Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 05:49 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

The saiga-12 was always on the "hit list", this just makes it more official. Unfortunately, the language is so unclear and it doesn't point to whether sporterized saiga-12s are now banned or not.

ATF Restricts Shotgun Imports to “Sporting Shotguns” |
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:52 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,926 times
Stock up while we still can. Small steps but the noose is tightening.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:01 AM

It's not completely clear. The main problem is that the Saiga, even in stock "sporterized" form, is that it can accept 20 rd drums (MD-20s). This is what causes the tinfoil hat gun grabbers to lose sleep at night.

Anti gun moonbats like to make the hilarious quip "Durr, you don't need an AK-47 to hunt dear lolololol", and literally someone just decided "Screw it, let's make up some s**t about a sporting purpose".

Old 01-28-2011, 06:09 AM

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut some progressive told me that Obama's not after my guns?!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 AM

Meanwhile, gun bans in the UK are working marvelously...

BBC News - Police hunt US-bought guns smuggled in hold luggage

Old 01-28-2011, 10:47 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Here is the actual report of the BATFE study done. Although there is some concern that they may ban certain shotguns for import the truth is, if you read the report, the Saiga conforms to all "sporting clauses" if shipped with a 5rd mag or less. Which they currently are. As currently configured from the factory a Saiga conforms in every way to the conclusions of the report. If they ban saigas, they have to ban Binnelli's, citori's and a host of Brownings, wingmasters, etc. They note in the report that they make no difference between magazine fed and tube fed as tube fed have speed loaders available that load faster than you can change a magazine. They also see no value in folding stocks or flash hiders for sporting purposes. It's not the Saiga, it's the aftermarkert add ons that they pan. Now, hi cap mags for the Saiga is something they may try to limit, so buy em while you can. Let's not "Chicken Little" this situation and keep it in context. Your link is a partisan blog, here is the actual scoop right from the source.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/fire...n-shotguns.pdf

Edited to add, If you think my post comes out in support of BATFE, you're wrong. I'm a member of local 2nd amendment organizations in my community. We operate on what is actually happening and do our best to squash any misinformation eminating from both sides of the issue. Here is my personal Saiga which, acording to the report flies in the face of everything the BATFE consider sporting. But I do have the tax stamp as an SBS, so we'll just have to see how it all washes out.
Attached Thumbnails
More backdoor gun bans: ATF report allegedly bans hicap mag shotguns-hkak-003.jpg  

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-28-2011 at 10:58 AM..

Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Stock up while we still can. Small steps but the noose is tightening.

I have already bought 4 drum fed shotguns, and got 25 of the drums as well too.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Isn't it interesting that the ATF is basing their new, prospective rules on similar importation rules on other types of firearms developed in 1984 and 1989, when Ronald Reagan and G.H.W. Bush were President. I don't recall anyone running around then claiming that Reagan and Bush were coming to get your guns.

In any case, not every piece of gun control regulation is synonymous with "coming to get" your guns. Even the most ardent 2nd Amendment supporter, like me, must realize that SOME regulation is appropriate and that regulation has a long history in this country.

All of this is nothing new nor unique to the Obama administration, but nobody seems to know that or care. Instead of dispassionately looking at proposed regulations and weighing the good of them against the bad, the common response seems to be a reflexive "OMG! Obama is coming!"

One can't help but wonder why that is.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times
"You asked for it - you got it!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies