Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:34 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Speaking with authority, I know that lib/progressives do not put their money where their mouths are.
What authority might that be?

If the Wright Brothers had followed your conservative thinking they would've told each other "Hey genius, men can't fly" and continued building bicycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 07:36 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And that can't change?
Sure. Over time.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Sure. Over time.
It's no different with the VOLT, sure it's far from perfect but it's a start. IF people choose to buy them why should it matter to those who don't? It's been fairly well received by the automotive press, where I'm more likely to find a reasonable evaluation than from Limbaugh.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:56 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
It's no different with the VOLT, sure it's far from perfect but it's a start. IF people choose to buy them why should it matter to those who don't? It's been fairly well received by the automotive press, where I'm more likely to find a reasonable evaluation than from Limbaugh.
Since we taxpayers pick up the first 7,500 dollars of the sticker price, it buys us an opinion if nothing else.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:09 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
How about you put your $$$ where your mouth is?

How much you got to lose on this very appropriate Turkey Day?
Don't need an government subsidized hybrid that is being touted as an "Electric". Quite pleased with my FORD products.

In fact, I'd walk and push a Ford before I'd drive a union-owned, Government Motors vehicle. Love my diesel dually if for no other reason than just to tick off the liberals.

Turkey Day? Nah,...I eat HAM. Not against my religion.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:53 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The magazine has lost all credibility. This car can't go more than 40 miles without a recharge.

I couldn't care less what "ThinkProgress", the Soros funded propaganda machine (just one of many) thinks about it.

Get a life, John.
That's 40 miles before the gas generator kicks in.

From the Chevy Volt website:

Quote:
Here are a few more notes on the battery:
  • Just plug it in to charge the battery, and most people can commute gas-free and tailpipe emissions-free for about $1.50 of electricity per day.
  • A small, quiet on-board gas generator creates electricity that powers your Volt as you drive for hundreds of miles on battery and gas power.
  • Lithium-ion cells outperform nickel metal hydride cells (found in today's hybrids) in terms of life cycle
  • A liquid thermal cooling and heating system keeps the battery at a comfortable temperature as it's being charged and discharged
Rush had to back off from that "40 miles" statement, as it was provably incorrect. You might reconsider your stance, as well.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Don't need an government subsidized hybrid that is being touted as an "Electric". Quite pleased with my FORD products.

In fact, I'd walk and push a Ford before I'd drive a union-owned, Government Motors vehicle. Love my diesel dually if for no other reason than just to tick off the liberals.

Turkey Day? Nah,...I eat HAM. Not against my religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I'd wager that all you "greenies" favor requiring EVERYONE to drive a Volt,....as long as it doesn't affect your bank accounts.
Still waitin' to hear you back your wager babble with $$$

Or is that against your religion?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Since we taxpayers pick up the first 7,500 dollars of the sticker price, it buys us an opinion if nothing else.
There's a special plan for those with such alleged outrage about the VOLT, it's been arranged for the first $7500 of your taxes go towards paying for a very small part of one of the tens of thousands of smart bombs dropped on Iraq with little/no benefit to Americans. Happy now?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Still waitin' to hear you back your wager babble with $$$

Or is that against your religion?
What are you yammering about?

All you greenies live in the "do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do" world.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
There's a special plan for those with such alleged outrage about the VOLT, it's been arranged for the first $7500 of your taxes go towards paying for a very small part of one of the tens of thousands of smart bombs dropped on Iraq with little/no benefit to Americans. Happy now?
.....everyone run out and buy yourself a "smart bomb".

Makes about as much sense and buying a Volt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies