Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:11 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,080,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysitsjustme View Post
FWIW on an anonymous message board (nothing), I can speak second-hand to the fact that more than a few powerful liberal donors are working the back channels in support of Sarah Palin.

If she wins the GOP nomination, Obama is a lock. Bank it.
I have to have faith that our voting citizens would never be that stupid, again. Surely anyone with any understanding of this country would never, ever vote for BO a second time...please, someone up there do not prove me wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,836,874 times
Palin seems like such a cartoon character that you have to wonder if she was planted by the Democrats to sabotage the Republicans.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,480,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No "front runner" at this time really from what I can tell. Everything I've seen and read indicates Romney though.

The problem with Romney are these.

1. He passed healthcare as governor

2. He's Mormon.

Don't believe it would play a role? I know a lot of elderly folks back home that swore they'd vote for a democrat before they voted for a Mormon. Of course, the democrat is black, which may equal out their hatred, would probably just keep them at home.
The GOP establishment LOATHES Romney. Ironically I think he could beat Obama if the stars aligned. They were the same way with Ron Paul, treated him like a nutcase during the primaries, although I don't think he was capable of beating Obama, he probably would have done better than McCain.

The bottom line is that the GOP have even a weaker group of presidential hopefuls today then they did 3 years ago. They are concerned because they've allowed Palin to be their leader, but are well aware she'd never win an election. What Joe says is more than likely true: Behind closed doors Republicans find her divisive and ill equipped for a leadership position.

So...has Palin replied about this on her Face Book yet? hahahaha

Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Palin seems like such a cartoon character that you have to wonder if she was planted by the Democrats to sabotage the Republicans.
Ah, but wouldn't she be a great character to base a sit-com on.

"Sarah Goes to Washington"

"The Wacked Wing"

Frankly, at this point I would get a kick out of a President Palin. If the world is going to go to hell in a hand basket at least lets go laughing.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,384,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Will she? It would be nice to think it's for THE PEOPLE to decide, but unfortunately, decisions require information and when information is owned, that person decides for all who will be on any ticket. Frankly it's gotten so odious that even good republican candidates dismiss themselves from politics outright. I would put my full faith and support behind conservative Andrew Bacevich because of his commitment to INTEGRITY, a character trait republicans at large have all but starved to death. Who is leading here? Have the republican masses reduced themselves to such despotic levels that they now put forth mandates their representation ought to be Judas to their country? Or is it that leadership has led the masses of conservatives to follow their Machiavellian examples? Either way, it's resulted in a cesspool contributing to the larger cesspool in DC.

I heard Rove ranting about main stream media with claims that it's all a vast left wing conspiracy as cause for my refusal to support conservatives. My decision to reject republicans has everything to do with their paranoia, their irrational attacks, their conduct, their lies, their insult to my intelligence, their lack of commitment to the greater good. The extent they'll go to lie to save face to the detriment of the mission. There is profound disgrace among you.

The republican identity is very much in question. Evolving is in order, and serious as a heart attack I'm totally fine with it-- BE whatever it is you feel is right. Lying about who you are is completely unacceptable. Moreover, using politics as a battlefield where constituency are nothing more than collateral damage makes republicans (as they are) manifestly unworthy of office.

I'm deeply offended as a woman that Palin is given a platform to represent women. She's a cartoon character. A fantasy serving the arrogance of men.
Great post harborlady. Although, I would like to point out that Palin hardly has a platform that represents women.

Also, interesting to see the feverish support she has garnered in some areas of the Lower 48 but if one only dig into the mounting criticisms of Alaskans concerning her former term in office, and her recent morphing into this national political celebrity, they might think twice.

But considering that Palin supporters appear to deftly avoid engaging in any discussion that might even hint at lack of supporting her, one can't expect her support base to actually pay heed to any of this.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:46 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,384,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Good point. Unfortunately, many consider her to be very real.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:18 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,881 times
Daffy Duck has had popular staying power too.
But nobody's running him for President.....yet?

Steve

Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,001,571 times
The liberal media is obsessed with Sarah Palin, and for a good reason: they know Palin running on the GOP ticket is the only way Obama could be re-elected in 2012, so they are doing everything they can to encourage her and ensure that she runs. Palin has her die-hard fans but they are not enough to elect her, the majority of Americans across all political demographics would vote against her in an instant if they saw her name on the ticket, it wouldn't even matter who she was running against.

Washington Post: "The Myth of Palin's Frontrunner Status":
Conservatives suspect there's also some mischief-making afoot -- the desire by liberal-leaning members of the media and the White House to make Palin the symbol of the Republican Party, which they are convinced will translate into her presidential run, her nomination and a shellacking for the GOP at the polls in 2012.

You don't have to buy into a conspiracy to see that many in the media and on the left are convinced Palin will be the nominee. [...] But unlike conservatives who have had time to process the Palin phenomenon, non-conservatives are just beginning to evaluate her as more than a punchline or an object of ridicule. They suspect conservatives are oblivious to her shortcomings. But that's simply wrong.

Liberals Want Sarah Palin to Be 2012 GOP Nominee, Survey Says
If former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin decides to jump into the 2012 presidential race, liberals would be thrilled, an unofficial poll released today shows.

Last edited by renault; 12-01-2010 at 03:12 PM..

Old 12-01-2010, 04:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
2. why is there always some sort of problem with GOP about something he;s this , he's that! hate hate hate
I don't care what his religion is. I just don't want to see him in his magic underwear

Old 12-01-2010, 04:40 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The GOP establishment LOATHES Romney. Ironically I think he could beat Obama if the stars aligned. They were the same way with Ron Paul, treated him like a nutcase during the primaries, although I don't think he was capable of beating Obama, he probably would have done better than McCain.

The bottom line is that the GOP have even a weaker group of presidential hopefuls today then they did 3 years ago. They are concerned because they've allowed Palin to be their leader, but are well aware she'd never win an election. What Joe says is more than likely true: Behind closed doors Republicans find her divisive and ill equipped for a leadership position.

So...has Palin replied about this on her Face Book yet? hahahaha
The loathe him less than Sarah Palin, you betcha

But I agree, I think it'll be hard for anyone to beat President Obama in 2012, unless there is a major fumble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies