Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:54 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingspree View Post
Because it's a illegal and if the authorities find out that you've known about their marijuana growing all along you will be in trouble too. The law is the law.
Get real, if you mind your damn business nobody would even know whether you had any information or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Because it's a illegal and if the authorities find out that you've known about their marijuana growing all along you will be in trouble too. The law is the law.
Nope, its not illegal not to report a crime. It is illegal if you are helping them with it, but ignoring it isn't illegal.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Go Colt McCoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like what I see so far with the kid. He had a rough outing against the Steelers, but when you're a rookie facing the #1 defense in the league, it's probably to be expected. Plus, Hillis was banged up. I think Colt has a promising future, as long as they give him the tools necessary to succeed, and not get him killed and wreck his career like Tim Couch, and EVERY other QB that has come to Cleveland since their return in 1999.

I take it you're from Texas? Seems like the Browns are developing a fanbase from there now that we have one of their natives.

Again, back to the topic. Where were we, ahhh yes.. would I turn a neighbor in for growing pot? Let's see, to recap... if there is no harm, no violence, he isn't selling to kids, or my kid, and he isn't pushing other drugs, or attracting negative attention. I'm not saying a word.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

They would have to prove that you knew something about it, and that would be tough to do. Let me ask you, do you turn people in for the smallest infraction? If you're saying "the law is the law" I would hope that you're consistent in turning people in for other things that are "illegal" like speeding, or someone shooting off fireworks on 4th of July (more dangerous than growing or smoking weed BTW) or a loud exhaust?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks

nothing at all, as it is none of my business and it is none of the goverments business either. the failed war on drugs is just that, failed. they should just legalize it all and tax it if they want to just like they do with tobacco.

that would take care of alot of crime and get rid of the drug cartels both really fast.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks
Nothing, Nada, Bupkis.

Well, besides asking for a sample now and then.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If you notice the laws that don't get obeyed tend to be the laws that people don't feel are fair, just, or are enforced equally.

The "drug war" is a scam anyway. Law "enforcement" has made more money confiscating property and money than they ever did "enforcing" the law or from tax money. The entire idea of "law enforcement" is unConstitutional. Now we will see who actually knows what police is really suppose to be under the Constitution. Besides, I thought that was a pretty and exotic flower on my neighbors property.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,727,874 times
Actually the government loses billions on fighting these crimes. They need a return on their investment in manpower and their manpower costs far exceed any seizures of property.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
As long as there isn't rival gangs blowing up my neighborhood to fight over the control I don't care. But that only happens because it is illegal right?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
Actually the government loses billions on fighting these crimes. They need a return on their investment in manpower and their manpower costs far exceed any seizures of property.

I would think that a BATF agent (not to mention the cartels) would worry about legalization because he is government and makes his living that way.

No more drug war, no more taxing you for it, no more job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies