Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Geraldo? Isn't that the guy who was big back in the 80's?
We all remember how well Al Capone's vault went over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oleUvvjeOh4

I'll take MIT's explanation. I know, makes me a dumb ass but just saying.

Why Did the World Trade Center Collapse? Science, Engineering, and Speculation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

You guys crack me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
It wouldn't have taken tens of thousands of people... Obviously the charges were set beforehand... A crew of 20 guys or so... perhaps as recently as the previous weekend... Where would those people be?... Were they in the buildings when they collapsed?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
"Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead."

-Benjamin Franklin

"The simplest explanation is the most likly to be the correct one"

-William of Ockham (paraphrased)
I would say 10 floors per each crew member would set the charges... About 20-22 crew members would be all it would take to do the job...

Old 11-29-2010, 11:15 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes, if it was a FFM, then someone would have come forward..it would take 10's oft thousands of people to accomplish the mission,,and 10's of thousands (especcially FDNY, and NYPD) would have to be paid off to keep silent
This is one of the many nonsensical arguments that make me laugh. "Do you know how many "Ten's of Thousands" it would take to pull off something like this?" Well, according to you and the United States government, it only took one dude hiding in a cave in Afghanistan, and 19 angry Muslim followers with NO OTHER ASSISTANCE !!! So doesn't that seem a little bit contradictory?

Additionally, I have no idea why you believe NYPD and NYFD would have to be in on anything ... given the numbers of those who died trying to rescue people.

To be clear ... there are a lot of them that feel the truth isn't being told to them either.

Quote:
and yes there would be evedence of caps, and cord, and transmitters, and merc switches, etc
Given the Thousands of Tons of concrete that was pulverized into Talcum powder, and the fact that ... according to you the Plane and two 10 Ton engines vaporized, why would wire and switches survive?

Quote:
yet no-one has found any such evidence or come forward
Well now ... that just isn't true AT ALL .... incendiary/explosive material has been found, tested and verified in the dust samples ... very complex, non-naturally occurring NANO thermitic material that is extremely difficult to produce, and not something Arabs could cook up in their garages or caves of Afghanistan. And it is not just Prof. Steven Jones who has analyzed this stuff either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNQq...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23n0V...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOj1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzEMm...eature=related

So, as you can clearly see ... incontrovertible evidence HAS BEEN FOUND ... so your claim that there is no evidence is simply false. This nano thermite material ... different from regular thermite which is purely an incendiary, can be used as either an incendiary or explosives or both.

This material cannot be "created" as a byproduct of the elements being combined during the collapse ... these are nano-particles, extremely hi-tech and not something that can be cooked up by the average chemist or physicist. It takes sophisticated technology and expertise to create a nano sized substrate with nano components of themitic material embedded on either side of that substrate. It is clearly a manufactured substance from a hi-technology, likely military source, and no plausible explanation as to why it would be found in the remains unless it was used in the destruction of these buildings.

Furthermore, the amount of this material needed to accomplish the task would be considerable, and not something a couple of Al Qaeda operatives could have snuck into the buildings covertly.

This means that it would require assistance from those in charge of security for these buildings be "in on it" or that they were lax in security while that material was brought in under the guise of other work being performed, such as the communications upgrades that occurred earlier in 2001, or the fireproofing upgrades done before that.

This material is being characterized as not just the smoking gun ... but the loaded gun, because the material is still active and can be ignited.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,822,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
NANO...nano-particles...nano...nano
I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I would say 10 floors per each crew member would set the charges... About 20-22 crew members would be all it would take to do the job...
With box cutters ..... and satellite phones to receive instructions from an Al Qaeda demolition expert hiding in the caves of Afghanistan.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
I don't think that word means what you think it does.
Instead of MIS-QUOTING me .... why don't you explain what "nano" means, wise guy?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:31 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

Given the Thousands of Tons of concrete that was pulverized into Talcum powder, and the fact that ... according to you the Plane and two 10 Ton engines vaporized, why would wire and switches survive?
If the wallet of one of the passengers survived intact, anything can survive, possibly, even the truth.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I would say 10 floors per each crew member would set the charges...
I would say you've never handled a live explosive in your life.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
You can "say" whatever you want. Your saying it doesn't make it true, or even slightly believable.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
It wouldn't have taken tens of thousands of people... Obviously the charges were set beforehand... A crew of 20 guys or so... perhaps as recently as the previous weekend... Where would those people be?... Were they in the buildings when they collapsed?...
it would take hundread of guys , months (possibly more than a year) to wire just one of the towers. yet you think they could do 3 in one weekend

your credibility is nill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies