Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Massive spending cuts... Pulling out of Afghanistan for good would help...
No mention whatsoever in that article how this will be paid for..none.
All I can guess is "emergency spending" that they've been tacking on to the other spending bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No mention whatsoever in that article how this will be paid for..none.
All I can guess is "emergency spending" that they've been tacking on to the other spending bills.
Well... the elite 2% got their tax cuts extended so what are they complaining about now?...

Old 12-06-2010, 06:42 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hello everyone,

it wasnt trolling or a 'ridicules uninformative posts' it was actual information from my own experience

if you havent found a job in 2 years then there is definatly something wrong with your resume' , either you are missing some education or you didnt express your experience the correct way, or you are limiting yourself on the wage or distance to go to work

I retired in 05, got another job right away, that job lasted about 3 years and in the end of 08 the company went out of business.

I am willing to help people with thier resume' if anyone wants the help

there are lots of education opertunities out there,,and lots of jobs available
what planet are living on? seriously? where is your inside line on all these jobs? tell us. because us poor, lazy, ignorant unemployed could sure use the advice.

i think your and many others obviously WILLFUL ignorance on this issue is a defense mechanism. you are sort of acting like a chick who looks at the rape victim and says, "she shouldn't have worn that red dress, she was asking for it". ergo, it makes you feel betetr because if you can call it a character flaw, blame it on the victim's behavior etc it gives you a sense of control and the false belief that the same thing CANT HAPPEN TO YOU. because you weren't wearing "the red dress" so to speak. this supposition is based on, like i said, willful ignorance and blindness to all the evidence to the contrary. because if you admitted that maybe there IS a problem with jobs in this country, then you would probably start shaking in your boots. i promise you brother, it can happen to you, and pray that it doesnt, because your perspective would change BUT quick.

and please, don't give me a comparison about how quickly you found a job in 2005 and acting like that is a worthy example. you might as well have been talking about 1955. get your facts straight, at least, and don't insult our intelligence from your Home Planet of ManyJobs. again, let us know what galaxy that is.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
I have never said anyone out of work was lazy

what I have said is that your resume' not only has to accuratly reflect your experience and education, but also has to be able to SELL YOURSELF to that prospective employeer...its like going to a interview,,you arent going to go down in torn jeans are you

??

I have moved across the country for a job. you have to be willing to give all, to recieve all

Old 12-06-2010, 07:00 PM

21 posts, read 24,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
It's 13 months of UI extensions not 13 weeks...
This just happened today, Are you positive about that? Why then are democrats up in arms about the compromise Obama made with the republicans today and saying they are not going to let it pass in the senate?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:12 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
If, after 12 months you cannot land a job or provide some kind of sustainable income for yourself, you need to be pushed into welfare. Let alone 3 years. My gosh, what has this country come to.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt V. View Post
This just happened today, Are you positive about that? Why then are democrats up in arms about the compromise Obama made with the republicans today and saying they are not going to let it pass in the senate?
It still needs to pass through Congress before it's a "done deal", we know that.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
If, after 12 months you cannot land a job or provide some kind of sustainable income for yourself, you need to be pushed into welfare. Let alone 3 years. My gosh, what has this country come to.
Once again - it's NOT 3 years. It only extends the deadlines for the CURRENT Tiers - Oh, and btw, where do you think the money comes from to fund "welfare"?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hello everyone,

it wasnt trolling or a 'ridicules uninformative posts' it was actual information from my own experience

if you havent found a job in 2 years then there is definatly something wrong with your resume' , either you are missing some education or you didnt express your experience the correct way, or you are limiting yourself on the wage or distance to go to work

I retired in 05, got another job right away, that job lasted about 3 years and in the end of 08 the company went out of business.

I am willing to help people with thier resume' if anyone wants the help

there are lots of education opertunities out there,,and lots of jobs available
Sir thank you for the offer. I cannot afford to pay a professional to help me write a resume. I never had a problem with it in the past, but I am now. I would appreciate a second pair of eyes looking at my resume and thoughts on how to improve it to have that edge to be able to get an entry level job in a completely different field. Why not, you offered I will take you up on it. It can't hurt my chances. Thank you, any suggestions on how I can get in touch with you, without divulging info on this forum for people to inundate my inbox.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It still needs to pass through Congress before it's a "done deal", we know that.
Did i reference anything to you people to make you look like a dullard that didn't know it has to pass through the senate and then the house? Why a smart'a remark? I simply asked for clarification, and then asked his opinion as to why the democrats are threatening to not pass this if it is 13 months of extended benefits? Which after some extra reading over the last hour I do see it is 13 months. To me, this deal is fair. I would have liked to have seen a tier 5 along with this 13 months of EUC, but that's why it's a compromise I guess. I really do feel bad for the 99ers that aren't included in this.
In my readings I didn't see anything about extending EB to states that cut it off with this either. I am assuming it is under the same regulation that if that states unemployment rate drops below a certain amount then they discontinue it. Is this a correct assumption? Also, what if the unemployment rate rises above that threshold just as our national numbers did last week, would that reinstate EB in such a state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies