Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You mean helping them get the right to vote, ending school segregation, and ending slavery was a shame?

Why do you feel that way?
You were obviously short changed in your history education. Demand a refund and study up on where Democrats actually were not on those postions and votes. Historical revisionism as you learned it is inaccurate.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
1. How many blacks have you spoken too that complained that Civil Rights have negatively impacted their lives?
2. How many blacks who were around during the birth of the Civil Rights era have you spoken too that complained that the passage of Civil Rights have negatively impacted their lives?
3. How many blacks have you spoken too that can name one Civil Right policy that they have benefited from and believe is no longer required because it have negatively impacted their life?

Everyone on these boards and in the media could continue to go back and forth disputing the difference between 1800-1960 Democrats and Republicans compared to Todays Democrats and Republicans, really don't make a difference TODAY. The question the Republican's need to address is, how to get away from the bias rhetoric and slanted history to gain the Black vote. I've seen posts that claim Blacks vote democrat because of entitlements, because the Democrats expect their votes, but then these same posters claim that it was the Republicans that freed the slaves, passed Civil Rights. Make up your mind, your arguing against your own arguement.
Until the typical BS rhetoric like these cease to exist, I don't see how Republicans believe they can gain more Black support, this just will not happen anytime soon.
why does the Afro American community vote overhwelming democrat?

Old 01-21-2011, 01:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
No we won't!

You were accused of calling anyone who doesn't hold your views "uneducated".

Here's your exact words:

Here's Joe_Ryder's reply to that:

He said it quite clearly and quite justly that you called anyone who doesn't agree with your POV "undereducated".

What part of that are you stuck on?

It certainly wasn't him "unjustly" accusing you because you did say it.
Haha. Okay. You all are hung up on one word. I meant undereducated on this particular topic. My apologies. That was inappropriate of me to use without explaining the context. I just kept reading people try to link the Republican Party of the 19th century to the one today and any political historian will tell you they changed societal roles in the 20th century. That's all. The substantive content of my comments remains unchallenged to this point, so let's just leave it alone before this devolves into a flame war.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Do they really have an alternative when the opposition is screaming "Go back to Kenya"....?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:07 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Do they really have an alternative when the opposition is screaming "Go back to Kenya"....?
I have never heard anyone say that , ever. Not on TV or in my every day life. Do you have a link or something ?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:08 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
JF Kennedy would be a Republican today.
And probably a TEA party member since he's the first president to cut taxes for all Americans including the rich.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Have an adult conversation and stop with the childish insult at the end. Your momma taught you better than that. But, to address the substance of your post, you're getting off track on another tangent. I never said the Great Society policies were great or even worked. Like I said, I'm very skeptical of many such policies. What I'm talking about specifically is the fight to liberate people from oppressive subjugation.

Blacks needed new laws to be considered fully human and vote and then to be given the right to exist equally with others.

Women needed laws repealed / passed to be given the right to vote.

Homosexuals have required government to repeal bigoted policies that subjugate them as second class citizens - a battle still in process.

All of these liberations were spearheaded by progressive movements. Some, like the Great Society, pushed to far imo.

I've said my peace on this subject. I don't know what else I could offer. You're welcome to research the history of the Republican and Democratic parties to see for yourself. God bless.

Look I supported my writing with evidence and links. All you have is conjecture. The Progressives have you fooled big time. I already showed it to you, so there is no need to show you again. I provided 4 links of historical facts. You wear blinders so I can' t help you see if you refuse to see. You would do well to read Plato's "Allegory of the Cave".

You provide no evidence whatsoever for your words yet I supply links and historical evidence for everything I put forth. Good luck in your own world.

Woodrow Wilson was the most evil segregationist of any President and he is often referred to as the father of modern Progressives. I showed you how from 1900 until 1965 the Democrats repeatedly voted against civil rights. You have no answers to these FACTS so you call them a "tangent" Wasn't it you who said Progressives were responsible for civil rights over the last 170 years? This is just palin propaganda with no evidence to support it whatsoever. Nice try but it is a fail. BUt feel free to put forth your evidence.

Come back with evidence for your arguments and then we can have the debate you think I am missing.

Quote:
You're welcome to research the history of the Republican and Democratic parties to see for yourself.
Ummm I hold a degree in Historical research in American History from Rutgers University 1977 so I'll pass on your condescension about doing research. I did my research, presented it here, and you simply ignored it. So be it.

Next time come back with evidence and researched links to prove your points and you will be taken more seriously. Otherwise, all you offer is conjecture. Not that there is anything wrong with conjecture, but it doesn't hold a candle to researched links to prove your aassertions in your post. 170 years indeed!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:43 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Please show me one link to some republican in office saying that

Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post

First of all, I'm not aware of a Afro American Community. If your asking why Blacks vote Democrats, you should be able to get your answer by the next election if you start contacting each and every INDIVIDUAL BLACK person for their response.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:04 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
1. How many blacks have you spoken too that complained that Civil Rights have negatively impacted their lives?
2. How many blacks who were around during the birth of the Civil Rights era have you spoken too that complained that the passage of Civil Rights have negatively impacted their lives?
3. How many blacks have you spoken too that can name one Civil Right policy that they have benefited from and believe is no longer required because it have negatively impacted their life?

Everyone on these boards and in the media could continue to go back and forth disputing the difference between 1800-1960 Democrats and Republicans compared to Todays Democrats and Republicans, really don't make a difference TODAY. The question the Republican's need to address is, how to get away from the bias rhetoric and slanted history to gain the Black vote. I've seen posts that claim Blacks vote democrat because of entitlements, because the Democrats expect their votes, but then these same posters claim that it was the Republicans that freed the slaves, passed Civil Rights. Make up your mind, your arguing against your own arguement.
Until the typical BS rhetoric like these cease to exist, I don't see how Republicans believe they can gain more Black support, this just will not happen anytime soon.
I don't see the connections of your questions. I don't need to "talk" to anyone. I rely upon evidence and historical facts. I only showed how "civil rights" were mainly supported by the Republicans from the end of the War between the States until 1965. But some how you ignore 100 years of working for civil rights by Republicans and convienently subsititute 45 years of the Democrats being on the wagon w/ the Republicans as exclusively their own turf. The Republicans have a historical record twice as long as the Democrats in working toward civil rights yet somehow you ignore it! How absurd and blind. Where do you get these ideas from anyway?

I showed this board how the civil rights of Blacks were blocked by Democrats from after the War Between the States right up to today. I posted evidence with links to back it up. I don't deal in anectadotes. Sorry. I am a historical researcher with a degree in historical research from Rutgers in US History to support it.

You seem to believe that the Great Society was something good for Blacks when I showed you how it has severly harmed the Black family. It has corrralled most city Blacks into Section Eight housing and gives them just enough money to exist. It offers no opportunities to break the generational cycle of dependence upon the government.

The logical conclusion in turn is ,the Blacks mainly offer their votes to the Democrats, and some Republicans, for this trade of misery and squalor with nary a chance to break the vicious cycle. The young women are destined for teenage pregnancy and government handouts while the young black male is destined for jail or death. There is no opportunity through decent education.

For example, in DC they spend $12,000 per student yet the drop out rate remains the same and the people trapped in the Welfare system are subjugated into a life of misery with hardly any hope for a better life. The government gives them money and housing, just enough to survive, but no opportunities to move up the social scale and the Blacks know it. This is likely why the incidence of drugs and alcoholism is as high as it is in these cities. There is NO HOPE even as Obama had pomised.

It reminds me of that woman who was interviewed who voted for Obama because he was going to give her money. When asked where the money was coming from she said "I dunno, from his stash"

I yi yi.. How ignorant. I know this may be considered an anectadote but it is a excellent example of how some Blacks looked at PBO and the election. It aptly demonstrates how some Blacks have false hope rooted in fear of a life of continued poverty and ignorance.

Today's Democrats have you fooled also. Fritz Hollings D of SC Governeor and Senator who was first to raise the Confederate flagover the SC State house was time and again proved to be a segregationist and a racist.

Jet - Google Books

Famous Racist Democrat - Senator Ernest Hollings

Quote:
In more recent years Hollings, a senior Democrat senator, has made disparaging racial remarks and slurs against minorities. Senator Hollings, who was a contender for his party's presidential nomination in 1984, blamed his defeat in the primaries by using a racial slur against Hispanics. After losing the Iowa Straw Poll, Hollings stated "You had *******s from California that came in here for Cranston," referring to one of his opponents, Alan Cranston. A few years later Hollings reportedly used the slur "darkies" to derogatorily refer to blacks. He also once disparagingly referred to the Rainbow PUSH Coalition as the "Blackbow Coalition," and called former Senator Howard Metzenbaum, who is Jewish, "the Senator from B'nai B'rith." Hollings gained international criticism for his remarks about the African Delegation to the 1993 Geneva GATT conference, where he crudely remarked "you'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." Hollings was also the Governor of South Carolina who raised the confederate flag over the state capitol in the early 1960's in what was considered at the time to be an act of defiance to civil rights. The press ignored Hollings and his role in the flag issue at the same time the political correctness police were smearing George W. Bush during his campaign after Bush correctly remarked that the flag was a state issue to be decided upon by South Carolina and not the national government
As for the Black voting for Democrats because of entitlements, can you provide any evidence whatsoever that shows the opposite? I showed you how the Great Society has entrenched the Black in the cities in a life of destroyed families, fatherless children, lives ruined through drugs and poverty, all going on generation after generation. I don't maintain they vote for Democrats because of this, but I do maintain they have been fooled into thinking the Democrats are the Party that protect the Blacks when the exact opposite is true. The government merely wants to corral the Blacks in the cities and give them just enough to keep them down so they won't riot as we saw in the 60's.

Look at Detroit, Cleveland, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, and every other large city, that has been run by Democrats for the last 30-40 years. Has anything changed for the Balck family? Nope Same old same old. If the Democrats can't get it done in 40 years, they will never get it done. Their programs are failures. The proof is in the history of these cities and the conditions of the Blacks for the last 40 years. Wake up and smell the coffee. It "ain't happenen" sir. It won't ever happen as long as you put your faith in these snake olil salesmen, both Republican and Democrat. The proof is in the eating of the pudding and there hasn't been any pudding in over 40 years!

I'll leave you with Randy Newman's famous song that says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGw_vAnqPI

http://srv.clickfuse.com/showads/pixel.php?cid=62402312&aid=39380548&aids=7,38&caph =0,0&cids=5,51&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uulyrics.com%2 Fmusic%2Frandy-newman%2Fsong-rednecks%2F&t=1295646681 (broken link)

Quote:
Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show
With some smart ass New York Jew
And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox
And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too

Well, he may be a fool but he's our fool
If they think they're better than him, they're wrong
So I went to the park and I took some paper along
And that's where I made this song

We talk real funny down here
We drink too much and we laugh too loud
We're too dumb to make it no Northern town
We keepin' the ******s down

We got no-necked oilmen from Texas
And good ol' boys from Tennessee
And college men from L.S.U.
Went in dumb, come out dumb too

Hustlin' 'round Atlanta in their alligator shoes
Gettin' drunk every weekend at the barbecues

We're rednecks, we're rednecks
We don't know our ass from a hole in the ground

Now your northern ******'s a Negro
You see, he's got his dignity
Down here we're too ignorant to realize
That the North has set the ****** free

Yes, he's free to be put in a cage in Harlem in New York City
And he's free to be put in a cage
In the South-Side of Chicago, the West-Side
And he's free to be put in a cage in Hough in Cleveland
And he's free to be put in a cage in East St. Louis

And he's free to be put in a cage in Fillmore in San Francisco
And he's free to be put in a cage in Roxbury in Boston
They're gatherin' 'em up from miles around
Keepin' the ******s down

We don't know our ass from a hole in the ground
We are keepin' the ******s down
Best of luck to you sir..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies