Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 12:13 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times

Advertisements

Reid really insulted him.

South Capitol Street » Blog Archive » Video: Reid calls Chinese president a (http://southcapitolstreet.com/2011/01/19/video-reid-calls-chinese-president-a-%E2%80%9Cdictator%E2%80%9D/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 12:14 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,905 times
It's funny seeing Americans criticize the Chinese on their human rights record. Do you guys even look at the stuff you are pulling? At least the Chinese aren't bombing random countries in illegal wars.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
It's funny seeing Americans criticize the Chinese on their human rights record. Do you guys even look at the stuff you are pulling? At least the Chinese aren't bombing random countries in illegal wars.

I don't understand why this stuff is ok with you, but some people are immune to the suffering of others.

China and Tibet | Human Rights Watch

Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,162 times
God, I hate Limbaugh and his show, but his impression of Chinese talk was hilarious and right on the money! I laughed and cringed at the same time, just like I do when I hear Chinese talk in public.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Isn't it time to stop with this childish s*** already? From everybody?

We have a radio talk show host making fun of the people of a nation that we are in debt up to our ears in & people want to talk about human rights violations? Come on now, how long has this been going on & how long has the US had relationships with those who make their people suffer?

No, the suffering under this man is not right but, lets not be hypocrites about it & to make fun of their people & the way they speak is something I expect of a 3yr old, not an adult.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:

Agreed, and very good point, but what does that have to do with criticizing the Chinese? Because the US does it also, we can't criticize the Chinese for doing as well? Are these behaviours mutually exlusive? When we criticize the Chinese, we don't then have to criticize the US in the same sentence every time.

Because the John Dillinger was a bad guy, we can't point out that AL Capone was one too without having to do it in the same sentence everytime? Absurd.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
God, I hate Limbaugh and his show, but his impression of Chinese talk was hilarious and right on the money! I laughed and cringed at the same time, just like I do when I hear Chinese talk in public.
I haven't heard him...btw, if you don't listen to him, how do you know he is making fun of the dialect?

Are some people saying, people like the late night comics don't use foreign dialects when they do their routines? What kind of speech police are we beomming in this country.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
im the farthest thing from a liberal. voted independent and republican in my house, governor races in 10.

i just dont tow the company line and think for myself when someone does something stupid, and not automatically defend them like those on the right do here.

again, this isn't about hu. this is about rush insulting the chinese by mocking the chinese language.

we all know hu is a dictator and we all know what's going on there is wrong. but when you stoop to rush's level, then you deserve to be called out.

Please How far are you speech police going to take this absurd line. The late night entertainers , Hollywood types in comic movies, and other comics do it so lighten up.

Harry Reid's calling Hu a Dictator was more of an insult. Who called him out on that one?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
chinese people are the ones that are mad that rush is mocking the language moreso then anything.

The Chinese people aren't even allowed to hear their own dictator speak in the USA, but they're listening to Rush Limbaugh??

I thought you said you hated ignorant people?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Quote:
At least the Chinese aren't bombing random countries in illegal wars.

What's an "illegal war"?

You mean the one where the UN and NATO are involved with us in Afghanistan?

Or the one were the USA resumed hostilities after Saddam repeatedly broke the CEASE-FIRE agreement at the end of a UN sanctioned war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies