Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times

Advertisements

...if they agree to not accept:

Social Security

State Disability Insurance

Medicare

Police involvement for nonfelony incidents

Paved roads

Free admission to National Forests

Food and Drug safety inspections

Animal control

Social Services

Standards for clean water.

The Gov'ment efforts to stop illegal immigration

Limits on who can build personal nuclear power plants

and stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 08:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Social Security

Medicare

Paved roads

Animal control

Social Services

and stuff.
Wow... you going to have to refund them with a HUGE check for all the money they already given to those projects... well, they are waiting for YOUR check... don't tell me that the check is in the mail... typical liberal, take the money and run... like a thief...

Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:

Social Security

Medicare

Paved roads

Animal control

Social Services

and stuff.
That's funny, now on a more serious note. Keep your vote, do whatever you want with it because nobody needs it.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:41 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Looking at your list all of the following should be handled on a local rather than federal level;

State disability insurance (state would be the clue there)

Police involvement for non-felony incidents (local rather than federal law enforcement)

Paved roads (aside from interstate highways)

Animal control (at a federal level?...get real)

Social services

Given that the federal government has opted to sue local government for choosing to enforce illegal immigration laws that they have willfully ignored an argument could be made that at this time local government should handle that as well.

The federal government was intended to work within very specific restrictions. It has a long history of overreaching it's restrictions and screwing up the bulk of what it (unlawfully) inserts itself in.

Federal government cannot and should not attempt to control local issues.

Was there an actual point to your post other than implying that in your opinion federal government should insert itself into local matters whether they have the Constitutional authority to do so or not?

Last edited by outbacknv; 11-02-2010 at 08:54 PM..

Old 11-02-2010, 08:47 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Quote:

Social Security

Medicare

Paved roads

Animal control

Social Services

and stuff.

Nah, they owe you and the rest of SANE America a refund for all of the services they've used up 'till today. Once they repay the American people, then maybe, just maybe we'll let them proceed w/ their wack-job crap.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Nah, they owe you and the rest of SANE America a refund for all of the services they've used up 'till today. Once they repay the American people, then maybe, just maybe we'll let them proceed w/ their wack-job crap.
I'll write you a check right AFTER you pay my portion of the national debt that goes towards all the BS spending that the Obama and his idiots have done in the last 2 years.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
More strawman arguments from the OP who doesnt understand the job of different levels of government..

Old 11-02-2010, 08:58 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'll write you a check right AFTER you pay my portion of the national debt that goes towards all the BS spending that the Obama and his idiots have done in the last 2 years.

LOL, sure no problem. Right after you pay back all the services that you used and tax endowed business' that you've used b/c you still have a job and health care and are not homeless and w/out, simply because of the spending that PRESIDENT Obama have done to rescue us from the abyss of the previous administration and the recklessness of those who supported them in the last 2 years.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
LOL, sure no problem. Right after you pay back all the services that you used and tax endowed business' that you've used b/c you still have a job and health care and are not homeless and w/out, simply because of the spending that PRESIDENT Obama have done to rescue us from the abyss of the previous administration and the recklessness of those who supported them in the last 2 years.
I have a job, am not homeless, and have health care because I work for a living and pay my own bills. Obama has done nothing to rescue me from anything.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Looking at your list all of the following should be handled on a local rather than federal level;
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
More strawman arguments from the OP who doesnt understand the job of different levels of government..
Two things.

I work for the gov'ment

I am a Republican.

Moderate. Meaning I can see both sides of an issue.

Do you think for a minute that the tea heads would stand for their local taxes jumping up to pay for said services on a state or local level? I hear tea heads grumble about paying local taxes to support schools, becuase thier grown kids don't need said said services.

Gads! they grumble about the Federal Government takeover of Medicare.

My point is to put up or shut up. Say no to Medicare and Social Security and I might respect their POV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies