Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:15 PM

113 posts, read 109,080 times

Advertisements

I seen some figures a little while back that were very peculiar. They said that The overall aproval rating for obama is 42% but within the african american community it was 90% Why do you think this is?

Hmmm . . . . .
Could it be b/c the only criteria they hold him to is the color of his skin? What are your thoughts?

PLEASE NOTE: I didnt start this thread to debate, discuss, or talk about how well Obama is doing as president. Please start your own thread if you want to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 05:20 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,635,743 times
Wellllllllllllll............. it could possibly be that they like his paternalistic policies, after all. Perhaps they are the most venal voters in the entire world.

Or they could just be racists. It's one or the other, with those percentages.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:22 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,216,424 times
According to Gallup Obama's approval rating is 46%. Reagan's approval rating at the same
amount of time in office was 42%...just for comparison purposes.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:23 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,550,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo2929 View Post
I seen some figures a little while back that were very peculiar. They said that The overall aproval rating for obama is 42% but within the african american community it was 90% Why do you think this is?

Hmmm . . . . .
Could it be b/c the only criteria they hold him to is the color of his skin? What are your thoughts?

PLEASE NOTE: I didnt start this thread to debate, discuss, or talk about how well Obama is doing as president. Please start your own thread if you want to do that.

First, provide the link where a valid poll was conducted among blacks, where the results were that high? How would we know the mindset of anyone in the U.S who respond to these polls, I'm not aware of anyone that can read someone's mind.
Lastly, if you didn't want to have an inteligent conversation concerning what others feel about the President, it leaves me to "assume" that this is another daily "Black" bashing race baiting thread...

Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,041,603 times
While I strongly disagree with everything Obamy stands for. I will say this.

Bush said last night & I agree with him 100%. Approval ratings are meaningless.

During 9/11 Bush had an approval rating across the board of over 90%. When he left office it plummeted to 30%.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM

5,291 posts, read 6,238,275 times
For the same reason Bush always did better among Evangelical Christians and Clinton did well with suburban baby-boomers. And why Romney won the Nevada Caucus in 2008. We cannot break free of identity politics.

I actually had someone last week tell me that Boehner will be successful because he was one of 11 and grew up in a working class home.... No mention of qualifications/specific skills/knowledge, they simply liked his background.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:29 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,216,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
First, provide the link where a valid poll was conducted among blacks, where the results were that high? How would we know the mindset of anyone in the U.S who respond to these polls, I'm not aware of anyone that can read someone's mind.
Lastly, if you didn't want to have an inteligent conversation concerning what others feel about the President, it leaves me to "assume" that this is another daily "Black" bashing race baiting thread...
That was my impression as well.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:32 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,041,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
According to Gallup Obama's approval rating is 46%. Reagan's approval rating at the same
amount of time in office was 42%...just for comparison purposes.
Why does everyone always compare current presidents to Reagan?

They were completely different times back then. We were fighting a cold war with Russia & the mullet was in style.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:42 PM

113 posts, read 109,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If thats how you choose to look at it, thats your perogitive

Old 11-09-2010, 05:44 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,550,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo2929 View Post
If thats how you choose to look at it, thats your perogitive

Well, is there a link to back up your assertion that 90% Blacks approve of the President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies