Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:08 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Be glad you're not my neighbor and growing pot. I won't mind my own business and I will have you behind bars faster than you can whine about it.

Till it's legal, it's illegal. And if you intentionally break the law, just because you don't LiKE that law, your a criminal, and I will see you treated as one.

It's not the same as slavery, it's not the same as nazi Germany, in fact if ANYONE is being a NAZI about it, it's the people hell bent on breaking the law, believing it proves a point. Well, it does prove a point, that they are idiots for deciding that the right way to effect change is their way, and not the right way.
Why is it ok to break some laws, and not others.

What makes marijuana law breaking so bad specifically? You can't use "its against the law"

Were people drinking during prohibition so evil to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Why are so many that say they don't want the government telling them how to live and want smaller government against allowing people to smoke pot which is less harmful than alcohol. Me thinks they only want less government when it comes to what they want and more government for what they are against. The truth will set you free.
Casper

Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Quote:
Be glad you're not my neighbor and growing pot. I won't mind my own business and I will have you behind bars faster than you can whine about it.

Till it's legal, it's illegal. And if you intentionally break the law, just because you don't LiKE that law, your a criminal, and I will see you treated as one.

It's not the same as slavery, it's not the same as nazi Germany, in fact if ANYONE is being a NAZI about it, it's the people hell bent on breaking the law, believing it proves a point. Well, it does prove a point, that they are idiots for deciding that the right way to effect change is their way, and not the right way.
I hope you turn yourself into the law when you go one mph over the speed limit, jaywalk, or accidentally run a red light. We can't have criminals on the streets!!!! Maybe we should treat you like a criminal since you seem so adamant about not doing anything illegal?

Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
so far 27 snitches....

Old 01-09-2011, 02:33 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Default Edumacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I hope you turn yourself into the law when you go one mph over the speed limit, jaywalk, or accidentally run a red light. We can't have criminals on the streets!!!! Maybe we should treat you like a criminal since you seem so adamant about not doing anything illegal?
First, you have listed 3 traffic violations, and not criminal activities.
Second, I do the speed limit, Since I am physically unable to walk any distance due to a permanent injury I received in Navy, You won't find me jaywalking anywhere, and running a red light is again a traffic violation, but since I pay attention to what I am doing while I drive instead of talking on the phone, texting, etc etc, you won't fnd me running any red lights either.

Now that we have the traffic violations out of the way, I carry a concealed weapon legally, I don't steal, and I don't have any illegal drugs.

Would you like to discuss YOUR criminal activities?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Default prohibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Why is it ok to break some laws, and not others.

What makes marijuana law breaking so bad specifically? You can't use "its against the law"

Were people drinking during prohibition so evil to you?
I wasnt alive during the prohibition, so I can't speak to it.

What I CAN say is, if the law is wrong, work to change it.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Ask for some, in exchange for me not reporting them to the police?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

No what is NAZI is the fact that one would sell out a neighbor for minding his own business almost as if they get off on doing so! What is also NAZI is the fact that one would continue to support the government's intervention in our daily lives! To me that is criminal!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
So long as he is not growng on MY land , he can grow anything he desires. What he does is none of my business.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Quote:
First, you have listed 3 traffic violations, and not criminal activities.
Second, I do the speed limit, Since I am physically unable to walk any distance due to a permanent injury I received in Navy, You won't find me jaywalking anywhere, and running a red light is again a traffic violation, but since I pay attention to what I am doing while I drive instead of talking on the phone, texting, etc etc, you won't fnd me running any red lights either.

Now that we have the traffic violations out of the way, I carry a concealed weapon legally, I don't steal, and I don't have any illegal drugs.

Would you like to discuss YOUR criminal activities?
Nice to see that my sarcasm flew over your head. However, I'd wager a large amount of money that you do something illegal in your life The issue at hand was you not minding your own business. Sad world when folks will get involved in situations they really have no business and actually think they are doing something good. Amazing how the government and police can easily hoodwink people into ruining other's lives without an ounce of empathy or compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies