Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM

157 posts, read 153,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That also plays a role in more OT. The cost to give these guys these massive handouts by waving the compensation caps outweighs the cost savings that result from having less staff.
Are you in Personnel for the PD. I don't think so. So you don't really know what the saving are. And since most were of high rank there is no OT to fill when they are not there. And there have been no promotions from the lower ranks to those ranks so no gain on OT there. So there goes that theory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but the top salary for a regular PO is lower in SJ

stop with the median..unless you really want to bring the fact of ages, longevity to the table

a medain of a younger force is surely to be less than a median of a older (more longevity, and maybe more higher ranking) force

fact the TOP BASE salary for a regular PO is 108k....barely a living wage in Nassau

it is quite DECEPTIVE to keep quoting a median salary OF COPS...and not divide it down to the difference between a regular PO and a captain or a sergeant

if I was to look at the median of all rookie cadets..the median would be 35k....
That explains this median garbage in an nutshell but real fact don't matter to this crew, only facts that they can spin

Old 02-18-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Nassau County has COLA increases as well, the median base salary is higher in Nassau than in SJ. The SJ public employee pay website shows this.
I was waiting for this, the COLA for all NY state employees is 0 to 3% depending on the inflation rate , but only on the first $18000. So the best one can increase in one year is $540 which will not happen many years at all. So that throws another spin wheel out the window

Old 02-18-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
uhm

the military is 70% at 30 years

most unions public and private are the same way
and in the military now you can keep increasing till forced to retire. As a matter of fact civlians and teachers can keep increasing their pensions past thirty years until forced to retire and can get upwards of 90%. The police don't have that. But no one notices that. Only what they can spin around

Old 02-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Maybe they'll raise taxes and honor the contracts they signed
What a concept! Honoring a contract. The problem is we are dealing with unhonorable people

Old 02-18-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash255 View Post
the cost of benefits were included to show the cost each officer has for the taxpayers. Highest paid cops in the entire country.
wrong again not highest paid cops in country> you think if you say it alot people will believ you

richest county in the country> maybe i"ll keep writing that

Old 02-18-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
the military is 50% at 20..70% at 30...has been since I joined in 1983 (I retired in 2005)

the military also get ADDITIONAL a TSP (unmatched)

as far as the fed side
CSRS (which did NOT contribute to SS, is gone..they all are retired now

under FERS, you have a 1% of the top 3 times the amount of years.....plus the TSP which is a matching TSP

I am retired miilitary and a working on my FERS retirement...2 pensions, plus ss
Did you get your real estate tax exemption for vets. I just got mine!!! I bet that burns these guys to LOL. And I even get more for my DV rating ha!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:04 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Are you in Personnel for the PD. I don't think so. So you don't really know what the saving are. And since most were of high rank there is no OT to fill when they are not there. And there have been no promotions from the lower ranks to those ranks so no gain on OT there. So there goes that theory
They are leaving with an extra several hundred thousand more as a result of the compensation caps, its going to take a bit to make that up. Not to mention those who would have retired anyway are getting the extra $$4 also.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:06 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
wrong again not highest paid cops in country> you think if you say it alot people will believ you

richest county in the country> maybe i"ll keep writing that
Yes highest paid in the country, and all the stats back that up. The public pay websites show this.

Nassau ranks 10th as far as income per county.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:28 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Default Fiscal Control Board Declares emergency

"The authority has rejected County Executive Ed Mangano’s revised budget plan and instituted a wage freeze, which is expected to save about $10.5 million.
On Wednesday, Mangano announced a plan that would close the $176 million budget gap. He also announced he would lay off 213 workers and not fill about 300 other positions."

Nassau Interim Finance Authority Declares Fiscal Emergency In Nassau CountyCBS New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies