Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:05 AM

63 posts, read 37,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Right because verbal feces are unacceptable, unless you're throwing them to the left
Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
So let's see, we've got three really deep responses defending 'Bush bashing'

DesertDetroiter says:
Dude...really? I mean, Seriously?

Boompa says:
Looks like you are the only one

and SLCPunk says:
He had the lowest approval rating for a reason...

That is part of the problem -- too many folks have become 'sound byte' junkies that mindlessly repeat whatever sounds popular at the moment, with little or no regard for character assasination of decent, honorable people or anything that can't be contained in a 10-second text-message or twitter.
That is because they haven't reached maturity yet.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:52 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times
Quote:
President GW Bush was elected twice by the majority of the American people to represent the United States of America -- He is a decent, honest individual ... who doesn't seem to meet elite liberal standards of 'intelligence, sophistication and ... whatever else' -- Yet, where do their qulifications lie --- and what do they really know about what goes on behind the scenes. It seems to me that most of the rhetoric simply repeats the hateful press spewed by the liberal media.

Whether you like GW's politics or not, the office of President deserves our respect and support -- Further, GW has not been President for over two years ... and yet, the 'Bush-haters' still blame him for everything and anything. Wake up and grow-up! -- The President doesn't pass laws -- GW didn't simply decide to go into Iraq -- He wasn't the only one (including the Dems, who believed intelligence reports about WMD's).

But, even so, when does responsibility for anything (economy, remaining in Iraq/Iran, unemployment, etc. etc) actually pass to the current Administration? -- I'm not saying the current or the past Administration is responsible for the problems, but all the Bush finger-pointing lacks knowledge, logic --- and any apparent interest in actually solving the problems!

'Finger Pointing' and the 'blame game' doesn't move us one-inch closer to solutions. As Americans, we need to unite and move forward together to solve our mutual problems! If Washington can't get over its own partisan politics, then the American people need to vote them out of office... blue and red alike!
Bush derangement syndrome is as common problem among the left. They suffer from it even know the man has been out of office for the last two years.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:23 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
Huh?

I was being sarcastic. While you accuse people of throwing "verbal feces" at Bush, you condone and participate when the "verbal feces" are thrown and the current POTUS or any Democrat. Not surprising from someone who thinks that the president is lying about his education and the only reason that he got elected was because he's black.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
That is because they haven't reached maturity yet.
But people who call the POTUS Obammy Odumbo and Obobo have? We are entitled to discuss policy and disagree on things but most of the President Obama bashing threads here are based on nothing but hatred, lies and RACISM (and yes I said it, no need to play the race card card). Some people have good points and valid arguments about the president's agenda or policy but most are nothing but childish playground insults. Before anyone complains about the Bush bashing, they should take a look in the mirror. If you don't like something, fine but don't expect others to do something that you don't. The next time one of your Conservative buddies makes an idiotic comment about the president, tell him that he hasn't reached maturity level. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-20-2010 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:41 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
I assume you have polled everyone else and determined that nobody else is sick of the bashing. No, i didn't think so. Just another handfull of verbal feces hurled from your keyboard.

The bashings will continue until morale improves.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Are you seriously askiing, or just throwing verbal feces? If you are serious, the answer is so obvious that repeating it would just further confuse you. If you are not serious, your post doesn't merit a resonse.
Stop with the damn obfuscating for crying out loud.

Again..and this question is simple enough, name a Republican that ran on a Bush platform in the last 3 election cycles. Hell, just name a Republican that positively invoked the name of GWB in the last 3 elections that wanted his or her own name to be connected with Bush. Please...this isn't frickin' hard!

You guys are woofing about liberals trashing Bush. Fine...you're right. And i disagree with them for doing so. But the truth is, he's about as popular as O.J. Simpson at a Klan Rally AMONG CONSERVATIVES!!! So why do you expect us libs to show him any love when Repubs are running from the guy like he has Smallpox?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
I see from you inability to keep yourself under control, that you are NOT serious. Your questions, although potentially thought-provoking, are irrelevant.

And keep you impertinance under control. This isn't "frinkin'" hard.

Your assessment of W, like everything else you write, is nutty, like the "coffee" producted by Fat Bassturd. If you can act like a mature adult, there can be dialog, but you ranting doesn't qualify.
That's it!! I give up. LOL...if you want to live in a fantasy world in which big signs and statues honoring GWB stand in every city in America and his face is carved 4 times into Mt. Rushmore...be my guest.

Uhhhgggggrrrr. You just can't help some people.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:47 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
But people who call the POTUS Obammy Odumbo and Obobo have? We are entitled to discuss policy and disagree on things but most of the President Obama bashing threads here are based on nothing but hatred, lies and RACISM (and yes I said it, no need to play the race card card). Some people have good points and valid arguments about the president's agenda or policy but most are nothing but childish playground insults. Before anyone complains about the Bush bashing, they should take a look in the mirror. If you don't like something, fine but don't expect others to do something that you don't. The next time one of your Conservative buddies makes an idiotic comment about the president, tell him that he hasn't reached maturity level. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Oviously facts get in your way. I HAVE called out all those, on both side, who sink to the chidish game of name calling. Can you say the same thing?

When someone throws out a insult with no real discussion, I think that is immature and will call them on it.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-20-2010 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 PM

465 posts, read 463,873 times
Quote:
-- He is a decent, honest individual ...
Sorry, you totally lost me there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies