Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Yes, he did pay, and so did I. How? Those extensions had to be paid for somehow. How do you think that is? By using Federal dollars. Where do Federal dollars come from? OUR TAXES.
Okay I will type slowly....

You aren't paying jack,the fedgov. is broke,the Chinese are paying it and future generations will have to pay it back,although more likely the country will default.

This nation is bankrupt,has been for years,all it is doing right now is maxing out the credit cards....

I find your indignation interesting considering your opinions regarding the fedgov. vis a vis secrets....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL....must grate on you that this guy DARED to enjoy himself,helped his family out AND bettered his situation.

We ALL know the unemployed should be genuflecting at your feet.
You keep saying this and I cant believe you believe it. No one would not understand that you make more money working instead of collecting unemployment. If he was out to better himself, he would have done more to get out of debt earlier, which would only have happened by working!!!

In addition, you are the very first one to criticize those better off for doing what "helps his family and betters their situation", even though they took from no one. Now you support someone who did so at the taxpayers expense.

You cant be serious.. There is no way in the world...

Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You keep saying this and I cant believe you believe it. No one would not understand that you make more money working instead of collecting unemployment. If he was out to better himself, he would have done more to get out of debt earlier, which would only have happened by working!!!
Perhaps you missed it but we had a pretty quick economic collapse in the past few years....

Perhaps he was caught unawares,you might do better to direct your questions to him.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:25 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Quote:
Nope,you didn't.

That might make you FEEL superior but you didn't pay squat.

It must grate on your nerves that someone DARES to not be miserable while on unemployment...
BTW, there's something else that needs to be pointed out about this:

So this guy only seriously looked for work 2 months out of 10, and he found a job. So why do we need to give people 3 years of unemployment? Even people who game the system only take a couple of months of real searching to find.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:26 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Nope,you didn't.

That might make you FEEL superior but you didn't pay squat.

It must grate on your nerves that someone DARES to not be miserable while on unemployment...
I didn't pay squat? Let me explain. My husband is the operating partner of a restaurant (read: he owns it). His business pays FUTA and SUTA. His bonus check is based on profits, profits that are less now that UE is high and the UI rates went up. He also gets dividends on profits, which are again made less due to having to pay UI. So, yes, money for the unemployed IS coming out of our pockets. It has nothing to do with feeling superior. If you paid taxes, you would know how frustrating it is to work your butt off just so someone else can sit on their butt all day and not lift a finger.

Again, I will point out that UE is not supposed to be fun. This is the one main problem I have with UE in general and extensions in particular...people think it's fun and games and it's time to take a lazy vacation. If the gov't knew this was going on and could prove it, you'd have to pay that money back. Too bad our reps don't enforce any kind of watchdogging on welfare programs to reduce fraud and waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
BTW, there's something else that needs to be pointed out about this:

So this guy only seriously looked for work 2 months out of 10, and he found a job. So why do we need to give people 3 years of unemployment? Even people who game the system only take a couple of months of real searching to find.
No idea,are you asserting his case is the norm?

I don't know what most people go through on unenjoyment....I am not on it.

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Quote:

You aren't paying jack,the fedgov. is broke,the Chinese are paying it and future generations will have to pay it back,although more likely the country will default.

This nation is bankrupt,has been for years,all it is doing right now is maxing out the credit cards....

I find your indignation interesting considering your opinions regarding the fedgov. vis a vis secrets....
Oh, I get it, you're one of those clueless types who thinks that because the US has to borrow from China that it means that the rest of us aren't actually paying taxes, or the money we're paying in to the system isn't paying for things like this. Which makes you hopeless.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Who pays for disability?
Surely not other taxpayers...
Yes. I support SSDI for those who truly cannot work, such as sydney, or at least for periods of time where their doctors will not allow them to work (not sure about his current situation). Another system that has a lot of waste but at least it's not as easy to scam as other forms of welfare.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I didn't pay squat? Let me explain. My husband is the operating partner of a restaurant (read: he owns it). His business pays FUTA and SUTA. His bonus check is based on profits, profits that are less now that UE is high and the UI rates went up. He also gets dividends on profits, which are again made less due to having to pay UI. So, yes, money for the unemployed IS coming out of our pockets. It has nothing to do with feeling superior. If you paid taxes, you would know how frustrating it is to work your butt off just so someone else can sit on their butt all day and not lift a finger.
Unless this guy was in your state,you didn't pay...right?

Quote:
Again, I will point out that UE is not supposed to be fun. This is the one main problem I have with UE in general and extensions in particular...people think it's fun and games and it's time to take a lazy vacation. If the gov't knew this was going on and could prove it, you'd have to pay that money back. Too bad our reps don't enforce any kind of watchdogging on welfare programs to reduce fraud and waste.
I used to think the stereotype of the 'Puritanical American' was just that...especially considering how drug addled(legal and illegal) so many seem to be...but you come across as that...

So much jealousy and envy that people aren't miserable enough....

Old 12-09-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:

So my tax dollars aren't being used for anything? Hmmm, then why do I pay them? Oh, that's right, to fund (in part) needless entitlements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies