Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these would you Eliminate?
EPA 28 44.44%
Education 39 61.90%
Interior 10 15.87%
Transportation 8 12.70%
Council of Economic Advisors 19 30.16%
HUD 24 38.10%
Agriculture 19 30.16%
Labor 13 20.63%
Health and Human Services 14 22.22%
Energy 20 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:27 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times

Advertisements

Why can we afford a War on Drugs and not unemployment compensation for persons who are unemployed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,651 times
Every one of them.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:54 PM

570 posts, read 882,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Why can we afford a War on Drugs and not unemployment compensation for persons who are unemployed?
without the war on drugs there would be hundreds of thousands + jobs lost in this country

Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
without the war on drugs there would be hundreds of thousands + jobs lost in this country
Well then they would have to join the rest of us and get real jobs in the private sector!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, I know. We see how hard it would be to eliminate even one of this departments, like Education. Too bad more people don't get involved and realize this federal dept is really not needed or wanted. But the few times it has been suggested, the person was attacked and demonized by the dems/left. They would have to make their case to the people and combat all the lies and smears that would be heaped upon them by the dems/left and their accomplices in the media.

Great graphic, now I just need to figure out how to read it.
It would be great to help abolish the Federal Dept. of Education.

If people would just read some of the informative books that expose it for what its worth, they might be more inclined to support this idea. Might I suggest:

Fed Ed by Allen Quist

America's Schools: The Battleground for Freedom by Allen Quist

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America by Charlotte Iserbyt

You're Teaching My Child What? By Mariam Grossman, M.D.

I know John Stossel on FOX is in favor of getting rid of The Federal Dept. of Education but I don't know of any one in any office who supports this. Probably can never be done, but we can always hope!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:23 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I know John Stossel on FOX is in favor of getting rid of The Federal Dept. of Education but I don't know of any one in any office who supports this.
Ron Paul

Rand Paul probably too

Old 01-15-2011, 09:23 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
Public works is a better form of job creation via public policy decisions. Without a War on Drugs we would also be generating more revenue from legal forms of Commerce among the several States of our Union, and would not need to cut social services as much.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 PM

570 posts, read 882,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Well then they would have to join the rest of us and get real jobs in the private sector!
the private sector is full of jobs that require good customer service skills. These jobless would need not apply.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
How has the Dept of Education helped education?

How much energy does the department of energy produce?

How much food does the Dept of Agriculture grow?

While the EPA is necessary, IMO, why do they stunt growth by being reactionary instead of using common sense? All they do is halt progress by their insane policies.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:14 AM

209 posts, read 240,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
It would be great to help abolish the Federal Dept. of Education.

If people would just read some of the informative books that expose it for what its worth, they might be more inclined to support this idea. Might I suggest:

Fed Ed by Allen Quist

America's Schools: The Battleground for Freedom by Allen Quist

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America by Charlotte Iserbyt

You're Teaching My Child What? By Mariam Grossman, M.D.

I know John Stossel on FOX is in favor of getting rid of The Federal Dept. of Education but I don't know of any one in any office who supports this. Probably can never be done, but we can always hope!
Yes, I'm with you there. I too mentioned Charlotte Iserbyt's The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America book earlier in the thread as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies