Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:47 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,044,615 times

Advertisements

This last election was pretty much the breaking point for me personally. The whole left right conservative democrat paradigm is stupid. How anyone can blame Obama for the mess we are in as a country or for that matter one President or one decade is just ignorant. When will we realize that the two party system has ruined and will continue to divide our country.

National debt as of right now $13.8 trillion

As a % of GNP:
2000 53%
2009 83%
2010 94.3%
2012 >100%

Another scary statistic..........

Since World War II, job growth has kept up with population growth, ranging from 10 to 20 percent per decade. The country was firmly convinced that it could continue to do so. In the last decade, the population grew by 25 million, but there were no new jobs, or at least no net job creation. But a minimum of 100,000 new jobs a month was needed just to serve those who wanted to enter the job market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 05:49 AM

How many people are out of work right now in America? How many young people are colleges pumping out every 6 months looking for jobs? It's crazy. How in the world is the US economy specifically unemployment EVER going to recover when you simply look at the staggering statistics? I mean how many college kids are graduating every semester with degrees and looking of work? Just that segment a lone is mind blowing.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
The point of overprodiucing college graduates is to drive the wages down and keep the kids paying college loans forever just as was done in factory labor by legal and illegal immigration.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 AM

465 posts, read 464,445 times
I totally agree with you. It's really frustrating seeing this endless left vs. right nonsense go on year after year. The politicians are herding us around and firing us up to divide us into seperate camps. And it's working.

The morons of the USA still fail to see through the smoke and mirrors. And they still battle it out like it's an NFL football game. This left vs. right battling will NEVER lead us anywhere good and it willnever end until people stop playing that game.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
I totally agree with you. It's really frustrating seeing this endless left vs. right nonsense go on year after year. The politicians are herding us around and firing us up to divide us into seperate camps. And it's working.

The morons of the USA still fail to see through the smoke and mirrors. And they still battle it out like it's an NFL football game. This left vs. right battling will NEVER lead us anywhere good and it willnever end until people stop playing that game.

You' know I think you are really on to something with the whole sports analogy. No where have I seen such an obsession with sports as in America. Yes europe has their fair share of soccer hooligans and sports fanatics but it's not nearly as ingrained in their national psyche as American sports are nor does it take such prominance in the overall culture in Europe or other countries. I mean I have coworkers and people that I know that can spout off the latest stats of every NFL or NBA player over the past 20 years. But you ask them how many Senators there are or what our national debt is and they look at you like you're from another planet.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:01 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,007,902 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you. It's really frustration seeing this endless left vs. right nonsense go on year after year. The politicians are herding us around and firing us up to divide us into seperate camps. And it's working.

I don't think it will help change by calling the rest of us "morons". This only contributes to the problem.

It's very easy to get on a forum and start complaining and name calling.

People will stop "playing that game" when there is a viable alternative. A revolution of sorts perhaps?

Please offer us "morons" the answer to the problem we see with the two party system and please educate us as to how we are going to "stop playing that game".

Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
I guess you can choose to remain ignorant of the fact that our federal government was never designed to be empowered with this much centralized control and was in fact set up for quite the opposite.
Checks and balances, two party system and all of that. Look it up sometime in between the teachings of Marx, Mao,Lenin et al.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 11-03-2010 at 06:13 AM..

Old 11-03-2010, 06:07 AM

465 posts, read 464,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
I don't think it will help change by calling the rest of us "morons". This only contributes to the problem.

It's very easy to get on a forum and start complaining and name calling.

People will stop "playing that game" when there is a viable alternative. A revolution of sorts perhaps?

Please offer us "morons" the answer to the problem we see with the two party system and please educate us as to how we are going to "stop playing that game".
People simply need to stop playing this Republcan vs. Democrat game and stop supporting both parties.

Be independent. And yes, I am definitely in favor of a peaceful revolution.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,963,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
You' know I think you are really on to something with the whole sports analogy. No where have I seen such an obsession with sports as in America. Yes europe has their fair share of soccer hooligans and sports fanatics but it's not nearly as ingrained in their national psyche as American sports are nor does it take such prominance in the overall culture in Europe or other countries. I mean I have coworkers and people that I know that can spout off the latest stats of every NFL or NBA player over the past 20 years. But you ask them how many Senators there are or what our national debt is and they look at you like you're from another planet.
Yeah but Baseball is so.....Beautiful!

Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,007,902 times
Quote:
People simply need to stop playing this Republcan vs. Democrat game and stop supporting both parties.

Be independent. And yes, I am definitely in favor of a peaceful revolution.

Yes, I can agree to stop supporting both parties but what is the alternative? When I looked at the ballot there was no alternative other than to write in "none of the above" but what does that prove? Unless we get over half of the voters to write in "none of the above" nothing is going to change.

I admit there is much to learn. What I'm clear on is how neither party offers what this voter is looking for. However, knowing that I still do not see a viable alternative.

What is the solution? Frame it in the context of a football game? Get NFL stars to run for office?

Yes, be Independent is an answer but where are the Independent candidates? Personally, I'm not all crazy about the teaparty. Are we going to to need lots and lots of money to purchase one or is the "peaceful revolution" going to start from the grass roots? Is there a way to bring honesty, and integrity back to Washington to make Washington accountable to the people, for the people again??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies