Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:16 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times

Advertisements

I don't know who this guy is, but he's sure got his finger on the pulse of America.

OpEdNews - Article: Yes, Of Course They're Brownshirts. What The Hell Did You Expect?

(WARNING!) In the early going, there's some bad language. It soon disappears, though.

First, he goes after the right:

"American politics have been driven to a fever pitch, even though no one is talking about the real problems the country faces. The radical right has induced those problems with their kleptocratic policies. They have then demonized as un-American anyone who would dare offer even the most tepid (non-)solutions to those problems. They have captured control of the legislative and executive branches of government by means of purchasing politicians wholesale. Those politicians have, in turn, appointed justices to the federal bench, such that the regressives own that institution, as well. The Supreme Court has recently handed down decisions that set aflame even the tattered legal shreds once remaining between corporate money and government power. They are doing the same at the state level. The Court even ruled that judges receiving campaign contributions from litigants appearing before their bench did not need to recuse themselves from the case. In America today it's bought legislation, bought (non-)regulation, bought (non-)justice."....

Then, the Tea Partiers:

"Meanwhile, the plutocratic string-pullers have marshaled massive sums of money for purposes of organizing angry white seniors into an army of Know Nothings, about to send as scary a crop of folks to Washington as have been found since... Well, you know when."....

Next up...The People:

"Like decent Germans of the 1930s let alone progressive ones no doubt did, I have spent the better part of the last decade repeatedly wondering where the bottom of the barrel of stupidity, laziness, greed and criminality can be found amongst the tribe called the the American public."....

Don't worry. He has plenty to say about the Democrats and Obama too:

"This scenario is all possible, of course, because of the complete and utter failure in every sense of the word of the Democrats these last two years."...

"But instead of Roosevelt, we have this other guy. This Neville Chamberlain dude. I regret to say that I think history will show the crimes of Barack Obama to be of incalculable damage.

Most astonishingly, they persist even still. I've given up expecting the guy to ever grow a pair of balls. But how about just some basic sentient consciousness? You would think that after the last two years, and with the humiliating drubbing he's going to take on Tuesday, that he would at least awake enough to realize what is happening here. But no. This week I saw video clips of Obama, Joe Biden and Harry Reid, three walking corpses if ever there were such, talking about how hopeful they are that Republicans will grow more cooperative following this election. Say what?!?! Are these guys insane?!?! Are they on drugs?!?!"....

All I can say is, "WOW! Is this guy good, or what?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 07:02 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
It is good writing, but did you notice, he doesn't specify any of Obama's so-called "crimes." He gives specific examples about the corruption and stupidity of the right's leaders and current candidates and the ganglion cyst-brains supporting them, but when he's beating on Obama he just gives some blurry roundabout statements. Neville Chamberlain, well, that's an outsider's opinion. The only specific I see is "I knew it was over when he gave platitudes at the inaugural address."

I think Obama's single "crime" has been to not communicate with us exceedingly clearly about each thing being done and why, on a level that would get through even to the ganglion-brains. Transparency on every level. This is a mystery to me. It's easy to say shoulda woulda coulda, but he should have hired a really great press secretary at the beginning, and the PS and Obama himself should have lined up (e.g.) Fox on his side early on, and they should have spelled out every single last effort his admin was making, in every direction, how it was coming along, what was holding it up, what was achieved, and shown us maps and charts and so forth so that for instance we could see what jobs were being created where, why not as many as we need, etc.

Maybe he kind of does do this in those radio addresses but I have never listened to them and don't know of anyone who does, and I've never seen them transcribed anywhere.

That press secretary is the worst. No other way to put it. And it's such a crucial job.

Otherwise, I agree, a terrific writing style! I'll watch for his stuff.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
If everything is blamed on the radical right..where do the Democrats fit into this ?
They've had the majority in Congress since 2006. No bill can become law unless passed by Congress.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
The Supreme Court had no effect on how much money the unions and the American Bar Assoc gave in the previous election. He just doesn't like an even playing field.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If everything is blamed on the radical right..where do the Democrats fit into this ?
They've had the majority in Congress since 2006. No bill can become law unless passed by Congress.
What laws were passed since 2006 that sent us into this maelstrom?

Old 10-31-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The Supreme Court had no effect on how much money the unions and the American Bar Assoc gave in the previous election. He just doesn't like an even playing field.
?

As far as I see in the article the only mention of the Supreme Court is

"The Supreme Court has recently handed down decisions that set aflame even the tattered legal shreds once remaining between corporate money and government power. They are doing the same at the state level. The Court even ruled that judges receiving campaign contributions from litigants appearing before their bench did not need to recuse themselves from the case. In America today it's bought legislation, bought (non-)regulation, bought (non-)justice."

I don't understand what you're talking about.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:11 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What laws were passed since 2006 that sent us into this maelstrom?

Who was it that fought the reform of Fannie and Freddie? It was the Democrats. Who was it that refused to acknowledge the fact that a crisis was coming and they did so confidently to say the least, despite the warnings of experts? Barney and friends.

You guys are all Bush this, the left that, but you have no facts. You want to blame this on one person. But the facts dont hold up. The Republicans had their faults in all this, but it was the Democrats who failed even more so. Yet you and others refuse to acknowledge it because you're so obsessed with Bush and bashing those who arent liberal.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Who was it that fought the reform of Fannie and Freddie? It was the Democrats. Who was it that refused to acknowledge the fact that a crisis was coming and they did so confidently to say the least, despite the warnings of experts? Barney and friends.

You guys are all Bush this, the left that, but you have no facts. You want to blame this on one person. But the facts dont hold up. The Republicans had their faults in all this, but it was the Democrats who failed even more so. Yet you and others refuse to acknowledge it because you're so obsessed with Bush and bashing those who arent liberal.
I didn't bring Bush up, you did.

Are you talking about Congress rejecting his so-called reform package? Do you have the slightest clue why they rejected it? Or are you just reading the headlines at your favorite propaganda sources and going no further, like a good little virus propagator?

Old 10-31-2010, 12:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Democrats and Progressives never accept personal responsibility.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:17 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,331 times
I thought it was a very good article.

I don't mind him bashing Obama and the Democrats, because Obama and the Democrats earned it.
But any bashing of Bush or the Republicans, deserved or not?
Will set every yapping dog on this forum, howling in protest.

NO surprise there.

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies