Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:00 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,143,260 times

Advertisements

now that the tea partiers are elected with a mandate to cut government expenses to 1980's levels I guess we'd better get with it. To do that we must immediately get rid of all airport inspections, cut the military by 60%, get rid of the no bid private security from our miliary and our embassies, cut the spending for foriegn intelligence that just caught a bomb plot on cargo planes by 90%, cut border security by 95% and get rid of budgets for afganistan, iraq and guantamino...

glad I no longer fly commercial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,540,020 times
I'd say start with government welfare programs

By first giving everyone that collects a check
a drug test

Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,839,444 times
They wont. The republicans and tea party were had. All the right are going to do is continue to give tax breaks to their big business cronies and try to take out obama. They have no intentions on fixing the economy, jobs or anything else.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,659,987 times
Obama's Deficit Commission is due to put out a report this month or next on recommended austerity measures. Nothing is shielded in this report of recommendations..every entitlement program is on the table here.

http://www.webcpa.com/news/Deficit-C...m-56114-1.html

Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,227,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

a drug test
People on Social Security and Medicare are loaded with drugs.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,227,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama's Deficit Commission is due to put out a report this month or next on recommended austerity measures. Nothing is shielded in this report of recommendations..every entitlement program is on the table here.

Deficit Commission Weighs Tax Reform
Here's where we are now...

2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,333,762 times
Quote:

a drug test
Sure, feel free but you'll only get about $100 million, $200 million if you're really lucky. Now only $1.1999 trillion left to go so what do you cut?

Also several states have indeed made random drug testing part of their assistance programs but they didn't catch many people and they found the cost of the testing was far higher then any amount saved. I'm afraid that's one of those feel good "the people are mad" ideas which, as usual, turns out to be a money loser.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:19 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,333,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They wont. The republicans and tea party were had. All the right are going to do is continue to give tax breaks to their big business cronies and try to take out obama. They have no intentions on fixing the economy, jobs or anything else.
Listening to what the Republicans are saying I have to agree. That's really all they will do and instead they'll waste their time and the public's money with a bunch of useless and pointless "investigations" of Obama for nothing in particular and certainly nothing of substance.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,659,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Listening to what the Republicans are saying I have to agree. That's really all they will do and instead they'll waste their time and the public's money with a bunch of useless and pointless "investigations" of Obama for nothing in particular and certainly nothing of substance.
We'll have to see if it becomes bigger than that big "Steroids in Baseball" set of hearings. What a waste of our money..Congress had to get involved with steroid use in baseball ??

Old 11-05-2010, 02:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,294,796 times
Quote:

a drug test
...typical repub response. LMAO..."government welfare programs." What a joke.

Sorry sir...there aint no more money to be trimmed from that that would make a dent in our budget. Get a clue. It's called Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Defense...talking about spending cuts without mentioning any HUGE cuts in those programs along with a huge tax hike means that you can't be taken serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies