K because it's a better store then Walmart shouldn't be able to fire me for that. They would claim I have been denied my first amendment rights. LOL

That is their understanding of "Freedom of speech". What a bunch of complete morons. Have they ever read the US constitution? I really doubt it because even the plainest most easily understood parts of it are completely misunderstood by these people.

Politics has become so dumbed down that it's really painful to listen to these folks that don't have a clue about the law of the land.

Can you imagine electing a president that does not understand the very basics of the most important political document the country has?

When Sara was nominated for VP she seriously did not know the function of the VP of the United states of America. To me that is a very scary thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,165,154 times
Oh, let one of her employees speak in a manner not conducive to Ms. Palin and I am certain that she will grasp the limitations of 1st Amendment protections.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,896,450 times
Don't stop with the first. Most American have little understanding of the documents or their history. Palin as an example is pretty normal. but face it she isn't on the right side of the bell curve for IQ...

I guess we really don't have much expectations of our young when it comes to learning. Expect greatness and some will achieve it.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:08 AM

I have asked a few Americans to name the states that touch the Great Lakes. Not one so far has been able to get it correct. Can You???

Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,125,625 times
Not using a map, here's my shot at it...

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM

Ah ha Historian dude, well done.
How qabout this one. All the staters that touch the Mississippi river??
Bet I'll stump you on that one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies