Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 08:39 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times

Advertisements

Patrick wins and MA stays strongly blue

Patrick wins and MA stays strongly blue - Boston City Buzz | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 08:41 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,726,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No. I was only a means to get the eventual majority for the GOP in the Senate and replace Harry Reid as leader.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:43 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Silly supposition by the OP. MA and CA are too far gone to the entitlement society. All hope is lost for them. Brown isn't a conservative other than being slightly to the right of any dead Kennedy. Pretty pathetic if one can only hold up MA and CA as "victories". They are cancers to be contained and managed, nothing more. Keep grasping for those straws. I know the hopey, changey thing hasn't worked out too well for you libs. .

Old 11-04-2010, 08:46 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Silly supposition by the OP. MA and CA are too far gone to the entitlement society. All hope is lost for them. Brown isn't a conservative other than being slightly to the right of any dead Kennedy. Pretty pathetic if one can only hold up MA and CA as "victories". They are cancers to be contained and managed, nothing more. Keep grasping for those straws. I know the hopey, changey thing hasn't worked out too well for you libs. .
That's not what conservative pundits, "tea people" and neo-cons on this forum were saying when Brown got elected. In fact, they were saying the extra same thing the OP said.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-04-2010 at 09:08 AM..

Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I'm afraid that those on the right are in for a rude awakening...and if you think that for one minute we are going to let you forget any moment that a promise made to you is not kept by the lying corrupt GOP, you are sadly mistaken. Indiana just voted a revolving door corrupt self serving lobbyist back into the Senate. That bodes well in your world? Good luck! We on the left, are actually going to enjoy the show...might as well get something out of this fiasco that you think is government for the people.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:
I do not recall anyone making such a claim. Massachusetts is what it is and to expect such a radical deviation would be silly.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,560 times
Quote:
I'm afraid that those on the right are in for a rude awakening...and if you think that for one minute we are going to let you forget any moment that a promise made to you is not kept by the lying corrupt GOP, you are sadly mistaken. Indiana just voted a revolving door corrupt self serving lobbyist back into the Senate. That bodes well in your world? Good luck! We on the left, are actually going to enjoy the show...might as well get something out of this fiasco that you think is government for the people.
By all means, keep track of promises made and broken by the GOP. Because I feel sure that the newly awakened populace will do the same, and will take to task those that don't hold up their end. Too bad you won't do the same for the lying corrupt Dems...or were all of Obama's lies justified (earmarks, transparency, lobbyists, etc)?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Of course you are going to enjoy the "show", well, until you don't. Your agenda is the destruction of the Republic. Ours is to keep yours from happening. Pretty simple when you boil it down.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
SWcottt was not about the GOP really at all but about what is happening within the democratic party since obama and liberals took over control. Anyone watchig the fight before the last election i the committee saw that. its a fight of the clinton center and the obama left. Lookig at htis elction and clinton is is evident who is satrting to win back in the fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies