Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:00 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, you're saying Obama's parents lied about his religion? What else have they lied about in regards to Obama?
What someone has written down on paper does not make their religious belief. For example, my Russian documents list me as an Easter Orthodox Christian, but I think the Bible is a load of BS. Not to mention he was six at the time. What six-year-old has their beliefs about the world around them set in stone? What are the chances that the school officials even actually asked Obama what his religion was before writing him down as Muslim? Most schools just put down the same religion for the child as the parents, but children don't always follow in their parents footsteps.

The point is that what a piece of paper said about Obama when he was 6 is completely invalid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 08:00 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Do you have even one iota of cognitive ability? I'm saying the question isn't even relevant.
You're saying lying on Obama's official records isn't relevant? Interesting...

Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What someone has written down on paper does not make their religious belief. For example, my Russian documents list me as an Easter Orthodox Christian, but I think the Bible is a load of BS. Not to mention he was six at the time. What six-year-old has their beliefs about the world around them set in stone?
Then why would he bother to lie about it to the American public? Where is his discussion of his school records indicating he's Muslim?

Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Then why would he bother to lie about it to the American public? Where is his discussion of his school records indicating he's Muslim?
How is he lying about it? How is it even relevant? Like I said, what a document said when he was a child has no bearing on his religious beliefs cause it was not done in regards to what he said he was, it was just written down based on his parents' beliefs.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I prefer to call him a communist/marxist Black muslim illegal alien Kenyan.
I wish I could call some posters some things that they really are but are to coward to admit. But I see right through you B123. What was it, didn't make a team, someone steal your girl friend. What a joke.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
How is he lying about it?
He never discussed the discrepancy in what he has told the American public about himself and what is indicated on his official records.

Quote:
How is it even relevant?
It is an official record.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
He never discussed the discrepancy in what he has told the American public about himself and what is indicated on his official records.

It is an official record.
So? It has no bearing on his actual religious beliefs. 6 year olds aren't Muslims or Christians, they're still figuring out what they believe about the world.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Considering that most six-year-olds don't register themselves for school or choose their own religion, this question is idiotic......sort of like the birthers themselves.
Not to mention the fact that since his parent(s) selected his religion what does that tell you about the influence in his thinking and exposure during those early and very informative time of life when so much of a youngster's foundation is cemented?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
So? It has no bearing on his actual religious beliefs. 6 year olds aren't Muslims or Christians, they're still figuring out what they believe about the world.
Interesting then that an Indonesian school record would list a student's religion. Apparently, in that culture, of which Obama took part in, it's important.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Interesting then that an Indonesian school record would list a student's religion. Apparently, in that culture, of which Obama took part in, it's important.
"Took part in", LOL! He lived there, with his mother and step-father, for four years, from ages 6-10. That hardly means he "took part in" Indonesian culture. I believe the school he went to was a religious school. It would not be unusual here in the US for a religious school to ask one's religion. In fact, my kids went to religious colleges and they were asked their religious preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies