Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:54 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,653,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I'm moving kind of slow this morning, spent most of the night in the ER due to a triggered asthma attack. But the Turkey is in the oven (using Fin's recipe), the Greens are on the stove, the yams are cut. I figure we may be sitting down for dinner about 5 which is kind of late, but Thank God I'm home with the family.

Glad to hear you are okay and back in the saddle again! Sounds like you have it all under good control. Hoping you and family have a nice T-Day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 10:57 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,828,413 times
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

So glad you are doing better Blackandproud. My grandson has had asthma attacks that scare me so much.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:18 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,738 times
Default Thanks Everyone!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Enjoy the Holiday and for you early shoppers, Have Fun!!!

Old 11-25-2010, 11:39 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,757,217 times
Quote:
I started a thread last year on Thanksgiving that was very enjoyable. I learned about a lot of different traditions outside of my usual Southern Thanksgiving meal.

Peggy Ann with the Vegan Thanksgiving
Momonkey Cheddar Muffins (still waiting for those by the say )
BenBow - will you be doing the venison this year?
Sanganista - Glogg (still trying to figure out what the heck that is.
Shorebaby will you be hitting the dinner in Hoboken again?

So I thought I would start a new thread for 2010. What's on the menu for tomorrow?
Just put the turkey in the oven with my mother's hamburger stuffing (and an additional pan of the stuffing out on the grill - no room in the oven with 22# turkey!). Usually do two casseroles - green bean w/ mushroom soup and fried onion; and scalloped corn. This year my boys convinced me to fore-go the green beans. (also neglected to get any kind of squash, turnip or rutabaga ) Will have mashed potatoes & gravy and need to send one son to the store for rolls or maybe cornbread mix. Fully expect to be eating turkey and stuffing for at least a week because, despite the fact that there are only the three of us here this year, I still go hog wild with the dinner preparations. Gonna go grab a glass of eggnog and relax until time to start the casserole and peel the potatoes.

Last edited by MsMcQ LV; 11-25-2010 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Added another sentence

Old 11-25-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
All of my traditional dishes: home-made macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top, green beans in sour cream with onions and mushrooms, and, instead of turkey (which I really don't like) I'm having ducklings with a sauce of apply jelly, orange juice, and walnuts!

Oh, and of course, apple and pumpkin pies.
You enjoy those ducklings, but please don't invite me. I've had duck once and goose once and didn't like either one of them. My pies are pumpkin and a cherry.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
This year will be different, for 32 years we have spent Thanksgiving with my family but now that Dad has passed it's just not the same so this year we are going to the in-laws.
There will be Turkey and all the stuff that goes with it, way more people than in my small family, the food will taste different and it will be loud but it will be fun, I'll miss being at Mom and Dad's but it's just the start of another chapter in life.
So sorry about your loss of your Dad. What's your Mom doing for the holiday? I lost my Dad 26 years ago and Mom 18 months later. One thing that always made (and still makes) the holidays special for us was Mom's stuffing recipe, which all of us learned and still use every year.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
On our menu:
Roast Turkey
Pa dutch potato filling( mashed potatoes, dried bread cubes, fried onions and celery) then baked
gravy
Copes dried corn( pa dutch favorite)
Homegrown butternut squash,cooked (butter and brown sugar) Yummm....
Cranberry relish( way better than the canned)
A green bean casserole( ehhh...)
Bread stuffing
Cole slaw
Peas probably
Rye and white rolls, warm from the oven butter
Mince and pumpkin pie, vanilla ice cream w/coffee
Then watch the Cowboys get slaughtered, take a snooze, maybe take a walk if it stops raining.
That squash does sound good. Been a while since I had any. Mom always baked it stuffed with sausage.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:10 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,852,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You could give thanks to Britain for taking your ancestors out of misery of UK by taking them to Australia.
I could, except that MY ancestors were free settlers........nice try though

Old 11-26-2010, 12:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,705,964 times
Quote:
Just Turkey?
That's all I ate.

As for the rest of the day, I mostly slept all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies