Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 AM

31,302 posts, read 20,829,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

No need to call Super Nanny....

A good spanking is good for your child..... Nothing wrong with it. The rear end has extra padding just for that purpose!

Kids will try you....they will test you. I did it! My dad cured me!

There are lots of other things that go along with corporeal punishment. Warnings, lectures, the deletion of privileges etc..... spanking is the last resort. But I guarantee you...if you tan that hide nicely, they will heed your words the next time.

Painful things are good for us. They make us stronger and wiser. They don't feel good at the time. But most of us don't see the light, 'til we feel the HEAT!

Correct!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 AM

679 posts, read 616,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Spoiled brat throws a tantrum - YouTube

Supernanny - The Ririe Family 1/10 - YouTube

No need to call Super Nanny....

A good spanking is good for your child..... Nothing wrong with it. The rear end has extra padding just for that purpose!

Kids will try you....they will test you. I did it! My dad cured me!

There are lots of other things that go along with corporeal punishment. Warnings, lectures, the deletion of privileges etc..... spanking is the last resort. But I guarantee you...if you tan that hide nicely, they will heed your words the next time.

Painful things are good for us. They make us stronger and wiser. They don't feel good at the time. But most of us don't see the light, 'til we feel the HEAT!

I know it was just to illustrate a point, but the Spoiled Brat video is fake. It was just a viral thing to sell Domino's Pizzas, that was just one of a series of videos that built up to in the end sell Pizzas

dumb

Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,638,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
His thread title says "whipping".
That's not necessarily "beating".

Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 AM

995 posts, read 1,120,782 times
There's nothing wrong with a quick smack on the rear to get the attention of a child in the throes of a tantrum.
But. Whipping = beating, same thing, and it's just teaching them to hate you and to grow up and do the same to their children, and on and on to each generation. That is pretty far-reaching abuse.

My kids had time-outs, which are very effective if you plan the locations right , lost privileges (no phone, no video games, no tv, no pc), and gained chores. On one memorable occasion, my teen daughter who had a habit of slamming her bedroom door so hard it made the windows rattle, lost the door for 3 days. My husband took it off the hinges.
Use your imagination. As parents, we can be very creative.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,638,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Schutes View Post
No. Relying on the threat of physical violence is flat-out lazy parenting. Motivate your kid to act right using sensible incentives, and you won't be embarrassed in public.
I'm guessing you're not a parent. If you are, your kids are likely little terrors.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:25 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,161,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I think he said "physical discipline". He didn't say "beaten". There is a difference.
It's a distinction without a difference IMHO.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'm guessing you're not a parent. If you are, your kids are likely little terrors.
You lack imagination.

I've never had to resort to physical discipline on my kid, and there has been no terrification of any kind.

There are ALWAYS alternatives to corporal punishment. Always.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why would you beat a child?
I wouldn't. I find these so-called distinctions between levels of physical harm to be artificial and self-serving.

Arbitrary tests like "does it leave a mark after 24 hours" sound like excuses to be a child-beater to me, and little else.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:29 PM

1,019 posts, read 592,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I wouldn't. I find these so-called distinctions between levels of physical harm to be artificial and self-serving.

Arbitrary tests like "does it leave a mark after 24 hours" sound like excuses to be a child-beater to me, and little else.
If somebody beats a child in front of me, there is a possibility their heart will stop beating before I stop beating them.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:31 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,210,262 times
Abuse. Contrary to popular belief, you can raise a child without beating, whipping, or whooping them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies