Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yep

Other than higher yields, the amount of THC per plant has remained relatively the same throughout history. There are some rare breeds that have higher potency, but they have always been that way.

And you can't overdose on THC, its physically impossible. So potency isn't a problem.

Good, you have no problem with them telling you what to do. Most of us don't like government telling us what to do.
How is it physically impossible to OD on THC? I'm not countering what you're saying, just want to understand it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 12:35 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
All of your studies are from the 80's and 90's and my study was from 2009 and was a summary of 30 different studies. There is obviously a lot of research that goes both ways, but weed obviously has a negative effect on people who use it a lot and often. Anyways you also said that people refuse breathelizers? In Illinois if you refuse one you lose your license for 6 months, so i dont think it happens that often. And the only chance a person has to beat a DUI is if they dont blow, so if marijuana was legal i doubt it would be easy to convict people based off an opinion of the police officer.
What's the point of even arguing if marijuana is harmful or not? Alcohol and nicotine are known to be harmful but still legal. IMO the health effects and whether MJ should be legal are two different debates.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 PM

277 posts, read 166,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks
What would I do? Hand over a ziploc & a $100 & tell him to fill 'er up.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Protection of the community is a responsibility of everyone.

I agree. But if they aren't harming anyone, not dealing to children, not pushing other more dangerous substances (that is where a lot of the crime issues come into play more than with pot) and there isn't potential for violence, then I'm sorry, I'm not the type to snitch. Yeah yeah I know, because of the fact it's illegal there is always that small chance for violence. I get that. However; I'm sure a lot of folks that do grow the stuff try to keep it very quiet. I know if it were me, I would. For that those are worried about violence and pushing other substances, all the more reason to make it legal, and cut the criminal element out of the equation. I mean, it is the largest cash crop in the US, and it's ILLEGAL! Do you all see the irony here??? Let's legalize, and cash in on it!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:06 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
How is it physically impossible to OD on THC? I'm not countering what you're saying, just want to understand it better.
What do you not understand? It is physically impossible to ingest enough marijuana to "overdose".

Old 01-04-2011, 01:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
If my neighbor was growing pot (intentionally) for any reason other than his own comfort while dying from a terminal disease, I'd turn his/her backside into the authorities. It is illegal in my state, no exceptions. You don't have to agree and if you are a pothead don't be my neighbor! You won't like it.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:45 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Hopefully I would already know what kind of person my neighbor was and know if they would be running a criminal operation out of their home or not. If they were not dealing I would talk to them and tell them I want them to put up some cover or barrier so that I could not see it from my property. That way I could claim ignorance if they got busted. If I saw strange people and cars driving up at all hours I would turn them in.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
There are too many studies showing both yes and no.

So i got an opinion of someone who has simply seen firsthand, other people's reactions to trying to quit. It's like giving up those cigerettes.

Sorry i though I put the part about too many studies show yes and no, so I went for the opinion of someone who had no medical opinion, and only a real world observation. That way it's unbiased.
Then please, post one.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:06 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Protection of the community is a responsibility of everyone.
If I grow a plant in my yard, thats a danger to the community?

Old 01-04-2011, 02:10 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If my neighbor was growing pot (intentionally) for any reason other than his own comfort while dying from a terminal disease, I'd turn his/her backside into the authorities. It is illegal in my state, no exceptions. You don't have to agree and if you are a pothead don't be my neighbor! You won't like it.

Just because of the fact that it's illegal doesn't mean that it's a good law. Prohibition has been a drain on the taxpayers when there are numerous much worse crimes than someone growing or consuming a God given plant! Quite simply, prohibition does not work! I look at it this way. No harm to the neighborhood, no problem. Start bringing shady characters and the crime rate goes up, then we have an issue. If my neighbor was quietly growing a few plants for his or her own use and wasn't bothering anyone, it's not my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies