Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 07:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times

Advertisements

I'm fascinated with this.

From Breitbart - "US celebrities called for a boycott to take place Friday -- one of the busiest US shopping days -- to protest a grand jury's decision not to prosecute a police officer who fatally shot a black teen."
‘Hands Up, Don’t SHOP’: Celebs Call for Black Friday Boycott

All the morning news shows showed videos of people walking into retail stores in the area chanting "Hands Up, Don't Shoot". The whole premise of their protest is based on a lie, yet it's a lie that's taken root in the media and therefore become it's own reality. And it's a harsh reality...stores have been burned down and people's lives ruined because of these lies.

It's not just the black community. The usual contingent of college students were involved along with a lot of white people who obviously don't have enough time to read this...Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies or this http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tatements.html

Old 11-28-2014, 07:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
This will all just be a distance memory in a few days.......time passes on.

All cases have inconsistencies.....only if people lie does their stories match 100%.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:47 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

From Breitbart - "US celebrities called for a boycott to take place Friday -- one of the busiest US shopping days -- to protest a grand jury's decision not to prosecute a police officer who fatally shot a black teen."

All the morning news shows showed videos of people walking into retail stores in the area chanting "Hands Up, Don't Shoot". The whole premise of their protest is based on a lie, yet it's a lie that's taken root in the media and therefore become it's own reality. And it's a harsh reality...stores have been burned down and people's lives ruined because of these lies.

It's not just the black community. The usual contingent of college students were involved along with a lot of white people who obviously don't have enough time to read this...Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies or this http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tatements.html
Such BS. I just did all my Black Friday online and got some great deals.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:51 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
If they were truly pissed....they would be pissed about all cops shooting a black child/teen...

But as we can see...that's not true....

Fake outrage, well outrage, only if it's a white cop doing the shooting....

Old 11-28-2014, 07:51 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
Quote:

I've said it before. These people are protesting because they feel cheated they weren't around to
participate in the 60's civil rights protests.

Now I'm headed off to the outlet mall to do a little shopping...okay with me if people want to boycott. It means more open parking spaces.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Such BS. I just did all my Black Friday online and got some great deals.
As if those students are really going to pass on a new iphone deal or computer discount! Telling people to not shop is like telling people to not eat.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:19 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Only poor people shop on "Black Friday". The rest of us don't bother with such low class behavior as to stand in line for a few bucks off on something we don't actually need to survive from a chain store.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:40 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Only poor people shop on "Black Friday". The rest of us don't bother with such low class behavior as to stand in line for a few bucks off on something we don't actually need to survive from a chain store.
Not so. I shop online every Black Friday and save a good amount of money on things I had planned to buy anyway.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:43 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Obviously, everyone is upset by White cops killing Black children. The hue and cry, from the Media, says that these deaths have to stop.

On the other hand, an estimated 503 Black Americans are murdered each day by other Blacks. Apparently, it's Politically Correct for Blacks to kill Black children.

Attachment 140263

''One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.''
Joseph Stalin
Your math is pretty flawed.

There are around 7k blacks murdered in the US. Around 6500 are black on balck murders.

6500 / 365 days is < 20 murders a day.

The fact that you are off by such a staggering amount tells me you really don't know what you are talking about and are just aping something you heard somewhere.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:49 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Quote:

There was a book from the 1840s titled The Extaordinary Popular Delusions and Madness of Crowds. Nothing has changed. The lower classes behaving badly. In the nt so old days in the Empire the Brits would have ended this with a Maxim Gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies