Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:32 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Bachmann is a religious zealot whose brain is a raging electrical storm of divine visions and paranoid delusions. She believes that the Chinese are plotting to replace the dollar bill, that light bulbs are killing our dogs and cats, and that God personally chose her to become both an IRS attorney who would spend years hounding taxpayers and a raging anti-tax Tea Party crusader against big government. She kicked off her unofficial presidential campaign in New Hampshire, by mistakenly declaring it the birthplace of the American Revolution. "It's your state that fired the shot that was heard around the world!" she gushed. "You are the state of Lexington and Concord, you started the battle for liberty right here in your backyard."
Quote:
But by the time you've finished reviewing her record of lies and embellishments and contradictions, you'll have no idea if she actually believes in her own divine inspiration, or whether it's a big con job. Or maybe both are true — in which case this hard-charging challenger for the GOP nomination is a rare breed of political psychopath, equal parts crazed Divine Wind kamikaze-for-Jesus and calculating, six-faced Machiavellian prevaricator. Whatever she is, she's no joke.
Michele Bachmann's Holy War | Rolling Stone Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Ho hum. More left wing misogyny. With a heavy dose of anti-religous bigotry thrown in for good measure I see. And no, I'm not a Bachmann supporter. She's a big spending republican as far as I'm concerned. But there really seems to be no bounds to the left's hatred of conservative women. Oddly enough feminists, by their silence, are completely complicit in this and just promote more misogyny.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Seems to me Obama the Warmonger-in-Chief is the one engaged in holy wars, literally.

Bachmann on the other hand was a sucessful attorney and IRS tax attorney before joining Congress. I guess when the left has nothing to promote Obama for they just keep throwing fecal matter to the public like apes at the zoo.

If Obama spent Sundays in church instead of on the golf course would the left call him a religious zealot? Doubt it.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Ho hum. More left wing misogyny. With a heavy dose of anti-religous bigotry thrown in for good measure I see. And no, I'm not a Bachmann supporter. She's a big spending republican as far as I'm concerned. But there really seems to be no bounds to the left's hatred of conservative women. Oddly enough feminists, by their silence, are completely complicit in this and just promote more misogyny.
Why is it that when anyone says anything negative about a Republican female figure, that they are misogynists?

Michelle Bachmann doesn't like homosexual behavior? Does that make her a homophobe? By the same standard you're applying, it seems like that would be a fitting label.

Most Republicans don't care about religious or family value issues. In fact, many would likely support legalizing gay marriage and marijuana. But the fact remains that 30 to 40% of their base are the "religious right", and they have to turn out the base to even have a chance at winning in any election cycle.

Bachmann is a politician, and she has already proven that she is a hypocrite that is willing to change her personal positions whenever the situation calls for it. I feel she would be no different with the issues raised in the article.

Of course the President is the same way also, he was for gay marriage before he was thinking about it in the white house.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:39 PM

93 posts, read 140,283 times
Quote:
Maybe they are keeping silence because religious wacko (Bachmanm) is against everything those feminist believe!

Old 07-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Why is it that when anyone says anything negative about a Republican female figure, that they are misogynists?
We're not talking about 'anyone' here now are we? We're talking about Matt Taibbi and his writing in the piece the OP linked to. And in this case his misogyny is only exceeded by his obvious visceral loathing of Bachmann.

By the way, your post, it's racist. Not because there's any basis in fact you see but because I just feel like tossing it out there and beating you over the head with it. I'm doing my best imitation of being a liberal don't ya know?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
We're not talking about 'anyone' here now are we? We're talking about Matt Taibbi and his writing in the piece the OP linked to. And in this case his misogyny is only exceeded by his obvious visceral loathing of Bachmann.

By the way, your post, it's racist. Not because there's any basis in fact you see but because I just feel like tossing it out there and beating you over the head with it. I'm doing my best imitation of being a liberal don't ya know?
He makes good points about Bachmann.

And now I'm a racist.

Thanks for proving my point.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Maybe they are keeping silence because religious wacko (Bachmanm) is against everything those feminist believe!
Feminists want all the freedom and none of the responsibility. They hate a successful Conservative female who has both raised children, had a successful career, preaches personal responsibility as the means of personal liberty, and is not yet menopausal. Feminists are real backstabbing**tches who care nothing about women but rather liberal agenda. I apologize to the female dogs I just insulted.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
He makes good points about Bachmann.

And now I'm a racist.

Thanks for proving my point.
Well the first step in recovery is recognizing you have a problem. Kudos to you on your introspection!

As for Taibbi's points: correct or incorrect he's clearly not on about that. He's on about writing a misogynistic hit piece on Bachmann. Obviously he and others regard her as a legitimate threat to unseat Obama if she get's the nomination so like all good minions he's out to do a first rate hatchet job on her. Only thing is he's preaching to the moonbat choir. No converts to be found there so aside from pounding his chest he accomplishes nothing.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Just more of the "Palinization of Bachmann". Woof woof attack like your trained to do prog doggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies