Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times

Advertisements

To those of you crying because Meg Whitman didn't win...

Look how Meg solves problems. She throws money at them! Do you want her in office in California throwing our money at problems??!! Not me!!!!! I want a fiscal conservative in office and that's what we got with Jerry Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
I wanna know how he could run for office again after serving 2 terms and screwing up the state?

People are so stupid.

He didn't have a plan then, and he doesn't have a plan now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIlzYD4tk78

Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Better be careful. You must know why Republicans dare not even put a GOP sign on their front lawn or a sticker on their car? To admit being a Republican in California can cost a person loss of friends and employment. Or at least a bunch of dog poop all over their car door handle.
It has nothing to do with that. It is the fact that the immature liberals are destructive in their demand for conformity. They are too spoiled to accept that someone may disagree with them. It was not uncommon in the liberal wacko town in CA that I lived in to have them vandalize vehicles and other property because they had a sticker or sign that did not conform to their fascist ideal. People do need to be careful expressing their conservative opinions in California, at the rate the state is going... they may just start incarcerating them for simply disagreeing, that... or worse.

That is ok though, more and more rational people leave CA and when they are all gone, you will have to deal with your creation. It will be your responsibility and make no mistake, those of us who have left will do everything we can to stop the federal government from giving you handouts. We will see that you fully deal with the errors in your decisions. Good luck California, you will most certainly need it to survive.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are, if you are not qualified or experienced enough to run for governor/senator/rep, it is nice to know you cannot buy your way in.

Meg and Carly wanted to run California like a business, unfortunately the reality is, you cannot outsource your POOR, ELDERLY, and DISABLED Californians to China and India (like they did) in order to make the state profitable.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Are you still pissed about losing the World Series?
YOU NAILED IT BROTHER!

Texas is just a gross place to live, and visit. At least California is a fun place to visit.

TX can't win because they have their rich, greedy, old white guys and the Catholic Hispanic/Latinos who vote Bible before bank account.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD360 View Post
Guess he will take things back to the way they were 30 years ago when his opponent moved to California. They were so good she made a political ad about it.
But she wasn't truthful. That was dumb too considering Brown was governor around the time she referred to in the ad. Facts are that Meggie didn't come to California until 1997 from Cincinnati where she was working for Proctor and Gamble.

That little fabrication shot her in the foot. Meg's campaign manager should have verified her whereabouts before going forward on such a silly ad. Makes me wonder if someone on the inside of her campaign was trying to sabatoge her.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I wanna know how he could run for office again after serving 2 terms and screwing up the state? People are so stupid. He didn't have a plan then, and he doesn't have a plan now.
Not all people are stupid. The majority of his supporters weren't even born the first time he was in office. Not a bad idea. Wait until you've got a new crop of voters and then give it another go. Maybe he learned from his mistakes. One can only hope.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I wanna know how he could run for office again after serving 2 terms and screwing up the state?

People are so stupid.

He didn't have a plan then, and he doesn't have a plan now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIlzYD4tk78
Jerry Brown said something interesting about planning once: "The reason that everybody likes planning is that nobody has to do anything."

Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 AM

8 posts, read 4,224 times
Quote:
Better be careful. You must know why Republicans dare not even put a GOP sign on their front lawn or a sticker on their car? To admit being a Republican in California can cost a person loss of friends and employment. Or at least a bunch of dog poop all over their car door handle.
you are taking it a little too far, you are beginning to sound like a wacko, the race was close, so obviously alot of Republicans out in CA.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_ice_cream_cone View Post
you are taking it a little too far, you are beginning to sound like a wacko, the race was close, so obviously alot of Republicans out in CA.

I am related to at least 30 of them. One even lives in my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies