Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What's your point? Michael Vick is not the only person out there smoking a blunt.

It should be noted that since his released from prision he hasn't failed a drug test.

Yet you seem to be fixated on him and other Black American sports and media personalities.

I have yet to see you condemn the actions of White American sports and entertainment personalties for their involvement in drugs. It's not like there aren'n't any.

Willie Nelson arrested for drug possession // Current
Couldn't rep you enough times, thanks.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 PM

240 posts, read 443,286 times
Quote:
What's your point? Michael Vick is not the only person out there smoking a blunt.

It should be noted that since his released from prision he hasn't failed a drug test.

Yet you seem to be fixated on him and other Black American sports and media personalities.

I have yet to see you condemn the actions of White American sports and entertainment personalties for their involvement in drugs. It's not like there aren'n't any.

Willie Nelson arrested for drug possession // Current
So your "solution" is to simply fan the fires of racism? Are white people any more racist than black people?? Are white people any more racist than any other race of people?? By the way why does the term "reverse discrimation" exist to describe a black person discriminating against a white person?? Isn't the term "reverse discrimination" inherrently racist by definition??

In my view racism is racism. Discrimation is discrimination no matter who is doing it to whom! If one walks through life and constantly sees themselves as a victim, guess what? They won't be disappointed.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 Camaro View Post
So your "solution" is to simply fan the fires of racism? Are white people any more racist than black people?? Are white people any more racist than any other race of people?? By the way why does the term "reverse discrimation" exist to describe a black person discriminating against a white person?? Isn't the term "reverse discrimination" inherrently racist by definition??

In my view racism is racism. Discrimation is discrimination no matter who is doing it to whom! If one walks through life and constantly sees themselves as a victim, guess what? They won't be disappointed.
So in you mind pointing out somebody else's hypocrisy and fixation on condemning the actions of Black Americans while completely ignoring the fact White Americans are doing the same things is "Fanning the Fires of Racism"?

Thanks for sharing.

But save the victim garbage for somebody it might actually apply to.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
So in you mind pointing out somebody else's hypocrisy and fixation on condemning the actions of Black Americans while completely ignoring the fact White Americans are doing the same things is "Fanning the Fires of Racism"?

Thanks for sharing.

But save the victim garbage for somebody it might actually apply to.
Jumping to conclusions can make one look foolish. I don't mind one bit if you point out hypocrisy in someone else. Just as I won't hesitate to point it out in your posts.

"The victim garbage" as you refer to it isn't garbage at all but a truism of life. Don't you know ppl who go through life and constantly see themselves as a vicitm? And it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy many times doesn't it?

So I guess you aren't going to answer any of my specific questions? Are white ppl more racist than black ppl?? And are white ppl any more racist than any other race??

My answers are that ALL people are racist. And there should be no term in our language like "reverse discrimation" because any race is capable of discriminating against any other race.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Jumping to conclusions can make one look foolish. I don't mind one bit if you point out hypocrisy in someone else. Just as I won't hesitate to point it out in your posts.

"The victim garbage" as you refer to it isn't garbage at all but a truism of life. Don't you know ppl who go through life and constantly see themselves as a vicitm? And it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy many times doesn't it?

So I guess you aren't going to answer any of my specific questions? Are white ppl more racist than black ppl?? And are white ppl any more racist than any other race??

My answers are that ALL people are racist. And there should be no term in our language like "reverse discrimation" because any race is capable of discriminating against any other race.
I tend to judge people as INDIVIDUALS. Some White Americans are racists. Some Black American individuals are racist. Some Latino Americans are racists. Some Asian Americans are racists. Some Native Americans are racists. Some people are racists.

There, now feel better.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I tend to judge people as INDIVIDUALS. Some White Americans are racists. Some Black American individuals are racist. Some Latino Americans are racists. Some Asian Americans are racists. Some Native Americans are racists. Some people are racists.

There, now feel better.
I think you are getting closer to the actual truth with your last post. It has less to do with me feeling better and more to do with whether you actually believe it.

You know what I find extremely ironic? Historically, I believe many black ppl have voted primarily for the Democratic party. I believe black ppl did this in the belief that the Democratic party would help protect their rights and grant them, as a group, some societal advantage. Which again is ironic because I don't think ANY political party truely gives a damn about ANY of us! We, regardless of race, merely represent potential votes to politicians.

Are you aware how big of a racist Lyndon B. Johnson was? Do you know he made the following quote, "I'll have them n***ers voting Democratic for two hundred years." He said that outrageous statement when he was discussing the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Prior to 1957 when LBJ was both in the House and Senate he VOTED AGAINST every civil rights bill that ever came to a vote!!

My point in all this is to get ppl of ALL RACES to understand that polticians most times don't have our best interests in mind DESPITE WHAT THEY SAY AND/OR PROMISE. I'm tired of seeing ppl identify themselves as a "black American" or a "white American" or an "Asian American" or a "Latin American" etc. WE ARE ALL SIMPLY AMERICANS! We should work together for the good of the country and find what we have in common, rather than continuing to highlight how we are different.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfboy90 View Post
Your question is dumb.. Michael Vick has done his repayment to the community for what he did. People are still continuing to ridicule him after things are over... I mean virtually after every comment on Michael Vick's performance.. the famous last words "of course vick was convicted just a few years ago for dogfighting"... come about ..

Yet.. and steadily.. Ben Rothelisburger or however his name is correctly spelled; can get away with raping a woman and no jail time... no probation... and a 1, maybe 2 week suspension FOR PUBLICITY ISSUES ... its BS...

Nowadays, even though we are living in 2010.. almost 2011.. racism is still alive and strong. It makes no sense that someone, anyone would be harassed due to their skin color.

History has proven that the average black or african american has gotten heftier punishment for equal crimes... than a caucasian.

Its total truth.. and for the record I'm african american and don't support any of the mistreatment of any race... OR DOGS.. <JUST FOR THE RECORD>
And yes.. I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan....
Was Ben convicted of raping someone? Was he ever charged with raping someone? Answer to both is NO and NO and it was 6 weeks of suspension.reduced to 4

So there is a difference 1 was convicted and sentenced to a federal crime and another was not. Yet the one not convicted got suspended

Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I don't know who the man was, but I remember that about a year after the O.J. trial, this older black man was on TV saying, "O.J. found out that the support from the black community was about a mile wide...and an inch deep."

Old 12-02-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know who the man was, but I remember that about a year after the O.J. trial, this older black man was on TV saying, "O.J. found out that the support from the black community was about a mile wide...and an inch deep."
I'm not really sure what that means???

Old 12-02-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
WE ARE ALL SIMPLY AMERICANS! We should work together for the good of the country and find what we have in common, rather than continuing to highlight how we are different.
I love this "We Are All Americans" mantra except when a White American parent sees her daughter bring home a Black American boyfriend or Black American or Latino American moves into a an all White American neighborhood and then people start claiming they'd rather not live in "Diverse" neighborhood as some of our fellow forum members were nice point out recently in a thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies