Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Rush Limbaugh?
Favorable 63 29.03%
Unfavorable 137 63.13%
No opinion 17 7.83%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,811,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Actually, global warming is a fact, yes. But if you value Limbaugh's opinion on global warming over that of thousands of scientists and experts worldwide, than, well...

And what does me being in Denmark have to do with anything. I can watch you guys from here just fine

Liebknecht,

Are you are an expat in Denmark? Or an indigenous skullsplitter? Either way, welcome. I spent two years in Sweden about 20 years ago. Och jag kan tala Svenska (badly). Scandinavia is awesome, and less politically insane than this country, that is for sure.

Do you have any Danish Rush Limbaugh types, who can turn any issue into a right (or left) wing rant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 06:49 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,184,000 times
Default And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find him abrasive and unpleasant. I rarely agree with the things he says.

In his latest controversy, he mocked the Chinese President by doing an offensive imitation of Chinese speech. It's ugly and childish. How can anyone have respect for this guy?

Rush Limbaugh Mocks Chinese President Hu Jintao - The Note
Sure, you find him abrasive, some don't. Some found Al Franken abrasive and unpleasant, some didn't. It depends upon your taste.

All entertainers do things such as mock others, make comments that some find offensive. So what?

If you want to complain about something offensive, how about Harry Reid, out Senate majority leader calling the Chinese President a DICTATOR? How can you have respect for Mr Reid, someone who is SUPPOSED to be respectable, and polite, especially in matters that could lead to diplomatic issues with a country as large as China?

Rush Limbaugh = Entertainer, talk show host.

Harry Reid = Democratic senator, and Senate majority leader.

Big difference. Be offended at the leader, not the entertainer.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,388,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Most people can not listen to talk radio during the day. Most liberals, who are often college-educated, don't feel the need to listen to a bloviating ass every day. That is why liberal talk radio fails.
ROFLMAO! Now that's a novel excuse for the failure of liberal talk shows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
We get bored to death by listening to some ranting bozo. I bore myself. I love my wife becase she sweeps the floor with me in arguments all the time. And guess what? I learn something new!

Discussion is a much better way to learn than to listen to paid schills like Limbaugh. I always wonder what possesses someone to listen to a spin doctor like Rush who does their thinking for them. It is like intellectual baby food.
To the leftists, anything that doesn't agree with their view is "spin". But you wouldn't know truth if it slapped you in the face.

How can you possibly listen to someone like Chris Matthews, Catie Couric, Matt Lauer, etc, etc. and believe that they are not "spinning" the news? Besides, they all use the same phrases in their reporting, with very little difference in what is being said. It is so obvious they are getting the "talking points" from one source. Duh???

Old 01-21-2011, 06:50 AM

499 posts, read 406,369 times
He's a talking head who uses rhetoric rather than reasoning to get his point across most of the time. The right and left both have them.

I wouldn't use him as my first port of call to get political information but I suppose he's good at what he does.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:56 AM

Default what about

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Actually, global warming is a fact, yes. But if you value Limbaugh's opinion on global warming over that of thousands of scientists and experts worldwide, than, well...

And what does me being in Denmark have to do with anything. I can watch you guys from here just fine
What about the THOUSANDS of scientists and experts world wide that state that our global weather patterns are in fact normal, and man hasn't affected them?

What about the fact that a single valcanic eruption spews more gasses and contaminants in the air than any 2 decades of man combined?

So Limbaugh's opinion doesn't matter to me, but the facts that he brings to the table that are accurate and substantiated do matter.

As for your being in Denmark, I think the person is alluding to the fact that people in differing countries have differing values, expectations, ways of life etc etc.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:03 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,543,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"Abrasive, Unpleasant, Ugly and Childish"...and you are qualified to throw stones how?
Most liberals find his form of in-your-face honesty distasteful.

They become enraged and indignant that he dares to speak the truth. About them.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,201,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
What about the THOUSANDS of scientists and experts world wide that state that our global weather patterns are in fact normal, and man hasn't affected them?

What about the fact that a single valcanic eruption spews more gasses and contaminants in the air than any 2 decades of man combined?

So Limbaugh's opinion doesn't matter to me, but the facts that he brings to the table that are accurate and substantiated do matter.

As for your being in Denmark, I think the person is alluding to the fact that people in differing countries have differing values, expectations, ways of life etc etc.
Don't forget the e-mails , showing that the data that proved the globe was warming "missing" , and the bragging of the "trick" that makes the people think its getting hotter .

Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
ROFLMAO! Now that's a novel excuse for the failure of liberal talk shows!

To the leftists, anything that doesn't agree with their view is "spin". But you wouldn't know truth if it slapped you in the face.

How can you possibly listen to someone like Chris Matthews, Catie Couric, Matt Lauer, etc, etc. and believe that they are not "spinning" the news? Besides, they all use the same phrases in their reporting, with very little difference in what is being said. It is so obvious they are getting the "talking points" from one source. Duh???
I don't listen to any of those guys. I don't watch TV (yea, one of those annoying types..at least I am not a vegetarian.ir drive a Prius....yet). I read Time, the Economist, and Newsweek usually. And waste my time on boards like this. I get at truth through multiple sources and turn them around in my mind.

For instance, the Housing Bubble Blog started talking about the lunacy in the market back in 2003 or so. I started following the discussion, and by 2005, I learned a great deal about the bubble,etc. Through checking other sources,etc. Sometimes even a boob like me can connect the dots. For instance in a town nearby, home prices doubled in five years, as population declined! Something was up. That is why I did not buy Greenspan's drivel that "noone could have foreseen A,B,C, D...whatever."

To get back to Limbaugh. I don't mind the guy much. What is scary is when people seem to take him seriously.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 AM

Default you want to see hate from the other side??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have yet to see anything yet that compares to the hate coming from those associated with Fox news...Show me, I'm at home and can watch videos.

Carry on then and listen to the likes of Rush, Palin and Beck...I know thinking is hard for some folks, so they need others to think for them.

OMG! You want to see hate? Go to Thingprogress web site and read some of their filth!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

Who would these thousands of scientists be? I haven't met them, and I'm in the field. Noone is doubting that other things go on, and we are still learning. Yet doing an uncontrolled experiement on the atmosphere of the only known habitable planet for our species seems spectacularly stupid. And the fact that so many people are so addicted to being ideologically right that they would try to defend and undefensible status quo speaks to how well people are manipulated. It is shocking that in a country with the best science and research institutions in the world, we have people who prefer Rush and his ilk.

Who loses if the scientists are right? Everyone. Who wins if they can dupe us into keeping up our oil and gas comsumption a bit longer? ExxonMobil. Who do you think is supporting Bush, Fox News, and the like?

Connect the dots people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies